• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Britain warned Iran on kidnapped troops (2 Viewers)

Bendent

HSC
YankeeChica said:
Because they are British. the lives of American. british or australians are naturally more precious than the lives of those in africa or asia. In Britain they value human life and they don't have capital punishment nor government kills its own people. In iran they do not value life and thousands of people are murdered and butchered by its own Government every year for a crime as little as wearing high heels, talking too much or having gay sex.

Some goodnews, US navy Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz group have departed San Diego today to join USS Eisenhower and USS John C Stennis to show US military might on iran :D perhaps to scare iran from trying to kidnap US soldiers.

I hope a war broke out somehow and US nuke Iranian nuclear installations and military targets plus i heard that the extreme heat of nuclear bomb can turn desert into a glass so we will soon have a great dance floor in the middle east :D
ok.

what goes around comes around but.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
tempco said:
Let's hope that this gesture doesn't lead to more border incursions by Coalition forces.
The Iranians gave them free SUITS.. damn.. i need to get over there.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
subjectiv said:
They have capital punishment in America. Does that mean they don't "value human life" either?
In America they execute only extremely violent people such as terrorist who killed 168 people and murderer even among murderer only the cruel ones are executed. In Iran they execute anyone they wish and they like becuse they don't value human life and it means nothing to them. People are killed like chicken in the poultry farm.

Now Iran released the hostage because it is scared of US military built up in the area. Yesterday USS Nimitz group left San Diego for the gulf to intimidate Iran and now the sailors are free :D. Thanks to good Ol USA as always ;) Iran have not got back its own Revolutionary Guards captured by American forces in Iraq. They hoped to exchange with their kidnapped british soldiers and they got nothing but more isolation and condemnation. Failed strategy, failed state, failed economy poor iranians I feel sorry for them.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
The iranian government are bunch of savages and thugs:

A television documentary team has pieced together details surrounding the case of a 16-year-old girl, executed two years ago in Iran.

On 15 August, 2004, Atefah Sahaaleh was hanged in a public square in the Iranian city of Neka.
Her death sentence was imposed for "crimes against chastity".
The state-run newspaper accused her of adultery and described her as 22 years old.
But she was not married - and she was just 16

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/5217424.stm
okaaaayy?? whats this got to do with the kidnapped troops?? .... back to topic please, and bear in mind, that this peice of crap doesnt support your weak argument.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
YankeeChica said:
In America they execute only extremely violent people such as terrorist who killed 168 people and murderer even among murderer only the cruel ones are executed. In Iran they execute anyone they wish and they like becuse they don't value human life and it means nothing to them. People are killed like chicken in the poultry farm.

Now Iran released the hostage because it is scared of US military built up in the area. Yesterday USS Nimitz group left San Diego for the gulf to intimidate Iran and now the sailors are free :D. Thanks to good Ol USA as always ;) Iran have not got back its own Revolutionary Guards captured by American forces in Iraq. They hoped to exchange with their kidnapped british soldiers and they got nothing but more isolation and condemnation. Failed strategy, failed state, failed economy poor iranians I feel sorry for them.
B.S !! you just blab, blab, blab and blab !!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
YankeeChica said:

LOL Aryan/// they released because they were of the JEWUSA.. only to continue to enrichment..

HSC
YankeeChica said:

But that's alright, isn't it? I mean, they are only Iranians- scarcely worth more than chickens to the western world, right?

Make up your mind Yank.

HSC
YankeeChica said:
Nothing but Bullshit and hot air.

How on earth do you know what the Iranians planned? How do you know that the US intimidated Iran? Do you honestly believe that it is an entire country of idiots? Do you think whoever made that descision to release the hostages really thought the US would invade Iran over 15 british soldiers? I sincerely doubt it. You are probably the only person in the world who believed that was going to happen.

If you paid attention to what actually happened, and not what you'd have liked to have happened, you would have noticed that Iran letting them go right now was a positive move for the country. It put them in a really good light and saved them from the accusations that they'd captured the sailors in Iraqi waters.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Nothing but Bullshit and hot air.

How on earth do you know what the Iranians planned? How do you know that the US intimidated Iran? Do you honestly believe that it is an entire country of idiots? Do you think whoever made that descision to release the hostages really thought the US would invade Iran over 15 british soldiers? I sincerely doubt it. You are probably the only person in the world who believed that was going to happen.

