• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Christmas displays (1 Viewer)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i think the city should be divided into themes............so you're walking down george st and you go from being in 'christmas' to hannukah to ramadhan to kwanzaa etc. that'd be cool.

ZabZu

HSC
biggles04 said:
Are you badmouthing me, my son?
hehe

yeh i also like the theme of portraying the different holidays from various religions as it can also show how similar they are. E.g. On both Christmas and Hannukah people get presents, etc.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
we've become to politically correct... lets have many a santa around the streets and have carols sung by primary school children

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I pity those primary school children who are expected to sing stupid religious songs praising false gods.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Phanatical said:
I pity those primary school children who are expected to sing stupid religious songs praising false gods.
what r u talking about??

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Those primary school children who are forced to sing stupid christian songs glorifying shit like "jesus christ our saviour" and "glory to god in the highest" and "santa claus is coming to town". It's Propaganda at best, and in my opinion is downright Brainwashing.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Phanatical said:
Those primary school children who are forced to sing stupid christian songs glorifying shit like "jesus christ our saviour" and "glory to god in the highest" and "santa claus is coming to town". It's Propaganda at best, and in my opinion is downright Brainwashing.
im pretty sure they only sing those kind of carols 'jesus christ our saviour" etc in catholic or christian schools as that is their belief!!! 'glory to god in the highest; is a psalm u idiot and sung at chuch week in and week out!!! i dnt see why kids cant sing carols about santa at a government primary school without any connection to religion....

the catholic school where i went to stopped religious carols becasue one students family who isn't catholic complained... political correctness!! they should have told the family to stick it as they arn't catholic.....

the majority of the country is christian with most roman catholic so why should they stop singing carols....

r u by any chance (phanatical) a religion different than christian???

= Jennifer =

HSC
did anyone else see in the daily telegraph about the blow up dolls in the shoe shop in pitt street and when the sales person was asked why didnt u use manaquins he said i couldnt find any....what is up with this

dave_119

Banned
HSC
this person has a kinky fetish with blow up dolls, that he needs to work with them

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He should save his breath...he needs it to blow up his date.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I went to Greystanes Public School, just as the OC classes were introduced. We had a School Prayer and a School Pledge we were all expected to learn and recite at assemblies. First I would recite it mockingly, earning me disciplinary action. Then I refused to recite it at all. The discipline would have been worse, if it weren't for the fact that I was the only person there who could play the fucking national anthem and the fucking school song on the piano for assemblies.

For the record, I am most definitely NOT religious.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
I was the only person there who could play the fucking national anthem and the fucking school song on the piano for assemblies.
I was once asked to play our national anthem at a valedictory assembly, I played The Star Spangled Banner and everyone gave a standing ovation.
...I wish... :rolleyes:

jameseginton

HSC
Really, quit your complaining, ur not even paying for school. Shit, u should realise that most people in this country are christian, well i hope they still are anyway, and that some concessions have to be made to tradition. If i were in the Indonesia or Middle East im sure i would be forced to respect the wishes of their religion. Why cant we have christmas parades and lighting in the city, it is a democracy and the majority rules. Visit the ninemsn website and look at their poll if u believe i am wrong. Most people in this country love christmas and it does not stop others from celebrating their own religion. Lets get serious i have heard many who have quoted that Clover Moore is the worse thing that has happened to the city of Sydney. maybe she should have hired someone to do the decorations instead of blowing a lot of money with little to show for it. Obviopusly this is the case otherwise no one would have complained about the lack of aesthetics in regards to the christmas decorations.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I believe if the City of Sydney spends $1 on christmas decorations, it's $1 too much.

jameseginton

HSC
You sad person. Have you never seen the happiness on a little childs face during christmas. Were u deprived as a little kid or u just depressed child likely to end up as drop kick

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
jameseginton said:
You sad person. Have you never seen the happiness on a little childs face during christmas. Were u deprived as a little kid or u just depressed child likely to end up as drop kick
likely too..........? is he already there do you think?

christmas is not the same without decorations. for some people this makes christmas better but it definately gives a good atmosphere. i think there is too much spent on decorations and the money could be used better or more economically on decorations like perhaps reusing things year after year which are still intact etc or having things fixed if that is cheaper.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
jameseginton said:
it is a democracy and the majority rules.
I am suprised you believe that. The Senate is clearly one example, six senators from each state, now Tasmania does not have a large a population but they still have the same power to veto as New South Wales. Clearly that is not an example of majority rules.

Not only that the House of Representatives is not an example of democracy. If we have three electorates with party A and party B, now 1 electorate elects a party A candidate by 95% and party B gets the other 2 with 55%. Now party B takes government even though it had less voters.

Australia is not a democracy but a model of a democracy with the view of social stability in mind.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If people want to celebrate christmas, let them. Pay for your own damn decorations, but don't expect the taxpayer to fund it. Christmas is an annual exercise in propaganda, and I for one would be pleased to see it removed from our society, because every time that little kid gets a smile on his or her face, they are being brainwashed into a false religion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)