• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Britain warned Iran on kidnapped troops (3 Viewers)

banco55

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Yeah, thats true, if iran or any other country had the capabilites that the U.S das, they would create wonders.
How exactly do you think the US gets these "capabilities"? It's a bit of a chicken and the egg thing. The dreaded Israel is streets ahead of Iran in science and technology and they are far smaller so obviously it's not population.

Incidentally I guarantee you the Iranian researchers that have made their mark in the west will be the most westernized, secular Iranians around.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
YankeeChica said:
What is based on islamic inventions? They invented nothing except soap making and suicide bombing which the world can do without.
Americans invented fast food and obesity-related diseases. Which the world can do without. ;)

Last edited:

bored6

HSC
S1M0 said:
Americans invented fast food and obesity-related diseases. Which the world can do without. ;)
Fast food has been around longer then America has.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
How exactly do you think the US gets these "capabilities"? It's a bit of a chicken and the egg thing. The dreaded Israel is streets ahead of Iran in science and technology and they are far smaller so obviously it's not population.

Incidentally I guarantee you the Iranian researchers that have made their mark in the west will be the most westernized, secular Iranians around.
well israel is ahead of iran because....hmmm...lets see..Israel is fully supported by america, which provided it with manyequipment (not to mention weapons). Compared to Iran who have absoluetly no support from any such countries.

banco55

HSC
MaNiElla said:
well israel is ahead of iran because....hmmm...lets see..Israel is fully supported by america, which provided it with manyequipment (not to mention weapons). Compared to Iran who have absoluetly no support from any such countries.
LOL yeah you're right America is why Israel produces better scientists than Iran. America is also why the Jews in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan and south korea are streets ahead of Iran or any arab country with regards to technology.

Iran and the arab countries are like the dumb, underachieving kid at school who blames his poor marks on everyone but himself. No wonder they are so backward.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
Exphate said:
America is the reason Israel exists. :)
The same can be attributed to Britain.

1. The word you are looking for would be RETARDED and not RETARD. You'd know this if you had any prior knowledge of the English language. Fucking Americans :)
2. Europe is a CONTINENT and not a COUNTRY.
3. Lol. This is England v Iran, not USA v Iran.
1.At least I made my point clear.

2.Europe is used to refers to countries of Europe. Plus I do not have time to type the names of all countries of Europe. If you do not understand, then I suggest you take a look at Atlas.

3. Shows your retardedness. Politik&Ellenhillibilli compared USA and Iran and thats what I am replying. Next time read the previous post to get the gist before jumping to a particular post and embarrass yourself. :D

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Exphate said:
1. The word you are looking for would be RETARDED and not RETARD. You'd know this if you had any prior knowledge of the English language. Fucking Americans :)
It isn't english, its american. :)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Good on Iran!! The stockmarket nearly died and oil prices nearly became more expensive than my house. We need the boom to keep going or I'm not going to save enough money to buy my first Aston Martin.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
They might have rights but to the eyse of the world the lives of British soldiers are worth more than anything else inside Iran. Simply because they do not value life while we in the western world does.
YankeeChia, you can't seem to differientiate the people of Iran and its government. :/ They aren't the same thing. Your claims that British lives are worth more than Iranian lives based on their government's stance is invalid. That only proves, as said, the government's stance on the wellbeing of their people. It does not prove that one person's life from a certain country is worth less than someone else's life from another country.

The government of Iran isn't exactly elected, so it doesn't represent the people.

Is that all? Everything you use in your lifetime is probably invented by americans, from your jeans, your calculator, your computer and evrything inside it, your operating system, your electric bulb, your telephone etc. In deed those are nothing compared algebra which is NOT even invented by persian
Sorry, clothes were made thousands of years ago. The very first calculator was made in China. Great Britain had the first light bulb(although a very crap one but it set the precedent).

Many things were invented long ago. Not much new actually comes around these days, only adaptions of things made long ago.

Hundreds of people are beheaded in Iraq, Aghanistan and Thailand but the only ones people talk about were the ones which involve westerners. Because we value life and they don't.
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Obviously you are very ignorant of the way the media works. I'll let you figure out why the west only reports on things concerning the west unless something major happens elsewhere. Oh and, by "the world" you mean a minority?

Because US does not want captives to be filmed and used as propaganda tool and force them to confess like iranian government did to the British soldiers.
Start of the Iraq invasion, the media filmed lots of prisoners all sitting down behind barbed wire fencing. :)

Terrorists deserve to be tortured and killed but british soldeirs are not terrorists, they were merely doing their duty in the interest of Iraqi people by inspecting ships in the gulf.
Those people in the prison were suspects. There is a key difference between suspects and proven criminals. Perhaps you should understand a bit about the world outside your house before you spout crap. :)

Also, saying terrorists deserve to be tortured and killed makes us as bad as them. I refuse to sink to extremist levels such as you are suggesting.

Thomas Alva Edison, an American Scientist and Inventor invented more (and useful) things than the whole of Islamic World combined for the past 3000 years.
Of course new inventions are more useful than 3000 year old inventions. That's kind of a given.

A brit, American or any westerner held hostage is a news and headlines not only in the west but also in the mid east, an iraqi, iranian or saudi held hostage is NOT.
Oh amazing, news networks that talk about the rest of the world!

