• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which do you prefer wealth creation or wealth redistribution? (1 Viewer)

Which do you prefer wealth creation or wealth redistribution?

• Wealth creation

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Wealth redistribution

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The United States of America and China are the two richest countries in the world because they unashamedly believe in wealth creation. Norway and Australia have the best quality of life in the world (great healthcare, great education and great welfare, and great GDP per capita). Norway and Australia have a very great welfare system.

Kevin Rudd has promised to grow the economic pie, rather than to share the pie. Kevin Rudd wants to create wealth rather than redistribute wealth. Kevin Rudd wants to cut income taxes to provide incentive for people to join the workforce. The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) says that 20 per cent of Australians are on welfare.

Australia's population is projected to increase to over 40 million by 2050 according to the ABS.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
false dichotomy

i prefer wealth destruction

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The United States of America and China are the two richest countries in the world because they unashamedly believe in wealth creation. Norway and Australia have the best quality of life in the world (great healthcare, great education and great welfare, and great GDP per capita). Norway and Australia have a very great welfare system.

Kevin Rudd has promised to grow the economic pie, rather than to share the pie. Kevin Rudd wants to create wealth rather than redistribute wealth. Kevin Rudd wants to cut income taxes to provide incentive for people to join the workforce. The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) says that 20 per cent of Australians are on welfare.

Australia's population is projected to increase to over 40 million by 2050 according to the ABS.
Neither... Too much or little of wealth distribution is bad.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Too little wealth distribution is like India..... The majority of the Indian population are in poverty.

Now wouldn't that be a nice demographic for a country?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Wealth creation with selective distribution?

Higher income for workers and resourcers- give more to the man who farms the crop than he who distributes it.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Too little wealth distribution is like India..... The majority of the Indian population are in poverty.

Now wouldn't that be a nice demographic for a country?
Wealth creation can lead to new job opportunities and higher incomes, better infrastructure and quality of the labour force. This would benefit the wider community in the long run i think.

bhsrepresent

HSC
Wealth creation: Redistribution is great until you run out of other people's money!

Besides though, a freer market that facilitates wealth creation will raise more government revenue and ultimately allow governments to spend on re-distributive measures without an increase in taxes. So in a way, wealth creation can lead to wealth redistribution (but it don't work the other way around! redistribution won't lead to creation of any sort).

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
australia ranks 10th in ease of doing business globally. apparently were not a wealth creating country lol.

what i find funny is that rudd is going on about a carbon tax yet wants to give 200million a year to the biggest polluters in the world. lawl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)