• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ask a S.P.R.O.U.T. (2 Viewers)

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
OH, so THAT'S what you are. I'm interested in UTS science but none of you are looking in the Science forum. Will one of you go there and answer my thread?

jase will

fobs are smart!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yay I got an answer! :D

Fobs are cool, someone should make a cartoon about them. Not the Macq one though, a comic about UTS fobs.

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
but the worst thing about the fobs? how they rule all the programming courses with an iron fist... but yeah, fobs are pretty cool to laugh at.. esp when they all get in a group, but because a couple are chinese, a couple are jap and the rest are from some other asian country, they have to communicate in english - thats when the real comedy begins.

and where the hell did will get a pic of john?!?!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by Nightshade
but the worst thing about the fobs? how they rule all the programming courses with an iron fist... but yeah, fobs are pretty cool to laugh at.. esp when they all get in a group, but because a couple are chinese, a couple are jap and the rest are from some other asian country, they have to communicate in english - thats when the real comedy begins.

and where the hell did will get a pic of john?!?!
mate, you know who comes to mind... TERRY!!! DIE!!!

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
DIE TERRY!!!!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

and also robert john howard... no one likes a geek, especially a smartass geek (shock, yes they do exist)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There is nothing "Important" about this thread, unless you guys are going to ask something useful! :p

Dingo

Banned
coz uts is in the city
and uws is in the west
but for lazy cunts like me.. i prefer uws over uts because i live 10 minute walk from parra campus. keeping in mind my uai is 92.

peace^^

Dingo

Banned
Lexicographer: i just told you, because UTS is geographically located in the City, which is a popular arena, because students have access to anything they want pretty much, such as shopping centres, and more chicks etc.

peace^^

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I took your response as light-hearted and thoughtless, and apologise.

What I'm searching for lies more in the field of academia, such as standard of instruction, quality of facilities et cetera. I'm also interested in hearing about the varying fees, student associations and clubs et cetera.

So...SPROUTS?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It depends what course you want to do. UTS is good for some courses, not so good for other courses, and don't offer some courses at all.

UTS is known for its Info Tech courses, and pretty much have the highest employment rate statistics at the moment. They are also quite good at Engineering and Science, and they have a very good Business course. They are currently renewing the Science building, due to be finished by mid-2005, just like they did for the IT building 2 years ago.

The clubs at UTS are great. Since its located close to the city, there are more eateries located outside of the uni, rather than within the uni (such as at USyd). The fees are pretty much the same as you would pay at UWS (which is half of what you pay at USyd).

UWS pretty much offers a lot of courses over all their campuses at lower UAIs. I mean the UAI is lower because of a lower demand, that doesn't mean the uni isn't as good.

Most people say that employers would prefer UTS students over UWS students, but this is probably not the case as much nowadays. I'm sure UWS students have just as much of a chance.

I haven't experienced anything teaching wise at UWS, so I can't really compare anything else, but most people would prefer UTS over UWS. Mark (tactic) has experienced both UWS and UTS, so if he's around looking at this, then maybe he can say a few words.

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
i think different uni attracts different people.... academic contents would be similar...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Nightshade
and also robert john howard... no one likes a geek, especially a smartass geek (shock, yes they do exist)
ahahaha

JRasnier

Lol, im gonna be doing insearch this year, but it can be seen as the same as uts..., (dunno if im counted as a uts student or not), but lolz, i live in Blacktown which is much further away from the city then parramatta.....it really depends on what u see being limitations such as distance and time..., im going cause of academics, and of the i.t courses, and facilities they have there...which for meeh is way out weighing the distance factor...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)