They invented nothing except soap making and suicide bombing which the world can do without.
Oh I see, in the entire history of Persia, they made soap and suicide-bombing. Uh huh.

I watched the film 300 yesterday and I think it can be compared with today's situation. 300 US soldiers probably can defeat 1-2 million strong iranian army.
And also proof you are not very intelligent in matters of the military affair. Geez, this is an awfully long list of things you are ignorant of yet argue about. The average American soldiers are NOT Spartans of our day. Sorry to burst your bubble.

look at todays middle east.
It's just their turn to enter the dark ages, just like the West once was. ;)

I find it difficult to believe that if islamic society was so scientifically advanced and contributive, the current islamic world would be such a poverty and conflict ridden third world toilet./
I find it easy to believe that from the shithole poverty stricken toilet that was Europe, a reformation occurred and now they are technological leaders.

I'm not saying iranians or persians are inherently retard . They are the same people as everywhere else and given the opportunity and with conducive environment they can be successful scientists and that opportunity exist only in western countries such as USA and Europe.
But Iranians are worth 100,000,000 times less than a Western person (your words, not mine).

the Jews in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan and south korea are streets ahead of Iran or any arab country with regards to technology.
I don't understand your point there. How do Jews have anything to do with technology in those listed Asian nations/territories?

Iran and the arab countries are like the dumb, underachieving kid at school who blames his poor marks on everyone but himself. No wonder they are so backward.
Once religion takes over absolutely, things seem to turn to shit. Refer to history.

Europe is used to refers to countries of Europe. Plus I do not have time to type the names of all countries of Europe. If you do not understand, then I suggest you take a look at Atlas.
Eastern Europe ain't that fancy. ;)

---

Also, lol @ the news article typo.

Atilla89

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Besides the fact that during the 90's Russia and Iran became best buddies and buy and sell weapons off each other?

Oh and BTW Israel is exporting heaps of military and civilian technology back to America, but then again you don't seem to understand the word 'allies'.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Protesters torch Iran gas stations
POSTED: 1:37 p.m. EDT, June 27, 2007
Story Highlights
• Gas stations torched in Tehran as angry Iranians protes fuel rationing
• Many Iranians forced to line up to fill their tanks
• Iran one of world's major crude oil exporters but lacks capacity to refine fuel

From CNN's Shirzad Bozorgmehr
Adjust font size:
TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- The Iranian government's last-minute decision to ration monthly fuel allotments, as well as increase the price of gas, triggered protests and riots -- a rarity in the Islamic republic -- according to Iranian media reports.

The oil ministry issued a statement at 9 p.m. Tuesday that the restrictions would go into effect at midnight.

That prompted hundreds of thousands of car owners to line up for miles at gas stations late Tuesday and early Wednesday. Others took to the street in protest, burning at least 12 gas stations in Tehran and looting other businesses, according to Fars News Agency.

Under the order, most Iranians will be limited to about 26 U.S. gallons (100 liters) per month. The ministry also announced the price would be raised by more than 20 percent to 11 cents per liter (about 42 cents a gallon).

The riots took place across Iran's major cities, including the holy city of Mashhad and Arak, where Iran's heavy water plant is located, according to Iran's official news agency, IRNA.

The riots were so intense that fire engines could not reach the burning gas stations, Fars reported, adding that the security forces and the Basij militia were trying to get the situation under control until 2 a.m. Wednesday.

Video showed streets jammed with cars waiting for gas. Some drivers returned to their cars with plastic cans, even a ceramic pitcher, filled with gasoline.

Fuel consumption has increased in recent years in Iran, which imports $4 billion worth of gas each year. Although it is the fourth largest crude oil producer in the world, Iran lacks the capacity to refine all of its petroleum into gasoline for consumption.

Iran's government has considered imposing gas rations in the past, but the measures have been postponed amid debate. It has also debated how to increase gas prices so they are more in line with market value.

Iran is tightening its belt as the United Nations considers imposing additional economic sanctions on the Islamic republic for its failure to comply with U.N. demands to halt its uranium enrichment program. In addition, U.S. lawmakers are considering the Iran Counter-Proliferation Act of 2007 which calls for an end to foreign investment in Iran's energy sector.

"We must reduce our vulnerability in foreign relations in order to safeguard our political independence by resolving our traffic problems," parliament speaker Gholamali Haddad-Adel said.

Haddad-Adel, who is considered to be close to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, also said the measure was an attempt to combat gas smuggling out of Iran.

Hundreds of thousands of liters of cheap and subsidized gasoline is smuggled out of Iran to other Persian Gulf countries as well as to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq , Turkey and Azerbaijan, costing Iran hundreds of millions of dollars each year.

Iran's parliament Wednesday rejected an emergency measure that would have postponed the order to impose rations and increase prices, Fars reported. Parliament is scheduled to take its summer recess after Wednesday's session, but it could reconvene to deal with the situation.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/27/iran.fuel/

Iran is feeling the heat of UN Sanction ;). A country which export millions of barrels of oil a day yet it cannot even produce enough petrol for its own use.

banco55

HSC
I was reading that the reason they don't have enough refinery capacity is because the leaders get too many oppurtunities to skim off the top of imported petrol to give it up. LOL at that corrupt shithole.

Meanwhile their moronic president has pushed inflation through the roolf with his idiotic economic policies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)