• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Would this person get into Medicine??? (1 Viewer)

SKT MethNana

HSC
N/A
One of my friends said that if you get 98.5 Atar and you get a 92 Umat you have a 'strong' chance of getting into medicine, regardless of what uni.
Is this true... I disagreed with this as I wouldv'e thought your ATAR needs to be a little higher.
Thoughts??

Silly Sausage

HSC
One of my friends said that if you get 98.5 Atar and you get a 92 Umat you have a 'strong' chance of getting into medicine, regardless of what uni.
Is this true... I disagreed with this as I wouldv'e thought your ATAR needs to be a little higher.
Thoughts??
Won't get you into USYD, UNSW though...

Silly Sausage

HSC
So therefore your friend is wrong if he meant you could get into medical school regardless of which uni with those exact marks.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Maybe the friend meant you have a strong chance of getting in somewhere. (Obviously it's not true to say strong chance of getting in anywhere, e.g. USyd Medicine requires 99.95 ATAR.)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Would he make it to UWS??
UWS/WSU looks at the UMAT results in different ways, from memory, (correct me if I am wrong) they look at S1. So provided that everything is good with the academic side of results, the last hurdle is the interview.

He would have a chance at UWS.

A1P

Banned
HSC
and you get a 92 Umat
What are three section scores?
92 percentile is around 183 overall, but if that comprises 52/48/83 then s/he gets bugger all chance anywhere.

(i.e. failing the 50 minimum, low S1 where it counts more with some unis, high S3 where it counts less with UWS, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)