• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exam conditions (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
well a friend of mine has a really bad back, she has special provisions and gets to take in a cushion, but it has to be a scrummy blow-up one so you cant stuff notes inside it or anything. but then everytime you move it makes a noise.
how embarassing! (about the noises)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
no, your seriously not allowed to take them in, silent, off or otherwise.
but tcan they take it out of my pocket? What if its a small one and you can't see its in my pocket?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Um....who exactly are you going to need to call in the middle of an exam anyway? what's the point of having it with you if it's turned off?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
What I find interesting/stupid is that for language subjects where you are allowed to bring in a dictionary, the supervisors apparently don't check the pages for notes. How easy!
Not true. They check dictionaries at every exam, sort of like RBT. If the dictionary is marked you can't take it into the exam hall. If it has bits of paper in it, they either make you take out the paper of cancel your attempt altogether (depending on the severity of the "breach").

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
but tcan they take it out of my pocket? What if its a small one and you can't see its in my pocket?
whats the point of having it in there? if you have a locker, put it in there, or in your car, or leave it at home or something. if they found out you had it they could probably cancel your 'attempt' at the exam. is it really worth the risk?
and besides, most exams are what? 3 hrs? surely you can go for 3hrs a day for a few days without it. if not, you have serious problems

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't take the risk of taking a fone in. If they even suspect you they will have no hesitation in voiding your paper. And like the others said, who are you going to need to call during the exam?

And regarding lollies and water, it is up to the officer presiding over your exam--by law the BoS cannot deprive you of food or water, but keep it within reason. There is nothing worse than sitting in a exam and being put off by someone next to you chewing (even though they probably aren't noticing it themselves) or rattling wrappers. If you take lollies in, stick to ones you can suck, and unwrap them befoe you get in there.

Winston

HSC
i seriously don't even think it's practically possible to cheat LOL...
not for maths, not for english, not for anything, each course has so many topics, you'll have to compress ur cheat notes pretty well lol.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I wouldn't take it in to call, l just liek to have it on me, so l know that I have it and no one else does. I don't have a car or a locker and l need to ring to get home after the exam.

HSC
our supervisers who do the hsc told us we arent allowed to bring in tissues - they provide them.

u can take in pillows, big snow jackets... whatever

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I wouldn't take it in to call, l just liek to have it on me, so l know that I have it and no one else does. I don't have a car or a locker and l need to ring to get home after the exam.
Ever heard of a public phone?

You seriously are not meant to have a phone-even if it is off, and you don't intend to use or touch it. You're not even supposed to have them in the exam room at all, switched off and left in your bag.
True-if it is in your pocket then probably no one will know, but the supervisors probably will not take to kindly if they do find it. Our year advisor told us that 2 years before our grade did the HSC, they did checks to see who had phones in their bags, and everyone who did was told to leave it on the ground outside the hall. They were told this just as the exam was about to begin, so they had the choice of either rushing off to a teacher/friend/locker and missing the first few minutes of the exam, or leaving it outiside in the open, so anyone could just walk by and take it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
i seriously don't even think it's practically possible to cheat LOL...
of course u can, kids in my skool cheat like crazy, i mean u shouldn've been there at the skool certificate, it was a joke...also another thing is that ppl, can hide notes in the toilet, and yeah and then u say that ur busting.

na seriously, in my skool the supervisers r old farts, who can't even c properly, let alone supervise. i heard from kids last year, the leading superviser actually fell a sleep in on of the exams.
:rofl:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Ever heard of a public phone?

You seriously are not meant to have a phone-even if it is off, and you don't intend to use or touch it. You're not even supposed to have them in the exam room at all, switched off and left in your bag.
True-if it is in your pocket then probably no one will know, but the supervisors probably will not take to kindly if they do find it. Our year advisor told us that 2 years before our grade did the HSC, they did checks to see who had phones in their bags, and everyone who did was told to leave it on the ground outside the hall. They were told this just as the exam was about to begin, so they had the choice of either rushing off to a teacher/friend/locker and missing the first few minutes of the exam, or leaving it outiside in the open, so anyone could just walk by and take it.
ever heard of a school being out in the middle of no where, with no public phones.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
we got told we couldnt bring in water bottles cos it could be filled with vodka, so we have the people watchin the exams walkin round with jugs and cups.. talk about service!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
LOL

Drinking alcohol during yur major exam.

hahahha. The person must of given up for sure.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
You can bring things that would make the exam less comfortable (eg cushion, tissues, water) as long as it's within reason. Our timetable notice has all the information on the back page.
less comfortable?? :confused: :)

Originally posted by Ragerunner
You can bring in cheat sheets inside your pens.

Like make some small yet important notes and shove it inside the tubing on a non-transparent pen.

Works like wonders but I don't see the reason to cheat. It's not like that you have in those notes will be enough to answer questions throughout the whole course.

Only works in topic tests at school which i did from 7-10 :D
ok what's the point? if they see u get 0 straight away, and it wastes time, take some time off here and learn the notes which u could have fit into the pen
l'm taking water, tissues, cushion (if l can), and my mobile which will be on silent.
don't bring the mobile, silent or not, it's automatic 0 if they see it, hand it into the front, i would not take the chance coz it's too risky

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
sarah_#1_eel, I really think you could survive for 3 hours without your phone. You can while you sleep; why not during an exam

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Its not that l would need to use it...its just that if it gets stloen or lost thats it, l'm not getting another one..l worked hard to get it, l had to earn it off my parents...iambored...thank you for that suggestion, l might take it to the front, thank you.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
we got told we couldnt bring in water bottles cos it could be filled with vodka
ummm, do they really think ppl are going to walk in with straight vodka? I think you'd notice if people were drinking straight vodka, there be an awful lot of coughing and vomiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)