• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Grand Theft Auto IV. (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it will be bigger than gta3, but smaller than san andreas.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Retrovertigo said:
We'll still be driving to fancy coloured markers, but this time, the graphics will be much nicer!
Big fan of the series much?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
This looks pretty fucking good! Awesome at the no load times (apart from initial load)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
stazi said:
it will be bigger than gta3, but smaller than san andreas.
SA was too big. It took like 20mins to get from one side to the other, which you had to do for some missions.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
jumb said:
SA was too big. It took like 20mins to get from one side to the other, which you had to do for some missions.
Gotta agree with you on this one, San Andreas was too big for it's own good. It's not fun having to drive so long to get to your destination, getting wasted or failing a mission, and having to start all over again.

And can anyone say they actually enjoyed piloting a plane in San Andreas?? What a pain in the arse...:rolleyes:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
True. Although large maps can be fun, if done correctly. In test drive unlimited, you sometimes have to drive for half an hour to get somewhere (in real time). I still enjoy it.

mr_brightside

HSC
runtlocks said:
And can anyone say they actually enjoyed piloting a plane in San Andreas?? What a pain in the arse...:rolleyes:
You just gotta get used to it. I don't use mouse flying, just keyboard.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It did feel a lot faster flying to somewhere if you had access to the plane. That said, the flying missions were a pain in the cunt.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I didn't mind the flying. Oh, well. No big deal that there won't be any planes. I am quite sure they decided not to have any due to the associations with 9/11 - flying planes into skyscrapers.

Legham

HSC
runtlocks said:
Gotta agree with you on this one, San Andreas was too big for it's own good. It's not fun having to drive so long to get to your destination, getting wasted or failing a mission, and having to start all over again.
If you played the game as much as i have then the huge size is a good thing :eek: Woulda ran out of places to explore aaagggess ago if it wasn't so big..

runtlocks said:
And can anyone say they actually enjoyed piloting a plane in San Andreas??
Yes. Especially online when me and my clan used to do terrorist runs and fly planes into the pirate ship, where there was always heaps of people :eek:

Dangit, now im in an SA mood!

mr_brightside

HSC
I only got SA like a month or two ago for the first time. I'm in Los Santos taking down Calligula's. w00t

Legham

HSC
mr_brightside said:
I only got SA like a month or two ago for the first time. I'm in Los Santos taking down Calligula's. w00t
You mean Las Venturas right? :confused:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
stazi said:
I didn't mind the flying. Oh, well. No big deal that there won't be any planes. I am quite sure they decided not to have any due to the associations with 9/11 - flying planes into skyscrapers.
I doubt that's the reason, I mean SA was released for PC 4 years after 9/11, and you can crash into sky scrapers with that, although theres no big explosions :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I still remember the build up to GTA3 back on IGN... and I bought it at launch (before the censorship) and it is by far, my most-played game ever on PS2... it's as if, all the new games (eg. Saints Row) which tries to copy the formula just don't get it right. The only thing I didn't like about GTA:VC/LS is that it felt like when the Pokemon universe expanded- it lost the "perfect size" aspect and felt like they were just taking something which was good, and making it bigger... just my personal opinion.

And yes I did just compare GTA to Pokemon.

PS. Does anyone else here still play GTA3 for the sake of picking up a fast(ish) car and just... racing around aimlessly and starting trouble? I never got sick of pulling up next to someone, nudging their car, ocassionally shooting at them, and just watching them speed off only to have an accident.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
jumb said:
I doubt that's the reason, I mean SA was released for PC 4 years after 9/11, and you can crash into sky scrapers with that, although theres no big explosions :(
Yes, but San Andreas was meant to mirror a very pseudo-LA that doesn't have that many likenesses to the actual city rather than gang violence. This game looks to be quite an accurate replica of New York.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
seremify007 said:
And yes I did just compare GTA to Pokemon.
Yeah, I did a double take on that.

stazi said:
Yes, but San Andreas was meant to mirror a very pseudo-LA that doesn't have that many likenesses to the actual city rather than gang violence. This game looks to be quite an accurate replica of New York.
Ah, I see.

Legham

HSC
seremify007 said:
PS. Does anyone else here still play GTA3 for the sake of picking up a fast(ish) car and just... racing around aimlessly and starting trouble? I never got sick of pulling up next to someone, nudging their car, ocassionally shooting at them, and just watching them speed off only to have an accident.
You can do that on VC, SA and even LCS and VCS :eek:

seremify007 said:
The only thing I didn't like about GTA:VC/LS
There's no such thing as GTA: LS..

lengy

HSC
Flying was such a pain in the arse. I got the shits with it so many times but once I learnt to fly it was the best feeling ever! I loved the fact that San Andreas was so big and couldn't find my copy of it to play it again. I loved collecting cars and putting them in my garages till all of them were full. Most enjoyable thing was jacking Ranchers or FBI Ranchers and going offroad in them. Also that Harley like motorcycle where you can powerslide in it was an awesome drive. That game was brilliant because you had so much to do. I only got sick of it when I had done just about everything and visited everywhere.

Legham

HSC
lengy said:
Flying was such a pain in the arse. I got the shits with it so many times but once I learnt to fly it was the best feeling ever! I loved the fact that San Andreas was so big and couldn't find my copy of it to play it again. I loved collecting cars and putting them in my garages till all of them were full. Most enjoyable thing was jacking Ranchers or FBI Ranchers and going offroad in them. Also that Harley like motorcycle where you can powerslide in it was an awesome drive. That game was brilliant because you had so much to do. I only got sick of it when I had done just about everything and visited everywhere.
You should try stunting! You think you've done everything there is to do in grand theft auto, but then stunting can be done forever!

A Vice City stunt video
(old video, but you get the gist.. can be done in all GTA's but SA wasn't out when this was made.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)