If you paid attention to what actually happened, and not what you'd have liked to have happened, you would have noticed that Iran letting them go right now was a positive move for the country. It put them in a really good light and saved them from the accusations that they'd captured the sailors in Iraqi waters.
on that note,

Bush apparently had nothing to do with release or negotiations.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
YankeeChica said:

I dont think you realise how much bloodshed it would cause if america attacked Iran. Iran has MUCH stronger defence forces than Iraq.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
But that's alright, isn't it? I mean, they are only Iranians- scarcely worth more than chickens to the western world, right?

Make up your mind Yank.
Yes they are worth nothing but a chicken in a poultry farmin the eyes of their Islamic rulers.

I knew it because I am extremely intelligent and have the unique ability to know the iranian intentions. I did not said US would invade Iran over 15 british soldiers, however I was proved correct on all counts that US would send more warships to intimidate iran, put pressure on Iran and Iran will seek a way to release the britsh hostage without humiliating themselves. Once again they humiliated themselves and appear as such a weakling country who is scared of three US Aircraft Carrier's mere presence and war games in the gulf. They (iranian) are simply hopeless in the situation, along with pressure from EU, UN, US, Iraq and appeals from arab countries it have no options but to release them.
Iran in good light lol! Forcing hostages to make forced and phoney confession and apologies just showed the world how desperate they really are. It will be interesting to hear the actual accounts of the hostages when investigations are completed by British Navy.

Velox said:
I dont think you realise how much bloodshed it would cause if america attacked Iran. Iran has MUCH stronger defence forces than Iraq.
But most iranians hate their own government and once they see US forces they'll simply surrender to them not to talk of fighting. They will thank them for invading their country. Each and every Iranian i know of in australia hates their government, and I saw so many documentaries on Iran how much Iranian youth want to get rid of their islamic government on SBS. It will be a cake walk for US forces.

Politik said:
You stupid fuck. Had you known anything about Iran, you would have realised that it is more likely that they were released because Ahmadinejad remembered that the EU was its biggest ally.
I know about Iran more than you ever will :D. EU was or is NOT Iran's biggest ally. retard, Iran have closer ties with Russia and China than it had wit EU. It was Russia and China who objected the use of strong language in condemning Iran at UN Security Council, it was Rusia and China who opposed sanction on Iran NOT EU, It was and is Russia and China the biggest foreign investors in Iran. Yes Iran is scared of angering EU because US sanctions banished Iran to 3rd world country, another EU sanctions will banished to the bottom of the world below war torn Congo.

Politik said:
Oh and in case you didn't know, Iran is a much more beautiful, educated, and prestigious nation than the US will ever be. Please go to en.wikipedia.org and type in 'Persia'.
Of course if you like desert sand dunes , iran will certainly be beautiful. But for Iranians, USA is the number one destination apparently USA is better than Iran. More educated, well if reading quran is considered education LOL. Tell me any scientific inventions by Iran and I will tell you a thousand inventions by the uneducated Americans the past centuries.

Persia was great 2500 years ago, not anymore. Wake UP we do not live in the past.

HSC
YankeeChica said:
Yes they are worth nothing but a chicken in a poultry farmin the eyes of their Islamic rulers.
However true that may be, you said that 15 British soldiers were worth more than a 10000000000 Iranian soldiers...which suggests, idiot, that you believe that they do not have an equal right to life, that they are not worth as much as Westeners. Must I explain your own arguments to you?

YankeeChica said:
I knew it because I am extremely intelligent and have the unique ability to know the iranian intentions. I did not said US would invade Iran over 15 british soldiers, however I was proved correct on all counts that US would send more warships to intimidate iran, put pressure on Iran and Iran will seek a way to release the britsh hostage without humiliating themselves. Once again they humiliated themselves and appear as such a weakling country who is scared of three US Aircraft Carrier's mere presence and war games in the gulf. They (iranian) are simply hopeless in the situation, along with pressure from EU, UN, US, Iraq and appeals from arab countries it have no options but to release them.

