• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Your gf has a "guy best friend"... wake up... (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
you cant always just say live with it and thats it. sometimes it makes you feel uncomfy if they're too close.
i guess thats the reason for dating people you 110% trust.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
if it makes u feel uncomfortable then u should talk 2 em about it. thats the whole point of having a relationship with a person - u are supposed to be able to talk 2 them about anything

King Tut

HSC
N/A
Yes you should be able to talk to them about anything however not all problems should be approached in the same manner. If this is a touchy topic for either partner, don't try and ignore it and pretend it will go away because it won't. Say your side of the story but also listen to your partners. It has to be a mutual understanding.

RocketMan

HSC
N/A
Maybe he was just better than you.
If you break up with her, shes bound to get another boyfriend, he was the closest thing.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
King Tut said:
Say your side of the story but also listen to your partners. It has to be a mutual understanding.
total agreement with you there, your highness

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
wickid said:
I had a gf that had a "best friend". We were going out 4 bout 16 months n d last 6 months of it was wen it really sparked up! Actually, it started with them wanting to go to the movies together (alone) wanting to see a scary movie "as friends".....hmmmmm....yeh right. Anyway, cutting down a really long and juicy story, i ended up breaking up with her and a month later, she was going out with the "best friend".

That's just my experience although afterwards i was told there's no such thing as your gf having a best friend, which couldve been useful before the relationship but eh, now i've learnt, NO SUCH THING!

I've pretty much made up my mind but still open for discusison..... is ther such a thing? i say guys, if ur gf has a male "best friend" wake up!
People that i know whom are going out still have "guy best friends". you have to remember that they had establish long friendships beforehand and just because they like to spend a lot of time with each other and have nice close chat, doesn't mean that they actually like each other.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
lol maybe he's just the rebound guy since you broke up with her......but i agree with you that you have every right to be a bit suspicious if they go out together and call each other up all the time, but you should have been able to confront her about it and talked it through with her , thats what a relationship is about.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Simple ladder theory and When Harry Met Sally, a guy wants to have sex with all his female friends, but the good ones don't because it'll screw up the friendship ? :|

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
MiuMiu said:
Your boyfriend/girlfriend should be your best friend of the opposite sex.
AGREED. ohh why can't people know this? its so true!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Shell said:
AGREED. ohh why can't people know this? its so true!
your partner CAN be your best friend of the opposite sex. But you can have more than 1 "best friends".

That sounds childish, but for want of a few better words, I have 3 VERY close friends. They're all equal. I don't like one more than the other. lol

Shipwreck

HSC
seriously kids, you guys didnt work out, why do you have to justify it by foul play on her best friends behalf or say she was in the wrong, 16 months is a fair effort. If she was taken off you that easily dont you think it is pretty clear you were never going to get married and have thousands of babies??? And by saying 'maybe i gave her too much freedom' you freak! Find a girl who will let you put her on a leash and i will be very suprised! what the @#$# are you serious?? too much freedom! that really shits me! you broke up, it sucks- but move on, evidently she has!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
everyone will have or at least know of at least a couple of people who have really close friends of the opposite sex. generally they've had the friendship for longer than they've had the partner, therefore in many cases it's a "he's like my brother, i could never go out with him!" sort of situation...but some partners are just plain unlucky

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
girls can have best friends that are guys.
depends on how long they were best friends before you hooked up.
and it also makes it more plausible if hes gay.
gay guy friends are fun and dont complain cause it stops your lady friend whining on you cause she goes to him for all her problems.
unless you want her to go to you for all her problems. which makes you weak and you probably have no sex drive.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Look, I'm sure there are many guys out there who have best friends who are female.

Of that, I'm almost certain there's a subset where they guy would never "hit that".

King Tut

HSC
N/A
Shipwreck said:
seriously kids, you guys didnt work out, why do you have to justify it by foul play on her best friends behalf or say she was in the wrong, 16 months is a fair effort. If she was taken off you that easily dont you think it is pretty clear you were never going to get married and have thousands of babies??? And by saying 'maybe i gave her too much freedom' you freak! Find a girl who will let you put her on a leash and i will be very suprised! what the @#$# are you serious?? too much freedom! that really shits me! you broke up, it sucks- but move on, evidently she has!
lol it's great how every1 gets workd up ova this.....easy entertainment!

Qlimax

HSC
Defend all that shit all you want...
boooo.. i reckon it is..
seriously... what kind of bs is this guy or girl best friend...
seriously.... they will end up going.. let's have sex to compare if your bf is better than me or some shit like that..
LOL.
fk it...
i'd smack my gf if she had a GUY best friend or some shit

Qlimax

HSC
aj_number_10 said:
bros b4 hoes
fk oaf..
i've learnt that the hard way..
i have both gf and very good mates
but my mates will always be there for me
but my gf might leave me one day
so yeah..
my gf must understand that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)