• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Christmas displays (2 Viewers)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The Melbourne Cup I think would have a greater economic bonus then cost, getting people to spend etc.

Now while Christmas does the same it is forcing religion upon us and public christmas displays don't really encourage greater spending in the stores.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Komaticom said:
I hate Christmas music.
I hate it almost as much as I hate Australian Idol. And like Australian Idol, it's impossible to avoid. It's a plague on society!

jameseginton

HSC
You do realise the added injection in the economy during Christmas. It is the biggest period of retail spending for the year. To reduce this would reduce growth. There are economic benefits of Christmas.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
If people want to celebrate christmas, let them. Pay for your own damn decorations, but don't expect the taxpayer to fund it. Christmas is an annual exercise in propaganda, and I for one would be pleased to see it removed from our society, because every time that little kid gets a smile on his or her face, they are being brainwashed into a false religion!
Oh come on! There's nothing wrong with a bit of cheer this time of year. Christmas for me is NOT ABOUT JESUS CHRIST. I celebrate Christmas as a time of giving and festivity.

ZabZu

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Oh come on! There's nothing wrong with a bit of cheer this time of year. Christmas for me is NOT ABOUT JESUS CHRIST. I celebrate Christmas as a time of giving and festivity.
Christmas should be about Jesus. Its amazing how Christmas has gone from a holiday celebrating Jesus' birth to a day where people get presents. The meaning of the holiday is gone.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
ZabZu said:
Christmas should be about Jesus. Its amazing how Christmas has gone from a holiday celebrating Jesus' birth to a day where people get presents. The meaning of the holiday is gone.
In which case the state should not be publicly funding celebrations of it. They already give enough breaks to churches.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
ZabZu said:
How dare you enflict your Jesus comments upon us. CHRISTMAS IS NOT ABOUT JESUS
it is about different things for different people as we have already agreed on in this thread

END OF STORY
+

Mumma

HSC
I don’t celebrate Christmas. The only thing I hate about Christmas are the seemingly endless amount of Christmas movies revolving around the 'Christmas spirit'. They all try to be 'inspirational' or something, and failing miserably one hundred percent of the time.

Christianity should be illegal.
Why.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
jameseginton said:
You do realise the added injection in the economy during Christmas. It is the biggest period of retail spending for the year. To reduce this would reduce growth. There are economic benefits of Christmas.
Yep ... thats the best thing about christmas ... the post christmas sales ... but the damn shops are going to be closed on boxing day :mad:

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Let me make this clear: I'm not Jesus.

An average person's birthday wouldn't be celebrated with the world, but then again Jesus isn't an average person. Your birthday is about you, as much as Christmas is about Jesus (originally). Nowadays it'll be more apt to call Christmas Presentmas or Economic Boomas or The Silly Season. That was a stupid sentence, but you should get the vibe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)