• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wizard of Oz (1 Viewer)

franny_bob

HSC
N/A
heya all

many posts for physical journey movies have recommended the Wizard of Oz as a movie. i mean i do understand how it would be a physical journey as dorothy in her dream travels on the yellow brick road to oz. but does she come to learn anything from the journey? like emotionally or stuff like that? or is there just the obstacle of like the wicked which that i should talk about.

thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
umm.. i can't remember it too well. i am sure they learn something, it's not a straight forward movie, i am sure there are hidden meanings.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Originally posted by franny_bob

but does she come to learn anything from the journey? like emotionally or stuff like that? or is there just the obstacle of like the wicked which that i should talk about.

thanks
Well only thing I can recall that she may have learnt is "there is no place like home". She is contantly saying these lines throughout the movie and goes into more detail in the final scene when she wakes up.

Not much help - but that is all I can remember.

angel_flick

HSC
well realy when you think about the begining of the movie all her family on the farm in Kansas have a purpose and do not really have time for Dorothy and she feels unwelcome and useless however at the end when she wakes up from the dream she realises how much she was missed and this is represented through the farmers representing the tin man, lion and the scarecrow so in that sense you could say that the physical journey that she goes on in her dream is also a journey of self discovery and her realising her own strength and weaknesses so it also can be interpreted as a inner journey as well as a physical journey

Hell Sent

Originally posted by franny_bob
heya all

but does she come to learn anything from the journey? like emotionally or stuff like that? or is there just the obstacle of like the wicked which that i should talk about.

thanks
i dont think emotional would come into physical journeys...her emotional journey would more be an inner journey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)