• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Windows Mouse Optical (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I have the above mouse connected to my pc in the USB slot, and i keep getting no responses from my mouse and an error message, which to correct i have to unplug the mouse and reattach it, does this happen to anyone else, and how do u fix it

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Have you installed and configured any software that came with the mouse? Disconnecting it safely and reconnecting it, as the error message says, should do the trick, rather than resetting the entire computer.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
MedNez said:
Have you installed and configured any software that came with the mouse? Disconnecting it safely and reconnecting it, as the error message says, should do the trick, rather than resetting the entire computer.
I was having the same problem yesterday, and i have the new driver for the mouse 5.20.413.0, and the mouse properties say that the device is working.

I also get some weird sound coming from my pc, sort of like deedun, deedun

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
JimmyK said:
if you havent used this USB mouse before - you may need to enable the use of a USB mouse in your BIOS. if all else fails - you can usually get a usb -> ps/2 adapter which should solve your problems.
Ive had the mouse for a little over a year now, so i dont see what the problem is

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
This is the error message:

"USB device not recognized
one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it
For Assisstance in solving this proble, Click this message"

How am i ment to click the msg when the mouse isnt responding

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Do you have a different computer you could try it on ? Or another mouse or USB device you could test out for a while to make sure it's actually the mouse that is the problem?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
MedNez said:
Do you have a different computer you could try it on ? Or another mouse or USB device you could test out for a while to make sure it's actually the mouse that is the problem?
I only got one pc, only one mouse, i have other USB slots but,

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
try it in another usb slot...if it still doesnt work the mouse may have died...
Will i have to restart the computer to put the mouse in a new slot

HSC
Korn said:
Would rolling back the driver help
You never know, can't hurt to try it.

I had an old MS optical mouse that pulled that stunt on me a few years ago. It'd worked fine for a few years, then got a bit tempramental and would only work sometimes. Then after a few months it just stopped completely. The lifetime warranty (At that stage, don't know if they still offer it), meant it was replaced for free though so it wasn't really a big deal.

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Rolling back the driver will only help if there is a problem with the new driver. On that note, Logitech mice are pretty cheap in price these days and are superior to Microsoft Mice.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
MedNez said:
Rolling back the driver will only help if there is a problem with the new driver. On that note, Logitech mice are pretty cheap in price these days and are superior to Microsoft Mice.
Really, i was told that MS was best

sunny

meh.
HSC
An important question was unanswered....have you tried using the mouse in a different USB port? In another computer's USB port?

If it didn't work in either, in all likelihood you have a dead mouse.

sladehk

le random
HSC
did you check the bottom of the mouse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)