• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 study (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
How many hours per day did you guys study or are studying for year 11.
Or how many hours do you guys think are satisfactory to best prepare one before year 12.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Don't go all crazy and say "i'm gonna do 6hrs a day!"
Just be consistent and make sure you learn all your concepts

interesting

HSC
N/A
no study. just cramm during exam week :S
if you wanna prepare, just understand everything lol you don't need to study that much ;)

findx

HSC
- review your work every night. finish homework as soon as possible.
- summarises notes each week.. will stop the last minute rush to make them prior to exams.
- adapt to a strategy which works for you, and that hopefully you can carry to yr12

powlmao

Banned
HSC
How many hours per day did you guys study or are studying for year 11.
Or how many hours do you guys think are satisfactory to best prepare one before year 12.
I did too much and burned out, a hour is good per day, bump it up to 3-4 before exams.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Yeah but if just studies a lot, maybe 2.5 hrs a day, would that burn me out?
Not a consistent 2.5 hrs though.

interesting

HSC
N/A
nup but you shouldn't worry too much about studying in year 11..its your last bludge year

jnney

lemon
HSC
2.5 hours is not a lot. No you will not burn out, there is simply no such thing. That's just you becoming lazy. I spent a lot more time studying that this, mainly doing all the maths questions in Maths in Focus and Cambridge LOL. Also, I didn't have tutoring for my subjects (except maths) and my teachers weren't up to par so it always took a while when was teaching myself. It really depends on your situation, but 2.5 hours sounds good.

Good luck! Don't stress. :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
2.5 hours is not a lot. No you will not burn out, there is simply no such thing. That's just you becoming lazy. I spent a lot more time studying that this, mainly doing all the maths questions in Maths in Focus and Cambridge LOL. Also, I didn't have tutoring for my subjects (except maths) and my teachers weren't up to par so it always took a while when was teaching myself. It really depends on your situation, but 2.5 hours sounds good.

Good luck! Don't stress. :)
There is such a thing as burning out. You try studying say... 12 hours a day and describe to me how you're feeling after about two days. That's not laziness, that's burning out - or, questioning whether this is all worth it or yelling "NO!" and refusing to do any more.

You do NOT want that ever.

In Year 11, do minimal study. You're not being tested on it, except for maths, so use the time to figure out what study techniques suit you best.

jnney

lemon
HSC
There is such a thing as burning out. You try studying say... 12 hours a day and describe to me how you're feeling after about two days. That's not laziness, that's burning out - or, questioning whether this is all worth it or yelling "NO!" and refusing to do any more.

You do NOT want that ever.

In Year 11, do minimal study. You're not being tested on it, except for maths, so use the time to figure out what study techniques suit you best.
I am quite convinced that 12 hours of study per day will tire you out, espcially if you haven't established your own study patterns yet and you're jumping the gun. However I doubt that's what OP is intending to do, and I do stand by the fact that there is no such thing as 'burning out'.

Take studying one step at a time. When you start off, start with 1-2 hours per night, and slowly increase that as you get used to the study period. There will be times where you feel like you're just going to go nuts, but we all experience that haha. When you are studying for longer periods of time (2hours +), do take breaks. Remember to pace yourself, and maintain a balanced lifestyle. :D

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Tiring out is possibly the same as burning out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)