• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which one is easier chemistry or software design and development? (1 Viewer)

od9895

HSC
Does anyone know which one is easier between the two. I am taking chemistry right now, but i am thinking of dropping chem for software design and development. Could you guys provide reasons for your responses.

Also do you guys know if it is harder to drop a subject at the beginning of year 11 and if the subject coordinator says no, could you complain or what else you could do!

Dylanamali

HSC
Schools should not be able to prevent you from dropping a subject - provided that you remain above or at 10 units.
If they do, just get your parents to right a note to them, saying that they support your decision to drop.

Chemistry is considered one of the harder subjects, but good chemistry students are rewarded by the way the subject aligns.. e.g. a mark of 55 aligned to a band 5 in 2009 and a mark of 74 aligned to a band 6 in 2010. Completing the chemistry course requires a lot of memory as the syllabus is quite dense, yet it also combines that with skills - such as calculations and a testing of underlying concepts which can become difficult for the average student.

Having said that, I did not do software design and development, but from what I have heard and read.. this seems like the much 'easier' course out of the two. However, aligning may even things out in the end.

od9895

HSC
Thanks, So are people allowed to drop a subject and replaced it with another subject and if the subject coordinator say that software design and development is full, could you still complain?

D94

HSC
N/A
Thanks, So are people allowed to drop a subject and replaced it with another subject and if the subject coordinator say that software design and development is full, could you still complain?
Depends on which ever school you go to. Students may pick up another subject (usually in replacement of another) within a sort of grace period (around 4 weeks). But, if they say it's full, then it's full, and I doubt you could do much. Depends on how well you persuade them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)