• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essential DS games (2 Viewers)

hero.

HSC
N/A
lacklustre said:
Even though it's shit, i'm pretty sure out of all the shitty tennis games on the ds it is the best. (unless anyone knows a better one)..
Prince of Tennis? lol
You can do specials like Boomerang snake. Balls curves out of the court and then back in.

hero.

HSC
N/A
I just followed the guide in Gamefaqs. For Crystal Drive, you could easily trial and error your way but when it came to buying and feeding the foods, the translation guide was there.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
hero. said:
I just followed the guide in Gamefaqs. For Crystal Drive, you could easily trial and error your way but when it came to buying and feeding the foods, the translation guide was there.
Yeah, I had the controls sorted out but had no idea what the hell it was I was doing with the foods. Would have been a good idea to check the guide but I always forgot to do so.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
There was srsly some fucked up routines though.

On a similar note, my favorite recipe was the "Ramen noodles". Add water -> finish.

lacklustre

HSC
anyone know some good puzzles games for the ds? (like professor layton and the curious village).

I'm going through a puzzle phase now. (btw i already tried brain training)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
professor layton was unique, nothing is like it

However, in terms of puzzle-y things, Picross is a load of fun, I also had a lot of fun with Puzzle Quest, even though I've never been into bejeweled (I used a really hax way of playing it though).

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Anybody had a go at The World Ends With You? It looks like an interesting departure from the usual RPG formula of swords and dragons.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
playing it now. Seems average too me. too much talking not enough killing. And the combat system seems average so far, just dragging stylus around.

And its all asiany

lacklustre

HSC
runtlocks said:
not really puzzle but good thinking game: phoenix wright
Thanks man.

Just downloaded it and it's great (pretty funny too).

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
blakegman said:
playing it now. Seems average too me. too much talking not enough killing. And the combat system seems average so far, just dragging stylus around.

And its all asiany
It's very asiany. I quite like the animation style and music. The combat system is interesting-ish (I'm assuming it gets a bit trickier once you have more than one badge to muck around with). I agree on the too much talking point.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
TWEWY is great fun, but it's a bit hard to fight with both characters at once...

.deimonic

HSC
666_blessings said:
It's very asiany. I quite like the animation style and music. The combat system is interesting-ish (I'm assuming it gets a bit trickier once you have more than one badge to muck around with). I agree on the too much talking point.
Indeed though it takes a bit of getting used to since it's quite unique in the combat system. Btw- The main char is like an angsty version of Sora, they look so alike.

withoutaface said:
TWEWY is great fun, but it's a bit hard to fight with both characters at once...
Yeah me too, I'm not multi- enough to play both chars at once D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)