• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who's going to be in a Science degree 2005 @ UNSW?? (1 Viewer)

teenangel

hey survivor39

I am going to be doing BScience @ UNSW and I want to transfer to BMed Sci in 2nd yr. Is it true that in the 1st yr Bsc and Bmed Sc are exactly the same?

If they are could u tell me what subjects I should do in the BSc to make it similar to Bmed Sci 1st yr?

also how many majors do u choose?

thanx heaps

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hi teenanle, you do MOSTLY the same subjects in the first year
You should pick:

Session 1:
- Chemistry (Higher or Fundamental)
- Biology
- Maths (Higher/Normal/Life science)
- Choose ONE elective from Psychology, more maths, History and Philosophy of Science, Computing, Physics (higher/fundamental)

Session 2:
- Chemistry (Higher or Fundamental)
- Biology
- Choose ONE elective from Psychology, maths (again) History and Philosophy of Science (I did this), Computing (awww), Physics (higher/fundamental)
- Elective from the science faculty

Overall you can do up to 3 maths subjects if you really wanted to. But you must do ONE.

First year medical science student will do Perspective In Medical Science I, which you would have to make it up in second year, as it is restricted to B MedSc.

You don not start choosing your major until second year. But your first year subjects already covers all the prerequisites required for your major.

pitted

HSC
N/A
hey im doing bscience (nanotechnology) im still up on the goldcoast till sunday...should be interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)