• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Grand Theft Auto IV. (3 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah sounds like the game will be amazing. i'm most wet about the prospect of 10+hrs more gaymplay with every downloadable pack on Xbox

stazi

Nightman
HSC
cal- said:
ah that is fucking annoying, i'm so tempted to order it from new zealand now
lol the NZ one is the same as the Aussie one.

Since I'm so l33t, I've got an NTSC-U/C xbox 360 so am importing the special edition from the states. wiiiin

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
stazi said:
lol the NZ one is the same as the Aussie one.

Since I'm so l33t, I've got an NTSC-U/C xbox 360 so am importing the special edition from the states. wiiiin
Oh man, jealous. :(

So um, where abouts do you live again, Staz? I'll bring the drinks/snacks and some mates, just have it set up. :D

Seriously though, spec edition or edited, I can't wait to play this on a big screen.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I live in edgecliff. you can come for the next xbox party i have. winrar. can't wait to see uncut gta iv in action.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Woo!

By Xbox party, do you possibly by chance mean um, pyjama party? :D

Supermodified

HSC
2 Things:

Rockstar Australia have, against the wishes of just about everyone who's got the game pre-ordered locally, refused to disclose just what it was that's been cut from the local version of Grand Theft Auto IV. No matter. Publishers Take-Two may have been a little more forthcoming, with a call to the company's Australian customer service line apparently yielding the following response.

Okay guys, I have some news for you regarding what was edited from the AU release. I just gave Take2 a call (a friggin expensive 1902 number!) and this is exactly what I was told:
"Well in regards to what Rockstar have removed for the Australian release, as far as we're aware there was only one sexually violent cut-scene which Rockstar felt would cause the game to be Refused Classification. Unfortunately we're not able to go into specifics until after the game has been released but I can tell you that the scene involves a weapon being inserted into an enemies private area during a mission where Niko is taking revenge after one of his close friends was forced into sexual intercourse during his stay in prison."

Seriously I thought he was joking ....I was like LOL you're joking right? He says "No. This is what Rockstar felt needed to be removed from the game for it's Australian release. We were recently given permission to release this information because as we understand, Rockstar originally made a press release stating that the game would be released uncut world wide. We felt it would be misleading not to release the information".
http://kotaku.com/380238/ausnz-gtaiv-cut-due-to-weapon-being-inserted-into-a-private-area

Still unconfirmed, but still, sounds reasonable.

Now, more importantly:

Official Playstation Magazine Review - 10/10

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nice!

I doubt they only cut that scene though. Firstly, no one has told the press about what was actually cut. The only person who has such knowledge is a forum member who received the info from some call centre operator. Also, Rockstar talked about 'changes' rather than a 'change' being made.

Furthermore, can't remember if it's been mentioned in this thread, but the NZ version is the same cut one as the AU one

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Getting this for my ps3 fo sho.

Though ill make someone else pay for it of course. They can buy mario kart too.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
Getting this for my ps3 fo sho.

Though ill make someone else pay for it of course. They can buy mario kart too.
lol suck shizzle. you'll miss out on 10-hour long downloadable content packs

Supermodified

HSC
stazi said:
nice!

I doubt they only cut that scene though. Firstly, no one has told the press about what was actually cut. The only person who has such knowledge is a forum member who received the info from some call centre operator. Also, Rockstar talked about 'changes' rather than a 'change' being made.

Furthermore, can't remember if it's been mentioned in this thread, but the NZ version is the same cut one as the AU one
Yeah, I heard that.

Do you happen to have any spare Microsoft Points? I have 610, and I want to buy the Halo 3 Map Pack for 800. Stupid Australian Xbox Live won't take American Express (don't ask).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol just do a mystery shopper and youll get them straight away from nick

blakegman

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
lol suck shizzle. you'll miss out on 10-hour long downloadable content packs
but i also don't have to pay to play online, although your point is duly noted.

Though to be honest i think by the time i finish the game i will be pretty over the storyline and only play whenever i wanna just run people over and shiz

stazi

Nightman
HSC
XBL costs like $7/month. Plus it has heaps better online functionality than the PS3 does. Mmmm friend's list, leaderboards, matchmaking, etc. I heard it has more online modes, too. Oh and achievements.

I win.

Supermodified

HSC
blakegman said:
but i also don't have to pay to play online, although your point is duly noted.

Though to be honest i think by the time i finish the game i will be pretty over the storyline and only play whenever i wanna just run people over and shiz
psnlol

blakegman

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
XBL costs like $7/month. Plus it has heaps better online functionality than the PS3 does. Mmmm friend's list, leaderboards, matchmaking, etc. I heard it has more online modes, too. Oh and achievements.

I win.
Xbox live is clearly superior. Although the ps3 online works just fine. You simply load the game and connect to other players, it's prety much no frills which is good sometimes. I have no interest in achievements or friends on a gaming console, but you're right, ps3 is lesser in the internet gaming department.

That said, my PS3 was free so maybe i win after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)