• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (3 Viewers)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
In the cow in clearly states that women are less than men and worth half.... 2 women are worth 1 man.
i explained that (though not too well ill admit). in situations that involve money for wills of wateva.............(as in this case) women tend to use their heart rather than their brain.............eg: my brother was a bastard my other brother lent him money and called only me as a witness........(btw u always need to witnesses for something to be taken seriously)..............if my first brother didnt pay him back and came running to me saying he cant afford to pay him back and plz plz plz begging me and all i am more likely to feel sorry for him and say that no i didnt sign this contract its a fake...............this obviously used to happen alot back in the days the koran was written........however in todays law......lawyers handle these things.

Edit. in this case,, men excel in the area of being able to always use their brains and not let their emotions get in the way of the correct decision

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
for a woman to accuse another woman of adultery, she needs 4 witnesses...
for a man to accuse his wife of adultery he needs 1 witness.
really.........i havent heard that. i dunno.........ill ask..........maybe women are really bitchy or something and could lie. where did u get that from so i can look it up?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Umm this is some Quran stuff

Men are protectors and maintainers of women, because Allâh has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in the husband's absence what Allâh orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you see ill*conduct,
admonish them, then refuse to share their beds, and finally
beat them (Quran 4:34)

"I dress up to my wife as she dresses up to me because Allah said 'And they have rights similar (to those of their husbands) over them to what is reasonable' "Ibn 3abbas (r.a.)

"... men are a step above women"(Q. 2:228)

"Women are your field, so enter into your field from where ever you wish." (Quran2:223)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
acually ive read that a man needs two men as witness or 4 women...again this has to do with the using ur emotions thing. i know if i saw a women sleeping with some other guy i probably wont say............this is cause the punishment of the women is to be stoned and i dont wanna see ppl stoned. however if she repents ur not allowed to stone her. its only if shes says she dosent repent and would evn do it again i she had the chance.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
24: The Light
4 And those who accuse honourable women but bring not four witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony - They indeed are evil-doers
oh ok it means ANYONE else needs 4 witnesses...

6 As for those who accuse their wives but have no witnesses except themselves; let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies, (swearing) by Allah that he is of those who speak the truth;

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
flipsyde said:
Umm this is some Quran stuff

Men are protectors and maintainers of women, because Allâh has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in the husband's absence what Allâh orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you see illªconduct,
admonish them, then refuse to share their beds, and finally
beat them (Quran 4:34)

"I dress up to my wife as she dresses up to me because Allah said 'And they have rights similar (to those of their husbands) over them to what is reasonable' "Ibn 3abbas (r.a.)

"... men are a step above women"(Q. 2:228)

"Women are your field, so enter into your field from where ever you wish." (Quran2:223)
where did u get that from............the first one is written all wrong.......the beating refers to adultery if they dont repent.

wats the second one.........there is nothing from the koran called ibn 3abbas.

third one i already explained.........a degree above women when it comes to marriage......after divorced a woman must wait 4 months to marry and man can marry immediatley.....he is a degree above her in being able to marry straight away while she cant (this has to do with pregnancy and stuff)

and the last one is wrong it actually says "your wives are tilth for u, so go into ur tilth when u like and do good beforehand for urselves and be careful of ur duty to allah and know that u will meet him and give good news to the believers".

this is about sex. u cant deny ur husband sex and he cant deny u.....although if u have a good enough reason "i cant be bothered" is good enough. then he shoudlnt push u but u cant deny him and he cant deny u just for the sake of denying. and when u do have sex be careful of ur duty to god......like dont do anything she dosent want to do and stuff like that.

btw where are u ppl getting these ill-quoted quotes from?......almost none of u are quoting properly

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
24: The Light

oh ok it means ANYONE else needs 4 witnesses...

adultery is a huge thing in Islam and in order for u to accuse soemone of adultery u need 4 witnesses..........or else if ur claim can not be validated then ur in big trouble.

