• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

when threads are repeated (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
what is the policy towards when new threads are created, when an older thread has had the same discussion.

i would like to use the example of the injury thread: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=66551

before i continue, i want to make it clear that i'm not actually protesting the closing of the thread, rather questioning the policy towards such actions.

i think, that if a discussion has taken place in a relatively recent period of time, then i would say its quite reasonable to close and refer to the older thread. but as in this case, when the thread is about a year old, i find it "old news".
you would be naive to think that you can have archived, singular threads of information, when the regular posting public is continuously changing.

i'd think that this usually does happen, through a lack of application of mod powers (not in a bad way). but in this case, i think without wings remembered her post (#32) in the old thread.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i made a search before i created the injury thread

"injury" came up with 267 matches, or something like that

I went to about the 3rd page of the search for a similar thread to the on I was about to create, and gave up and started creating.

turned out to be on the 7th or something. i wasn't even half way there!

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Well.. I think ppl can repeat a thread for every year especially in non-general forums since they go through what others from the previous year have done. There'll probably the same questions or problems, but it's also encouraged to search for the same problem other people have had and find the solution be4 making a new thread.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
thats what i am questioning...threads are often merged, why was it not in this case?

i was just wondering what the over-ruling policy was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)