• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

friend zone (1 Viewer)

HSC
Do guys have a friend zone? I've gotten the "just friends" response twice now and I'm starting to wonder is it an excuse or do guys genuinely have a friend zone?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Never heard of guys doing it, take your pants off and watch him change his mind. I've only gotten it once, prolly cos I showed no interest at the time. :/

iamsickofyear12

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Do guys have a friend zone? I've gotten the "just friends" response twice now and I'm starting to wonder is it an excuse or do guys genuinely have a friend zone?
No.

That would be my response if a girl I knew wanted to hook up but I didn't consider her attractive.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
it can be true, if you're in his group of friends etc he might even like you but not want to risk complicating things with the group.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Enteebee said:
it can be true, if you're in his group of friends etc he might even like you but not want to risk complicating things with the group.
Read: No strings attached sex.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Enteebee said:
That is the worst excuse ever. Anyone who uses it is a moron.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That is the worst excuse ever. Anyone who uses it is a moron.
So you'd be willing to possibly compromise other friendships and risk the possibility of some sort of split (if/when you break up) in your friends, just so you can go out with someone? You'd want to have so particularly special feelings for them imo...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
it's because you're ugly

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Enteebee said:
So you'd be willing to possibly compromise other friendships and risk the possibility of some sort of split (if/when you break up) in your friends, just so you can go out with someone? You'd want to have so particularly special feelings for them imo...
Who decided that going out with one of the people in your group of friends automatically compromises all other friendships if you break up? For some reason a lot of people seem to believe this and I don't know why. Anyone who isn't capable of maintaining friendships in these circumstances has massive problems in my opinion.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Who decided that going out with one of the people in your group of friends automatically compromises all other friendships if you break up?
It doesn't man... I'm not saying that in every single friendship group situation guys wont be willing to go out with girls, I'm just saying that there can be more complicated scenarios where friendships could be broken. For example, what if some other guys also like that girl? What if some other girl also likes you? What if you two spending time together makes the rest of the group feel left out or something?

Sometimes it's just not worth it....

do guys, like....categorise their girl mates into "yes" "never" lists?
Well, I don't... but of course there will be some girls who due to all foreseeable circumstances and/or your disinterest in them you'll never imagine yourself being with.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
do guys, like....categorise their girl mates into "yes" "never" lists?
yes

read ladder theory plz

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Enteebee said:
It doesn't man... I'm not saying that in every single friendship group situation guys wont be willing to go out with girls, I'm just saying that there can be more complicated scenarios where friendships could be broken. For example, what if some other guys also like that girl? What if some other girl also likes you? What if you two spending time together makes the rest of the group feel left out or something?

Sometimes it's just not worth it....
Anyone who lets something like that ruin their friendship is an idiot. The people involved should be able to deal with it. I wouldn't want to be friends with a person who couldn't handle that situation anyway.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
They do deal with it, by seeing you (rightfully imo) as a bit of an asshole. Imagine you're into some girl in your friends, you confide this in your mate... tell him how much you want to be with her etc, then he goes and picks her up. Sure you'll probably deal with it, won't say anything, but you're not going to like him as much anymore and that's just natural.

Just as it's natural to get annoyed that one day you had this group of friends who'd spend weekends together, then the next you've had half of them pair up into couples and left you guys down a bunch of friends.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Enteebee said:
They do deal with it, by seeing you (rightfully imo) as a bit of an asshole. Imagine you're into some girl in your friends, you confide this in your mate... tell him how much you want to be with her etc, then he goes and picks her up. Sure you'll probably deal with it, won't say anything, but you're not going to like him as much anymore and that's just natural.

Just as it's natural to get annoyed that one day you had this group of friends who'd spend weekends together, then the next you've had half of them pair up into couples and left you guys down a bunch of friends.
You don't always get everything you want. You need to be able to deal with that without ending friendships over it.

It doesn't matter how much I like a girl. If she doesn't like me and she does like my friend that is not my friends fault, why should he not get to be with her because of me? A good friend would want their other friends to be happy, they wouldn't be selfish. I might not like it but I would accept it, I would still be friends with him and I wouldn't not like him as much. I would like him the same amount.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Enteebee said:

yes gay. kids don't alienate people for other people. balance it yo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)