• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

word limit (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol ... your stressing too much about this assignment :p

20 words is NOTHING!! Don't worry so much about it. A general rule of thumb is that you can have 10% more or less of the word limit.

So if your word limit is 1000 words - you have room to do 900 or 1110 words. They do allow some flexability in uni :rolleyes:

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Cape said:
lol ... your stressing too much about this assignment :p

20 words is NOTHING!! Don't worry so much about it. A general rule of thumb is that you can have 10% more or less of the word limit.

So if your word limit is 1000 words - you have room to do 900 or 1110 words. They do allow some flexability in uni :rolleyes:
I beg ur pardon, since when is 110% of 1000 words equating 2 1110?...:confused:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
I beg ur pardon, since when is 110% of 1000 words equating 2 1110?...:confused:
stop being so pedantic. hiphophorray123 probably understood what I meant. Sorry my maths isn't 100% cause I haven't done maths for over 2 years.

hehe... if they were THAT strict on word limit, i woulda failed all my essays i submitted... :p
i always go over at least 100 or 200 in mine, but tis ok cos u dont count the useless words like 'and', 'to' etc...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
Hmmm well, it's a matter of politeness aight, anywayz ya shouldn't complain, ur the only UWS'er I say hi 2 lol :p
I don't know whether to be greatful or scared. giggles869 - what do you think.

Also, giggles869 - those "and" words increase word count, looking like you have done more work than what you really have :rolleyes:

HerO

Banned
HSC
giggles869 said:
hehe... if they were THAT strict on word limit, i woulda failed all my essays i submitted... :p
i always go over at least 100 or 200 in mine, but tis ok cos u dont count the useless words like 'and', 'to' etc...
I don't get how people can write so much, maybe it's mostly the chicks who are so opinionated lol, but 4 me I always stay well under the word limit...

:( i handed in my nursing assessment today.... i was soooooooooo below the word limit... :(
so *fingers crossed* hopefully i pass!!!
ill be happy with a pass :D

HerO said:
I don't get how people can write so much, maybe it's mostly the chicks who are so opinionated lol, but 4 me I always stay well under the word limit...
we write so much cos we are afraid of leaving something important out... unless its just cos we are smarter..... ;) hehe

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Hardly, some people go a few hundred over the limit.

HerO

Banned
HSC
giggles869 said:
we write so much cos we are afraid of leaving something important out... unless its just cos we are smarter..... ;) hehe
4 chicks it seems 2 always revolve around quantity, that's juz stupid, I get pretty good grades but I don't waste my time writing useless info...It's like a penis, chicks are always concerned with it's size, when really if u misuse it, it's worthless...:cool:

L

LaraB

HerO said:
far out...just go away

L

LaraB

HerO said:
4 chicks it seems 2 always revolve around quantity, that's juz stupid, I get pretty good grades but I don't waste my time writing useless info...It's like a penis, chicks are always concerned with it's size, when really if u misuse it, it's worthless...:cool:
nice to see you've done a study of the female gender andthushave some basis for those bullshit assumptions you're making....?:confused:

L

LaraB

yes, as a general rule there's the 10% +/-, but some assignments they specify, eg the torts assignment that was just handed in, they specified that 2000 was it - no argument.

yes, they dont go thru and ocunt every essay, say for a 2000 word essay, if it complies with presentation requirements eg size 12, double spaced and comes out as 8-10 pages, they'll believe you if you say its 2000 words.

but if you did the same thing and ended up with 13+ pages for example, unless you've used lotsa headings and speaced it out heaps, ive been told they will then get suspicious and check.

so in other words - if it looks liek 2000, they wont check, but if it looks mroe they will and in some cases there is no flexibility - word limit is the word limit fullstop. So make sure always to check first to be safe:)

hmm my last assessment looked like 1200... although it only looked like that cos of my references..... :S hopefully they dont mark me down !!

L

LaraB

giggles869 said:
hmm my last assessment looked like 1200... although it only looked like that cos of my references..... :S hopefully they dont mark me down !!
nah dont worry if its references:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)