• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 Equipment/Resources (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Meh, Arial size 12 font got me through the HSC year. Unless they're incredibly pedantic (and yes, some of the teachers are), you'll be fine with whatever font and spacing you choose.
Hopefully the teachers I have next year are pretty easy - cause I hate Times New Roman - but I got penalised last year and in year 9 so that's why I've been sticking to it.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Meh, Arial size 12 font got me through the HSC year. Unless they're incredibly pedantic (and yes, some of the teachers are), you'll be fine with whatever font and spacing you choose.
You've never had one of my physics open book tests. God, it's like the teachers turn into font/formatting inspectors or something. We're usually only allowed to bring one page of information in and they collect it at the end to make sure that you haven't taken advantage of everything. May you rest in peace in the afterlife if the teachers found that you "cheated" by not adhering to the rules.

Ah, you guys seemed so organised. But, it's a bit early, don't you think? Relax. You have two weeks of holidays left. School stuff should always be worried about the weekend before school stars (at least, that was what it was like for me). ;)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
o.bi.sess said:
You've never had one of my physics open book tests. God, it's like the teachers turn into font/formatting inspectors or something. We're usually only allowed to bring one page of information in and they collect it at the end to make sure that you haven't taken advantage of everything. May you rest in peace in the afterlife if the teachers found that you "cheated" by not adhering to the rules.

Ah, you guys seemed so organised. But, it's a bit early, don't you think? Relax. You have two weeks of holidays left. School stuff should always be worried about the weekend before school stars (at least, that was what it was like for me). ;)
Yes, penalise me even more because I used a bigger font than Times New Roman, which already places me at a disadvantage against the rest of the students :eek:

You mean the weekend after school starts :eek:

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
You mean the weekend after school starts
Lol.

However, you haven't truly panicked until you've stood in line at the local Woolies on the morning of the first day of school with packets of pens and refills trying to ignore the looks that the other shoppers are giving you. :D

SoulSearcher

HSC
o.bi.sess said:
Lol.

However, you haven't truly panicked until you've stood in line at the local Woolies on the morning of the first day of school with packets of pens and refills trying to ignore the looks that the other shoppers are giving you. :D
Haha, I haven't gotten myself into that situation, but then that's because I 'borrowed' my sister's stuff for the first week back :D:eek:

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Haha, I haven't gotten myself into that situation, but then that's because I 'borrowed' my sister's stuff for the first week back :D:eek:
Ah, the wonders of siblings. One of the few times that I dislike being an only child. No one to sponge/"borrow" (like you're fooling anyone) off. :(

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I sometimes wonder what it's like to be an only child :eek:

Hence the quotation marks :(:eek:
And sometimes I wonder what it's like to not be an only child.

Maybe we should swap lives for a week or two (like some demented fusion of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday), realise that the other person's life is complete and utter beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, learn some valuable moral lesson about "greener grass", swap back and pretend the whole thing never happened.

You up for it? :D

SoulSearcher

HSC
o.bi.sess said:
And sometimes I wonder what it's like to not be an only child.

Maybe we should swap lives for a week or two (like some demented fusion of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday), realise that the other person's life is complete and utter beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, learn some valuable moral lesson about "greener grass", swap back and pretend the whole thing never happened.

You up for it? :D
:rofl:

Works for me :D

When do we begin? :p

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
:rofl:

Works for me :D

When do we begin? :p
It's already begun. Look out your window. *creepy, stalkerish-ish music*

Alright, that was lame, even for me (and you haven't heard lame until you've heard my jokes).

SoulSearcher

HSC
o.bi.sess said:
It's already begun. Look out your window. *creepy, stalkerish-ish music*

Alright, that was lame, even for me (and you haven't heard lame until you've heard my jokes).
Good luck if you fall onto the cacti below :p

Hmm, I'd have to listen to more of them before I could judge that :uhhuh:

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Good luck if you fall onto the cacti below :p

Hmm, I'd have to listen to more of them before I could judge that :uhhuh:
Dude, my jokes can be considered as "cruel and unusual torture" under the UN war crimes act. Seriously (and now I sound like a Ten ad).

(LOL. We've digressed so much from the original point of this thread :eek: )

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
*Ahem, getting a bit off topic? ;)
Theres nothing wrong with a "little" bit of off-topic posts ;)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
blue/black/red pen.
200 page maths book.
4-5 exercise book
liquid paper
ruller
calculator

that is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)