Edit : however if the accusers repent then then should not be floged....as the line number 5 (the one between the two lines u have mentioned ) says

'except those who repent after this and act aright for surely allah is forgiving and merciful"

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
'allah is forgiving and merciful', but it also talks about how non-forgiving allah is... i'd like to weigh up how forgiving he is against how non-forgiving.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well constantly talking about how there will be no mercy for the disbelievers, etc etc...
if they choose to be disbelievers............if u have truely searched and believing in god dosent make sense to u then u wont be punished. however when the koran was written mohammad was suffering alot due to people who rejected him and the message he brought from god.........they didnt want islam, they wanted to destroy it and so they chose not to be believe...........mainly it is those ppl who god refers to...there are many of them today as well.....however no one can tell u wats in ur heart..........gods knows wats in ur heart and he knows whether u truly couldnt find truth in religion or whether u chose to ignore..........

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
but allah says that he has blinded some people, and that it is pointless to try to talk them into becomming believers because they simply will not...
which ppl.............wat chapter?...........does he say he blinded them or they were blinded due to their evilness

edit: often if u are really evil then u blind urself with ur own actions coz all u can see is wat u want to see and nothing else

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
he has blinded them.

The cow:

6 As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not.

7 Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
he has blinded them.
but underneath these two lines it describes who these people are

8. and there are some people who say we believe in allah and the last day and they are not at all believers.
9. they desire to deceive allah and those who believe and they decive only themselves and they do not perceive
there is a disease in thier hearts so allah added to thier disease and they shall have a painful chatisement becasue they lied

the two lines u reffered to are about those people who have made up their minds, no amount of proof evidence or anything else will make them turn to god.......they refuse him completely (so they refuse only for the sake of refusing) and when u turn ur back on god knowingly and on purpose god will turn his back on u and when god turns his back on u thats when u become blinded. it is only by the mercy of god that u have the choice to believe or not.............u can only "see" by gods grace however if u choose to disbelieve then u wont have this ability to 'see" and u will be blinded.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I can't believe in an omnipotent god because it's simply impossible, the only way i'd believe there is an omnipotent god is if that god gave me omniscience lol

Those two lines, 8,9 seem to be talking about people who say they believe in allah simply to not face his wrath, trying to trick him.

Allah is saying that he has sealed their hearing and their hearts, and there's no reason to bother telling them anything because they simply just won't believe.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I can't believe in an omnipotent god because it's simply impossible, the only way i'd believe there is an omnipotent god is if that god gave me omniscience lol

Those two lines, 8,9 seem to be talking about people who say they believe in allah simply to not face his wrath, trying to trick him.

Allah is saying that he has sealed their hearing and their hearts, and there's no reason to bother telling them anything because they simply just won't believe.
god didnt seal their hearts......................by him turning his back on them this seals their hearts....yes these people, the ones referred to in lines 8 and 9 r the worst kinds.......the ones who think they can trick god. god turns his back on such people.
i dunno how it works.........both my two brothers and i read the same stuff...i chose to believe and one of my brothers just couldnt. the other one is teetering on the edge........hmm.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Sikhism believes that people of different religions are equally capable of achieving salvation while still following their own religion.

From the quran (islam)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. Allah does not guide the wrongdoers." (5:49, Quran)

ok someone plz explain y this is so, i think that is a bit sad

"Mohammed is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (48:29, Quran)

"When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and pay the alms-tax, let them go their way. Allah is forgiving and merciful." (9:4, Quran)

ok then.....

"There is a garden, in which so many plants have grown. They bear the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam as their fruit. Consider this, O wise one, by which you may attain the state of Nirvaanaa. All around this garden are pools of poison, but within it is the Ambrosial Nectar, O Siblings of Destiny. There is only one gardener who tends it. He takes care of every leaf and branch. He brings all sorts of plants and plants them there. They all bear fruit - none is without fruit." (Guru Arjan Dev, Asa, pg. 385)

From the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (sikhism)

"The temple or the mosque are the same, the Hindu worship or the Musalman prayer are the same; all men are the same; it is through error they appear different. Deities, demons, Yakshas, heavenly singers, Musalmans and Hindus adopt the customary dress of their different countries. All men have the same eyes, the same ears, the same body, the same build, a compound of earth, air, fire, and water. Allah and Abhekh are the same, the Purans and the Quran are the same; they are all alike; it is the one God who created all. The Hindu God and the Muhammadan God are the same; let no man even by mistake suppose there is a difference." (Guru Gobind Singh, Akal Ustat, pg. 275)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)