• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Would Australian Universities be better if they don't accept Asian International (2 Viewers)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
turns out OP is just bogan

it's alright guys, call off the attempt-to-reason-with-him chat
dw guise OP probably goes to a 2nd rate pleb uni and is angry that cheating asians got ahead of him.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
You're defending them now?
I don't think insulting the obvious racist values you have constitutes defending people who cheat, but old mate isildurrrr1 has already made more than enough substantial points as to why your proposition is blatantly stupid and you've just swept them under the rug of "irrelevant right now" on the basis that even though they are relevant points, they go against your own.

You should be a politician. They're really good at saying those things.

Brian1800

HSC

You obviously don't realize the how much uni is essay and research based. Tell me how can create a test on international relations when the entire major is based on research essays?
The user b0b101 clearly doesn't understand how university works.

dw guise OP probably goes to a 2nd rate pleb uni and is angry that cheating asians got ahead of him.
I go to a good university (Australian one) and so far the cheating Asians haven't surpassed me. Already I said previously that I'm a straight HD student.

I don't think insulting the obvious racist values you have constitutes defending people who cheat, but old mate isildurrrr1 has already made more than enough substantial points as to why your proposition is blatantly stupid and you've just swept them under the rug of "irrelevant right now" on the basis that even though they are relevant points, they go against your own.

You should be a politician. They're really good at saying those things.
Bloody hell. Just team up with me and help me. You'd rather team up with cheaters than someone who is honest huh? Well that shows good character on your behalf. I'm not racist when I NEVER attacked domestic Asian students. They are still Asian, hence I only pick on cheaters.

Politics has nothing to do with this. Cheaters = Cheaters. The bored of studies people should be smarter than this, I'm quite disappointed about their intellect declining.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL this guy...

Given the fact that he has admitted multiple times that he's "a straight HD student" I honestly think that he's here to try and prove something to himself as opposed to us. Maybe you're trying to prove to yourself that it's impossible for an international student to be actually smarter than you? If it's not that, feel free to share. Whatever it is, good luck with it and I hope you'll eventually realise that what you're saying is just wrong. Goes to show why companies hold interviews, you can have a straight HD student who is still... underperforming in certain areas.

Brian1800

HSC
Just mentioning I am a straight HD because someone keeps coming up with the fact that someone is claiming the cheaters are doing better than me. I never claimed the non-cheating International Asian students are performing worse than me. I hope those interviewers can recognise who are the cheaters and whatnot.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Of course they will. Therefore, they won't get a job. If they do, they'll get fired soon enough for not performing well enough. So what's the problem?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Just mentioning I am a straight HD because someone keeps coming up with the fact that someone is claiming the cheaters are doing better than me. I never claimed the non-cheating International Asian students are performing worse than me. I hope those interviewers can recognise who are the cheaters and whatnot.
No shit you go to an australian university, everyone on this board goes to an aussie uni. And going to a "good one" probably means you go to a second rate pleb uni. Go8 or go home son.

Dw too much about asian kids, they'll go back home and take over daddy's company irregardless of their academic performance. The problem is honestly a minority, there's a bigger issue at stake when the bar is set very low to pass students in certain courses (ahem business/accounting).

Brian1800

HSC
Of course they will. Therefore, they won't get a job. If they do, they'll get fired soon enough for not performing well enough. So what's the problem?
According to isildurrrr1, they will get a job from their parents back in China and such.

And going to a "good one" probably means you go to a second rate pleb uni. Go8 or go home son.
Are you telling me that all the other students who go to a non-Go8 are useless and should just stay at home because they don't attend a Go8 university? This includes Macquarie, UTS, UWS, ACU, CSU along with some others.

Dw too much about asian kids, they'll go back home and take over daddy's company irregardless of their academic performance. The problem is honestly a minority, there's a bigger issue at stake when the bar is set very low to pass students in certain courses (ahem business/accounting).
Why are they even in an Australia University then? Can't they just easily graduate from their own country and take over their father's company? Or better to ask is why are they even at university if the father can just pass on his company to his child?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
According to isildurrrr1, they will get a job from their parents back in China and such.
If your dad owned his own company, I'm pretty sure he'd do his best to pass it on to you.

