• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who does Mike Moore parody? (1 Viewer)

tomcats 72

HSC
Mike Moore is a parody of all current affairs hosts. By portraying Mike as an idiot behind the scenes in frontline and serious during the shooting of the show the working dog team make a comment that who the host is portrayed to be may not be the way they trully act. Hope that helps/makes sense.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
ok it's just my teacher said he was parodying either MIke Munro or Mike Willesee when he says "Hello, I"m Mike Moore and welcome to Frontline" with the shoulder thing.

Who's the current host of a current affair? I think it's him.

tomcats 72

HSC
probably. I think it's Mike Munro. In a hsc exam you should talk about Mike Moore being a parody of all current affairs hosts and how this is a device used by the working dog team to satirise current affair shows. It is much easier to argue that point than it would be to argue that Mike Moore is just paroding Mike Munro.

speed2

HSC
i think ray martin because of his hair style

Owyn

HSC
Mike Moore is mostly a parady on all current affairs hosts, however most distinctly Mike Willissee. The episode the siege was the motivation for the entire series, when Rob Sitch saw Mike Willisee from a Current Affair talking to a gunman on air. I agree thoe Ray Martin must be being parodied because of that ridiculous hair.

aurora_05

HSC
You could really say that he was a parody of any of the mentioned hosts. He kinda shares attributes with all of them. However I think in an exam you'd be better off to generalise and say that he parodises all current affairs show hosts as Frontline is aired on an unspecified network so it doesnt directly parody any specific current affairs show.

jaihson

HSC
I dont do frontline, but i did it in year 10. that lady with the long brown hair is a parody of an earlier Jana Vendt apparently

jdrockefeller

HSC
Mike Moore is not a parody of Mike Munro for one reason: Mike Munro was not in current affairs in 1995. If anything Moore would be a parody of Stan Grant host of Real Life or Ray Martin, host of ACA.

The official Frontline: "The story behind the story...behind the stories" says that "Tom Gleisener also insisted that presenters such as Stan Grant were not the real targets of Frontline, which was aiming more for the 'manipulative men' who 'make the decisions and weild the power.' on current affairs shows."

- Source: "When Artifice Imitates Real Life", The Age, 2nd August 1994.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)