• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When do we have to select our subjects and how do we get our timetable (2 Viewers)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
umm i have no idea? but the schools my units are in are:
school of law (for business law)
school of accounting (accounting decisions and reports)
school of economics and something else (for intorductory economics)
and school of computing and maths (for statistics of business)

why is this surprising, or rare? is this right? have i done something wrong?

L

LaraB

Shell said:
umm i have no idea? but the schools my units are in are:
school of law (for business law)
school of accounting (accounting decisions and reports)
school of economics and something else (for intorductory economics)
and school of computing and maths (for statistics of business)

why is this surprising, or rare? is this right? have i done something wrong?
what course are you doing? coz usually you jsut have 1 or 2 from what people i know have done..

i doubt you've done anything wrong:) just seems funny to be having 4 different schools in one course:p i've got 3 and its bad enough lol..

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Im doing Bachelor of Business (Accounting) at Campbelltown. i think two oft he schools open on the 16th, and the other two on the 20th, so its not like i have to sit on here for 4 days registering for tutes.

L

LaraB

Shell said:
Im doing Bachelor of Business (Accounting) at Campbelltown. i think two oft he schools open on the 16th, and the other two on the 20th, so its not like i have to sit on here for 4 days registering for tutes.
yeh thta's not 2 bad then coz at least you should get all your 1st preference times:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The only problem I see with multiple school tute reg is that I might get all the ones I want for the first two tute reg and then on the final one a day later not get it and then its all screwed up...what do I do then?

L

LaraB

melsc said:
The only problem I see with multiple school tute reg is that I might get all the ones I want for the first two tute reg and then on the final one a day later not get it and then its all screwed up...what do I do then?
its very unlikely that would happen, but if it did - write to the unit coordinator and request permission to be allowed in to your desired timeslot, and explain that some times clash unless you can have that timeslot and as you are a 1st year student you can't just not do the unit..

they're usually pretty understanding when you're in 1st year/1st semester.. then on though they can be a bit strict on it...

but it probably won't come downto that:)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
oh gosh, what if you can't make it on the net at the time the school opens? I just realised i have 3 days i have to be on here to register.

14th
16th
20th

i have to go to my best friends enrollment day on the 14th. she came to mine and i'd feel so horrible if i couldnt take her to hers. The school opens at 12:30. dammit, i have to be on there at that time if i want my prefered timetable dont i?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Shell said:
oh gosh, what if you can't make it on the net at the time the school opens? I just realised i have 3 days i have to be on here to register.

14th
16th
20th

i have to go to my best friends enrollment day on the 14th. she came to mine and i'd feel so horrible if i couldnt take her to hers. The school opens at 12:30. dammit, i have to be on there at that time if i want my prefered timetable dont i?
Can you trust any family members to do it for you?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
no one is home. i have the house to myself every day from 8-3 ish. :(:( my dads driving Bill Clinton around the place :S lol so he's out, mums a school teacher, my brother just got a new car and pz so hes NEVER home, my sisters a nanny everyday.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Shell said:
no one is home. i have the house to myself every day from 8-3 ish. :(:( my dads driving Bill Clinton around the place :S lol so he's out, mums a school teacher, my brother just got a new car and pz so hes NEVER home, my sisters a nanny everyday.
Your Dad is driving Bill Clinton around?

Well, you dont have many options unfortunately. is it so important you go with your friend? Tell her your situation and that you'll make it up to her some other way.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Your Dad is driving Bill Clinton around?

Well, you dont have many options unfortunately. is it so important you go with your friend? Tell her your situation and that you'll make it up to her some other way.
yeah, i told her. she said "well i dont know what i'll do if you cant take me!" coz her uni is Wollongong.

yeah dads a cop, but sometimes he gets asked to do special security driving. like once he drove the queen, the da le lama or whatever his name is, George Bush, john howard ( a lot), etc etc. he WAS going to take Princess Mary, but he had to turn it down due to something else.

omg is there anyone on here i can trust to register for me? lol, no i dont suppose thats very safe, i mean they'd have to have my numbers and everything.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Shell said:
yeah, i told her. she said "well i dont know what i'll do if you cant take me!" coz her uni is Wollongong.

yeah dads a cop, but sometimes he gets asked to do special security driving. like once he drove the queen, the da le lama or whatever his name is, George Bush, john howard ( a lot), etc etc. he WAS going to take Princess Mary, but he had to turn it down due to something else.

omg is there anyone on here i can trust to register for me? lol, no i dont suppose thats very safe, i mean they'd have to have my numbers and everything.
Does she have no other friends?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah, she does, its just that its only fair that i take her seeing as she had to sit through my hell boring enrollment

L

LaraB

Shell said:

14th
16th
20th

meh if i were in your position i'd just do my tute rego..

fair enough your friend went to your enrollment but if you don't get your tute spots, saying "i couldn't coz i went to another uni with a friend for their enrollment" is not an excuse that will get you into the spot...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
natstar said:
Does ur friend go to UWS? If so, you could always go to a computer lab and register.
nup shes going to wollongong.

i suppose she'll just have to get someone else to take her. i just feel really slack coz i'm ditching her to be on the internet at 12:30 for what, 10 minutes?

L

LaraB

Shell said:
nup shes going to wollongong.

i suppose she'll just have to get someone else to take her. i just feel really slack coz i'm ditching her to be on the internet at 12:30 for what, 10 minutes?
depending on how slow the server is, if it stuff up and is shut down for a while etc - you could be on for an hour or more...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ohh ok. well that makes me feel slightly better.

OMG ive just gone through my timetable (or what i'd hoped would be my timetable), again, and ive realised something overlaps. DAMN DAMN DAMN mine is SOOOO confusing. i thought i had it all figured out

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
melsc said:
nope not yet :)

I know Lara, I am so jealous of him now :(
are you absolutely certain we dont have to register for spring session yet??

L

LaraB

Shell said:
are you absolutely certain we dont have to register for spring session yet??
yes.

\you register in about july-ish for spring semester tutes...

have a look at the top of the page in pweb - it says spring times aren't even finalised til May so you can't possibly register for them now:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)