Are you telling me that all the other students who go to a non-Go8 are useless and should just stay at home because they don't attend a Go8 university? This includes Macquarie, UTS, UWS, ACU, CSU along with some others.
Macqaurie and UTS is aite, but others are already becoming huge degree mills. What do you think the definition of second rate is? first rate is Go8, second rate is UTS and Macq.

Why are they even in an Australia University then? Can't they just easily graduate from their own country and take over their father's company? Or better to ask is why are they even at university if the father can just pass on his company to his child?
My uninformed friend, you forget the fact that Australia does a good job of selling our "prestige." It's much harder to get into a top chinese uni than an Australian uni. There's a billion people in China and we have 23 million. Think which one has easier competition amongst the masses. A lot of them are doing it for immigration purposes, why do you think all of them are taking accounting? I doubt there are that many chinese kids that have an interest in accounting.

You also forget the fact about the cultural situation when it comes to "face" in China. If your kid becomes a dumb cunt and can't get a uni degree, it brings shame upon you. So the kids have pressures to pass and what not. If you have a kid that's not going to uni, it looks REALLY bad on you. Education is super important to asian cultures, why do you think most top uni's are filled with asians? It's even in the articles on SMH.

Because you're a brick at uni doesn't mean you'll be a brick at doing business. I have a VERY close friend of mine who was a UWS dropout coz he was too smaht. At 24 he was pulling 100k AUD a year, now he's in his early 30s pulling 600k AUD A YEAR. He was a shitty student but he's got a brilliant mind when it comes to business. And no he didn't take over his daddy's company, he runs his own trading company and his clients include Bupa and the NHS (UK).

Brian1800

HSC
If your dad owned his own company, I'm pretty sure he'd do his best to pass it on to you.
True.

Macqaurie and UTS is aite, but others are already becoming huge degree mills. What do you think the definition of second rate is? first rate is Go8, second rate is UTS and Macq.
Still good universities though, but I see what you are implying.

There's a billion people in China and we have 23 million. Think which one has easier competition amongst the masses. A lot of them are doing it for immigration purposes
Always fascinating to know how they have such a huge population. Seems like a breeding ground really. They breed and then want to immigrate here because of the problems they caused due to lack of space.

why do you think all of them are taking accounting? I doubt there are that many chinese kids that have an interest in accounting.
I have no idea. Accounting really looks so boring.

You also forget the fact about the cultural situation when it comes to "face" in China. If your kid becomes a dumb cunt and can't get a uni degree, it brings shame upon you. So the kids have pressures to pass and what not. If you have a kid that's not going to uni, it looks REALLY bad on you.
Saw it in the article. Anyways the Asian culture is very ridiculous at times when it comes to education. If I had a child, even if he/she never attained a university degree it will never make me feel ashamed. As long as I see him/her happy and has good morals, that will be enough to make me smile inside.

Because you're a brick at uni doesn't mean you'll be a brick at doing business. I have a VERY close friend of mine who was a UWS dropout coz he was too smaht. At 24 he was pulling 100k AUD a year, now he's in his early 30s pulling 600k AUD A YEAR. He was a shitty student but he's got a brilliant mind when it comes to business. And no he didn't take over his daddy's company, he runs his own trading company and his clients include Bupa and the NHS (UK).
What an awesome friend. Keep in touch with him, he might teach you a thing or two.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Always fascinating to know how they have such a huge population. Seems like a breeding ground really. They breed and then want to immigrate here because of the problems they caused due to lack of space.
population explosion after world war 2. Now they have a one child policy so a lot of kids have HUGE family pressures of succeeding in life. Remember, no such thing as a pension in china, you retire you're fucked. So the kids have to take care of the family which is why there's such a huge pressure of them getting a uni education.

Saw it in the article. Anyways the Asian culture is very ridiculous at times when it comes to education. If I had a child, even if he/she never attained a university degree it will never make me feel ashamed. As long as I see him/her happy and has good morals, that will be enough to make me smile inside.
Because education is seen as the only way to move up in the world. There is still a degree of meritocracy in asia. You should take a course in chinese history and you'd understand their mindset. Back in the old days the only way to rise up from being a peasant was to take the civil service exam.

There are even bank loans from Taiwan for kids to go study overseas. That's some intense shit when you can take a loan out like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)