• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

word limits (1 Viewer)

random bus

HSC
hi all

i'm doing my english assignment and keep finding myslef over the word limit by about 100 words.just woundering if thats ok and would teachers notice?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Are you sure you cannot cut your assignment down any further?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Are you sure you cannot cut your assignment down any further?
Yes, it shouldn't be very difficult to cut down your essay by 100 words. Instead of cutting out chunks of info just go through your essay and tighten up your expression a bit.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You shouldn't ever do more than 10% over your word limit. So for 400 words, you're 2 1/2 times over this. Definitely try and cut it back.

katie_1020

HSC
we got our assesment for belonging yesterday and our teacher is making us add a word count at the end of the three sections. if we go even a word over or under the limit we automatically lose half our marks.
is that normal?

Klutsov

HSC
we got our assesment for belonging yesterday and our teacher is making us add a word count at the end of the three sections. if we go even a word over or under the limit we automatically lose half our marks.
is that normal?
Hope it isnt

You obviously have a horrible teacher!!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
if we go even a word over or under the limit we automatically lose half our marks.
is that normal?
Even a word over is relatively common. Under, I've rarely seen enforced, and not personally had done to me.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
is that normal?
LOLOL. Your teacher is going to make you get exactly X number of words in? HAHAHAHA. Besides which, how is she going to count it? :p

katie_1020

HSC
we have to add a word count at the end of every section, so she will know.
shes an awesome teacher, she just wants us to be precise so that when it comes to our exam we are familiar with how many words we can write in the time limit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)