• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who has a pimple right now? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Always said:
Ahah, I just killed the twat. Finally. :rolleyes:

The secret to clear skin? Forget the 18738934289234 million acne-treating products - just drink water. No joke. Water. I swear I go through about 3 litres a day, not to all the mention fruit + veggies. It's true when they say beauty comes from the inside. ;)
It's not true for everyone

Always

HSC
AlleyCat said:
everyone says that, but i have clear skin because of cetaphil and regular hydrating masks. and also because i avoid foundation at all times if i can help it. if you dont let anything sit on your skin, it cant cause breakouts.
Yeah, Cetaphil's a great, mild, daily cleanser. Hydrating masks are also useful for dry skin. Do what you need to do to remove dirt and grease, and include water to the equation. I find my skin stays clear (except for the odd pimple) and has a healthier glow as well.

Always

HSC
iambored said:
It's not true for everyone
Drink 3 litres of water a day for the next 2 months. You may not be pimple-free but I guarantee your skin will improve.

I'm not saying anyone should avoid using products altogether. You need something to remove dirt deposits, and something to restore moisture and protect your skin from the environment (the sun is unkind to the skin).

The rest is up to you. Skincare products can only do so much.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i hardly ever get pimples. I had one the other day tho. this really gross one on my cheek . WTF!! but it was gone after a day. yeah, like someone said ,i drink about 3L of water a day, sometimes more, and i have really clear skin

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
i just got an explosion of them on my neck...like 5-6 grew at the same time

lol my friend thought i had another bout of chicken pox =(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Always said:
Drink 3 litres of water a day for the next 2 months. You may not be pimple-free but I guarantee your skin will improve.

I'm not saying anyone should avoid using products altogether. You need something to remove dirt deposits, and something to restore moisture and protect your skin from the environment (the sun is unkind to the skin).

The rest is up to you. Skincare products can only do so much.
I believe you that skin would improve. Some people have shitty skin so they need to use products. Not necessarily over the counter products either.

Always

HSC
Of course you should still use products. I see so many people overload their skin with harsh, drying products that don't do aything - strong cleansers, toners with alcohol, harsh scrubs, too much benzoyl peroxide, and then filmy moisturisers that just sit on the skin!

Anyone that follows a good skincare routine and a good diet, and still has a lot of pimples should just get their asses to the doctor. Products aren't going to help there.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I rarely have pimples, but when I do, its always on a cheek. Just shave over it and treat it like a shaving cut. Put some aftershave on, and voila!

i do believe a healthy diets the key to avoidng them though. Although, a good diet wont prevent you from getting them of course.

shortie_689

HSC
OH YEAH I GOT A FUCKER OF A PIMPLE
Right above my LIP so not happy it hurts an the guy im seein just thought it would be hilarious to point it out an make me all like self concious about it... AHHH IT HURtS time for the metho...
its so stupid i never get pimples so i get like this odd one that looks so bizzare little red dot ARRGH gros

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
after proclaiming how clear my skin was earlier, i woke up with a huge pimple on my chin. dammit! i put tea tree oil on it this morning though and its healing already. i love tea tree, it seriously cures all. that and pawpaw ointment.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
i have a pimple on my anus atm.. just wanna wipes my shit! >.<
I've got a worse one.

:(

Also random ones on my face.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
AlleyCat said:
after proclaiming how clear my skin was earlier, i woke up with a huge pimple on my chin. dammit! i put tea tree oil on it this morning though and its healing already. i love tea tree, it seriously cures all. that and pawpaw ointment.

maybe ill get me some of that when ma lavendar runs out

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Firnovvwen said:
Thank god for concealer!
doesnt concealer just make them worse?
cause it blocks the pores up and the sweat and stuff has nowhere to go and its makes more pimples?

I had one on the back of my neck this mornin'. i fixed its wagon...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
mr_brightside said:
doesnt concealer just make them worse?
cause it blocks the pores up and the sweat and stuff has nowhere to go and its makes more pimples?

I had one on the back of my neck this mornin'. i fixed its wagon...
it isnt too bad, as long as you cleanse your face well at night. and you can get herbal-based ones which actually help clear the skin and dry out the pimple. i have tony and tina concealer.

swifty, tea tree oil is a lot better than lavender. although you cant use it too often or it dries your face out.

lavender is awesome for insomnia though.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
AlleyCat said:
it isnt too bad, as long as you cleanse your face well at night. and you can get herbal-based ones which actually help clear the skin and dry out the pimple. i have tony and tina concealer.
oh kay...but still it would do something during the day I imagine....

AlleyCat said:
lavender is awesome for insomnia though.
really? I NEED

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
mr_brightside said:
oh kay...but still it would do something during the day I imagine....

really? I NEED
in my experience unless you leave cosmetics on overnight, they dont generally cause more pimples.

and lavender oil on your temples is good for relaxation and helps you get to sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)