• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

eco's half yearly (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
mmm i completed mine today worth 20%... it was
- 20 multiple choice( bloody hard)
- 1 short answer - 10 marks
- 2 essays, one on exchange rates and one on globalisation

didnt go too bad, but the multiple choice was a shocker

how everyone else go???

Pixydust*

hey i did economics like last friday...pretty good.
- 20 multiple choice
- 2 short answers
- two extended response, you had a choice from two from each one i did the balance of payments and the impact of globalisation on Australia

hmmm yeh i reckon i did k but i crapped on a little for the one about the balance of payments - something about the recent problems witth the CAD caused by an underlying structural problem in our economy regarding investment and savings... (made sense at the time lol). hope you did well :)

roadcone

HSC
I did mine yesterday:
* 20 Multiple Choice
* 4 Short Answer Sections (each worth 10 marks) --> one was on exchange rates, another on unemployment, another on trading blocs and the last one was on ??
* 2 essays --> one was one BOP, specifically the role of CAD in the Aust eco. The other was on the nature of the global economy and the impact globalisation has had on the development of an economy other than Australia

It wasn't too bad I guess, I think I did ok.. just not as good as I probably wanted to go

know_it_all

i did myne 2day
20 mc
3 short answers
^^ all from past hsc n trials papers
1 extended response
"examine the issues associated with aus' present current account performance and explain the howf changes in the exchange rate impact of the bop"
20%

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Hey,
I've got mine tomorow
20MC - Everything I guess
2 Short Asnwer - 10Marks each
1 Essay - 20 Marks (Choice)

1hr 30min exam

Anyone know what kind of questions they asked in the short asnwer?

monique66

hehe...we didn't have a proper half yearly for eco cause we just finished our 3rd assessment so far. The exam only went for 50 mins and it was a single essay :eek: i hope i went well *crosses fingers*

azza_3761

HSC
i have a non-assessable exam on thursday
20 m/c, 4 - 10 mark questions and 2 exam question
but i can remember anything lol :)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Yea i just done my half yearlies
10 multiple choice
cant remember 2 or 3 short answers
1 extended response refering to the stimulus question. there was two but i picked the one about exchange rates. Also 1 extended response about impact on globalistion on any other country but AusT. about economic development n environment.

Mandy101

HSC
I had my half yearly a few weeks ago:
10 multiple choice (got 9/10)
40 marks worth of short answers (36/40)
20 marks for China essay (19/20)

I didn't think that I was going to go that well, but I came first in the grade with 55/60 :)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
i got my stuff back today:

84% - 3rd out of 12

is that bad? i should be happy about it but im not.. whats wrong with me?

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Economics Exam was on Wednesday
Worth 20% of Final Assessment Mark
20 Mutliple Choice
3 Short Answer - BOP, free trade and protection, exchange rates.
1 Long Response - your choice from three questions. I chose unemployment.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Man, my half yearly eco test was pathetic. We had 1 hour to do 20 multiple choice and just 2 damn short answer parts. No essay no nothing. And they were freaking so easy, everyone's going to get around the same, and so if you make a silly mistake, you're completly screwed. -__-.

Will Hunting

HSC
Ours was pretty fierce. 20 MC; 4 Short Answer (each about 2 pages long); and 2 essays all bundled into 2 hrs. I pretty much had to sacrifice all elegance and fire up with scribble just to get everything done. I'm pretty stoked about it though. Looking forward to finding out results. :)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
wtf! i i had the same as you except minus 3 short answer. thats crazy.... how the hell did u finish the essays?? also how many pages did u write for the essays

Will Hunting

HSC
Yeah, it was psycho. I felt like if I didn't wrap the MC up in 5-10 mins I wouldn't have even had a shot at finishing. I wrote just less than three pages per essay, pretty modest, but, yeah, with the time, who could blame me?

HSC
I had

MC : 20 marks
SA : 20 marks
Essays (2) : 40 marks

It was our last exam until we had holidays, and all the other exams that were on went for 1.5 hours, and us poor economics students had to stay for another half hour.

Our Q's were

What is the global economiy? How has globalisation affected trade + financial flows? Describe the roles of international organisations in promoting globalisation,

and

What are the causes of Australia's CAD? Discuss foreign liabilities relation to CAD and comment on how the global economy can affect the domestic CAD.

I was happy because the essay questions weren't hard. But there was too much to be said, and I think I may have written so fast that the essays will be illegible :(

HayleeKate

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Ours was pretty fierce. 20 MC; 4 Short Answer (each about 2 pages long); and 2 essays all bundled into 2 hrs. I pretty much had to sacrifice all elegance and fire up with scribble just to get everything done. I'm pretty stoked about it though. Looking forward to finding out results. :)
mine was the same minus one essay, plus one extra short answer.
I ended up with 1 hour 10 minutes to do my essay, and ended up writing a bit over 8 pages, so i guess my teacher will be expecting a lot higher quality essay than you're expected for your 2. i almost wish i had another one, to spread the excellent from the average students, but maybe since the little things arre going to mean the diference in marks because of the higher quality expected that'll happen anyway.

Will Hunting

HSC
HayleeKate said:
i guess my teacher will be expecting a lot higher quality essay than you're expected for your 2
That'd better be the case, otherwise I'm having my Eco teacher indicted for slave driving and severe malpractice! Still, it doesn't sound like you guys got it too smooth either so it's great that you ended up making such great coverage of the paper (over an hour on an Eco essay - ecstatic stuff!). Good luck with your result. Was your essay preparable, by the way? Neither of mine were, so don't be surprised if you see an Economic teacher from the Northern Rivers on the next obituary column...

HayleeKate

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Was your essay preparable, by the way? Neither of mine were
I may have been preparable, I did try to prepare it, I was a case study essay, something like, Explain the result of globalisation on a country other than australia and the affect on ecnomic growth and developemnt with reference to government policies' HOWEVER, it trying to prepare my essay, over lengthy phone calls with my teacher, she told me not to worry about studying government policies, i wouldnt need them in this exam and i should just look at things like changes is standard of living. SO, I did prepare an essay, shame I didnt prepare nor study a single refernce to a government policy. Half way through the exam my teacher walked over and sai to me "sorry, my bad, forgot that was the question I set!"

Will Hunting

HSC
Ooohh, devastated! You got screwed over! On the bright side, though, your teacher's sure to take into account his own failure to disclose the correct information when marking your paper, and should, on his own conscience, turn a blind eye on any govenment policy slip ups (although, I think you'll be cool either way, Hayley. Don't stress ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)