• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

World Rally Championship (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
So we've got threads on Formula One and the V8s and we had a thread on the WRC (but it's vanished), so it's time to start a new one, despite the sport being in its darkest days since Groups B and S were banned in 1986-7. As Markko Martin put it when he stopped driving following the death of his co-driver, the sport simply has no appeal. Gary Connolly's SuperRally rules have done nothing to help the sport and the withdrawal of works support (though you can bet Peugeot, PSA stablemate Citroen and Skoda are all throwing as much money at OMV Norway, Kronos and Red Bull as possible) is another nail in the sport's coffin. The FIA can hardly be expected to manage everything right now with three new rounds (Ireland replaces Australia, Norway will probably boot Cyprus and there's a third round somewhere), but things are looking up: Citroen will be returning with the C4 WRC next year, along with Mitsubishi ending its sabbatical with another Evolution and new entrant Suzuki and the SX4 WRC (though they'll on be competing in five rounds). I don't know if Peugeot or Skoda are retuning to the fold, but with Subaru having so many problems of late, Ford is the only real works team in the game (not that anyone told Sebastian Loeb ... though he's out of Turkey with a broken arm).

Questions?
Concerns?
Comments?

... Complaints?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
cerpin taxt said:
2. too soon for brocky you heartless cunt
Yes, Brock's death was tragic, but it was not in the WRC. His accident was in a local rally around Perth, which is hosting our round of the WRC for the final time ina few weeks.

So, get your facts straight before you start pulling people up, you heartless fucker.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
People write in blocks of text all the time. I'm not writing it out in crayon simply so you canr ead it.

Now back on-topic: the World Rally Championship. The story so far before we were rudely interrupted:
So we've got threads on Formula One and the V8s and we had a thread on the WRC (but it's vanished), so it's time to start a new one, despite the sport being in its darkest days since Groups B and S were banned in 1986-7. As Markko Martin put it when he stopped driving following the death of his co-driver, the sport simply has no appeal. Gary Connolly's SuperRally rules have done nothing to help the sport and the withdrawal of works support (though you can bet Peugeot, PSA stablemate Citroen and Skoda are all throwing as much money at OMV Norway, Kronos and Red Bull as possible) is another nail in the sport's coffin. The FIA can hardly be expected to manage everything right now with three new rounds (Ireland replaces Australia, Norway will probably boot Cyprus and there's a third round somewhere), but things are looking up: Citroen will be returning with the C4 WRC next year, along with Mitsubishi ending its sabbatical with another Evolution and new entrant Suzuki and the SX4 WRC (though they'll on be competing in five rounds). I don't know if Peugeot or Skoda are retuning to the fold, but with Subaru having so many problems of late, Ford is the only real works team in the game (not that anyone told Sebastian Loeb ... though he's out of Turkey with a broken arm).
Discuss.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, I just can't help myself :eek:
You swore :p :eek:

Australian round in a few weeks, I may watch that (just to avoid doing any work). But I haven't really been following it, as the Loeb domination pisses me off.

Whats been happening in WRC? Except for the Loeb domination???

I have concerns, but they don't relate to WRC :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Loeb vs. Gronholm.

Subaru's embarrassing farce on home soil.

Not much else.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
How exciting :rolleyes:

I don't like either Loeb or Gronholm.

I always forget to watch it when channel 10 finally decide to broadcast the highlights package. I'm pretty sure it was on today, or was it ARC? It was one of those two, but I forgot to watch it as China was on :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)