Iran in good light lol! Forcing hostages to make forced and phoney confession and apologies just showed the world how desperate they really are. It will be interesting to hear the actual accounts of the hostages when investigations are completed by British Navy.
Give me a source. Link me to one educated, neutral party who actually agrees with you. By this I mean, not the President of the We Hate Iran club, or another stupid American like yourself.

You don't know why Iran released those hostages! You are not special. Iran does not look to you for policy advice, nor does America.

Deal with it.

Actuallly, Iran's treatment of their hostages is very interesting, because you'll note that the captives weren't harmed, they were shown eating and drinking in the videos, and they were given nice new clothes and sent home.

Compare this to America's treatment of captives...

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
However true that may be, you said that 15 British soldiers were worth more than a 10000000000 Iranian soldiers...which suggests, idiot, that you believe that they do not have an equal right to life, that they are not worth as much as Westeners. Must I explain your own arguments to you?
They might have rights but to the eyse of the world the lives of British soldiers are worth more than anything else inside Iran. Simply because they do not value life while we in the western world does.

Give me a source. Link me to one educated, neutral party who actually agrees with you. By this I mean, not the President of the We Hate Iran club, or another stupid American like yourself.

You don't know why Iran released those hostages! You are not special. Iran does not look to you for policy advice, nor does America.

Deal with it.
Soon after they were kidnapped western intelligence people and expert guessed the motive behind the kidnapping which are 1. To divert attention from nuclear standoff and hide its domestic problems and to rally support for unpopular government2. To use them as an exchange to iranian soldiers captured by America . These were according to the experts and think tank quoted by SMH, the Australian and countless news agency. Read those newspapers regularly and watch BBC ands CNN then comeback and argue with me. If you want unbiased reliable source, read all SMH and The Australian issue from the day they were kidnapped and my points were repeated almost everyday during the past two weeks.
Actuallly, Iran's treatment of their hostages is very interesting, because you'll note that the captives weren't harmed, they were shown eating and drinking in the videos, and they were given nice new clothes and sent home.

Compare this to America's treatment of captives...
How many minutes of the treatment you've seen on TV 5 minutes footage of them sitting and eating does not explain how the rest of 20155 minutes were spent. In fact , the captives explained how they were put in solitary confinement, handcuffed, interrogated, blindfolded and threatened with lengthy jail term if they dont admit to confession pre-prepared by iran. The female's confession letters were written in wakward archaic english with words which will never be used by a normal British soldiers.

America might tread its captives badly, but Britain does not. Not to talk of parading hostages infront of TV camera and use them as propaganda tool. Those are the things Britian will never do.

By the way the soldiers already retracted all apoligies and statements they were forced to make while in Iran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6533069.stm

Released sailors tell of ordeal

Royal Navy personnel seized by Iran were blindfolded, bound and held in isolation during their 13 days in captivity, the crew have said.
They were lined up while weapons were cocked, making them "fear the worst", one of the 15 freed sailors revealed.
The crew were told that if they did not admit they were in Iranian waters when captured that they faced seven years in prison, a press conference heard.
Opposing their captors was "not an option," they said.
And after the 15 marines and sailors were seized they were subjected to random interrogation and rough handling, and faced constant psychological pressure, they said.
The navy has already begun a review of the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Royal Marine Captain Chris Air, 25, from Altrincham, Cheshire, said they had seconds to make a decision when confronted by the Iranians while carrying out a routine operation.
"We are aware that many people have questioned why we allowed ourselves to be taken in the first place and why we allowed ourselves to be shown by the Iranian authorities on television.
"Let me be absolutely clear, from the outset it was very apparent that fighting back was simply not an option".
"Had we chosen to do so then many of us would not be standing here today. Of that I have no doubts".
Had they resisted there would have been a fight they could not have won, he said.
"Fighting back would have caused a major international incident and an escalation of tension within the region," he said.
Iraqi waters
Two of the crew read out a prepared statement to the press conference at the Royal Marines Barracks at Chivenor, in north Devon.
Lieutenant Felix Carman, 26, of Swansea, south Wales, said the sailors and marines were on an operation on 23 March, 1.7 nautical miles from Iranian waters, when they were captured.
Cpt Chris Air said the crew had made it clear they were on a "routine operation allowed under a UN mandate" but the Iranians had a "planned intent."

