• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exam conditions (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
What can/can't we bring into exams?

And what are you bringing?

I asked the Presiding Officer if I could bring in a cushion for my delicate ass, and she laughed and said yes.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You can bring things that would make the exam less comfortable (eg cushion, tissues, water) as long as it's within reason. Our timetable notice has all the information on the back page.

Oh, with the tissues...once they checked a box of tissues for cheat sheets. Nothing is beyond them when it comes to security...

coroneos

u can bring in a Chupa Chup

as long as it doesnt have notes wrapped inside it though

timmii

sporadic attendee
Hehehe I remember last year we had all these plans for what to bring in with us. People had tissues, lollies, water etc etc...Realistically though, for the essay exams (english/history) none of us had a *chance* to pause for water etc...ahh it was a nice idea though! :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
We were told no food or water, unless you had some sort of reason, like if you were diabetic or something. And if you did bring in water, you had to have it in a clear bottle with no label on it. (so you can't hide any notes on/in it).
But during the exams, even brought in water bottles (mostly with labels), and the supervisors didn't seem to notice or care. Our supervisors were so relaxed you could have gone in with a textbook and they probaly wouldn't have said anything.
But for the sake of everyone else, don't go in there with lollies and stuff, cos no one wants to listen to you eating when they're trying to work. If you MUST have gum, chew quietly!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Oh your also meant to have a clear pencil case...but our supervisors didn't notice people who didn't. It's helpful for you anyway though, cos it means you don't have to go shuffling around to find what your looking for (unless you were actually planning to bring notes in, in which case your shit out of luck :p)

What I find interesting/stupid is that for language subjects where you are allowed to bring in a dictionary, the supervisors apparently don't check the pages for notes. How easy!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You can bring in cheat sheets inside your pens.

Like make some small yet important notes and shove it inside the tubing on a non-transparent pen.

Works like wonders but I don't see the reason to cheat. It's not like that you have in those notes will be enough to answer questions throughout the whole course.

Only works in topic tests at school which i did from 7-10 :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
apparently you cant take anything in with you unless you have special provisions. apparently this year their going to give us water or something..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm taking water, tissues, cushion (if l can), and my mobile which will be on silent.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I wouldn't take the risk of bringing in a mobile.

it's your very last high school exam. I'm sure you can survive without a mobile for a while.

I'm gonna make sure I bring heaps of tissues.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
No, its easy enough to go and save dates, formulas etc in your msgs. Happened in our yearlys this year, but the guy still didnt pass even with it....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
No, its easy enough to go and save dates, formulas etc in your msgs. Happened in our yearlys this year, but the guy still didnt pass even with it....
l'm taking it in but having it turned off..happy? :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
l'm taking water, tissues, cushion (if l can), and my mobile which will be on silent.
well a friend of mine has a really bad back, she has special provisions and gets to take in a cushion, but it has to be a scrummy blow-up one so you cant stuff notes inside it or anything. but then everytime you move it makes a noise.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
l'm taking it in but having it turned off..happy? :)
no, your seriously not allowed to take them in, silent, off or otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)