"Some of the Iranian sailors were becoming deliberately aggressive and unstable."
Their boat was surrounded by six boats and rammed and they were trained with heavy machine guns and weapons.
The officer in charge Lt Carman said they were taken to a prison in Tehran where they were stripped and dressed in pyjamas.
They were kept in stone cells, sleeping on blankets and held in isolation until the last few nights and frequently interrogated.
Lt Carman said they were given two choices.
"If we admitted we had strayed, we would be on a plane back to the UK soon. If we didn't we faced up to seven years in prison".
The only woman in the group, Leading Seaman Faye Turney, believed for at least four days that she was the only one still being held.
"Like all of us she has been exploited," Cpt Air said.
Royal Marine Joe Tindell told how they feared for their lives in prison.
"We had a blindfold and plastic cuffs, hands behind our backs, heads against the wall. Basically there were weapons cocking. Someone, I'm not sure who, someone said, I quote 'lads, lads I think we're going to get executed'."
"After that comment someone was sick and as far as I was concerned he had just had his throat cut."
Lt Carman said they were only allowed to gather for a few hours together, in the full glare of Iranian media.
He said they only learned they were going to be released when they watched the Iranian president on TV.
"There was a huge moment of elation," he said. Iranian TV has said it expected some of the British sailors would come under pressure from the UK government when they returned home to change their story. The navy's review will look at the the circumstances surrounding the incident and the wider rules of engagement for UK forces operating in the area.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
politik said:
The Persians invented Algebra.

I win.
Is that all? Everything you use in your lifetime is probably invented by americans, from your jeans, your calculator, your computer and evrything inside it, your operating system, your electric bulb, your telephone etc. In deed those are nothing compared algebra which is NOT even invented by persian

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
YankeeChica said:
Is that all? Everything you use in your lifetime is probably invented by americans, from your jeans, your calculator, your computer and evrything inside it, your operating system, your electric bulb, your telephone etc. In deed those are nothing compared algebra which is NOT even invented by persian
You are a freak of epic proportions.

None of that would've happened if it weren't for mathematical advances made in other areas of the world hundreds of years before that.

Plus I find it funny that you say the US values human life when they're one of the few Western countries that still puts to use the death penalty.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
YankeeChica said:
They might have rights but to the eyse of the world the lives of British soldiers are worth more than anything else inside Iran. Simply because they do not value life while we in the western world does.

America might tread its captives badly, but Britain does not. Not to talk of parading hostages infront of TV camera and use them as propaganda tool. Those are the things Britian will never do.

well at least they werent tortured to death. The americans and britians torture their captives both physically and verbally, and also bear in mind that the captives were returned home, with not a single sign of physical torture.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
YankeeChica said:
eyes of the world? what world?
haha, if anything people in third world countries value life more than living in a carefree society bounded by grandeur and luxury. a person plouging the soil and struggling to feed his/her family have far more brushes with death and pain, then us who live in arrogance and ignoracne and take all the luxuries around us for granted

YankeeChica said:
How many minutes of the treatment you've seen on TV 5 minutes footage of them sitting and eating does not explain how the rest of 20155 minutes were spent. In fact , the captives explained how they were put in solitary confinement, handcuffed, interrogated, blindfolded and threatened with lengthy jail term if they dont admit to confession pre-prepared by iran. The female's confession letters were written in wakward archaic english with words which will never be used by a normal British soldiers.
reminds me much of david hicks, actually ive never seen hicks eating or wearing a suit

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
onebytwo said:
eyes of the world? what world?
haha, if anything people in third world countries value life more than living in a carefree society bounded by grandeur and luxury. a person plouging the soil and struggling to feed his/her family have far more brushes with death and pain, then us who live in arrogance and ignoracne and take all the luxuries around us for granted
This world. No one give a damn about train or mosque bombing in india or pakistan or thousands of people executed by their own government in Iran while a single execution of an westerner makes headlines around the world. Hundreds of people are beheaded in Iraq, Aghanistan and Thailand but the only ones people talk about were the ones which involve westerners. Because we value life and they don't.

reminds me much of david hicks, actually ive never seen hicks eating or wearing a suit
Because US does not want captives to be filmed and used as propaganda tool and force them to confess like iranian government did to the British soldiers. Using female captives to forced confession probably Iranian style or should I say islamic style, unheard of in the west.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)