• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

House M.D. (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
011 said:
Why can't I stop watching this show. It seems predictable enough but like, there's something to it.
how is it predictable?...

it lacks the continuity in story lik scrubs tho..

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
It's just his blunt, withdrawn, cynical, sarcastic, I-don't-care attitude that makes it work.
Is that why we vote Liberal?

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
how is it predictable?...

it lacks the continuity in story lik scrubs tho..
You just know he will find and fix the problem within 60 minutes...

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
more house quotes *sigh* if only he wasnt a fictional character.

House: You can't be that good and well-adjusted.
Dr. Cameron: Why?
House: Because you wind up crying over centrifuges.

House: It's a very sad thing, an uncalibrated centrifuge. It makes me cry too.

House: As long as you're trying to be good, you can do whatever you want.
Dr. Wilson: And as long as you're not trying, you can say whatever you want.
House: So between us, we can do whatever we want. We can rule the world!

Dr. Wilson: I love my wife.
House: You certainly love saying it.

House: I don't ask why patients lie - I just assume they all do.

House: You coughed the other day. I was concerned.
Dr. Cameron: You were curious. Like a eight-year old boy with a puzzle that's just a little too grown-up for him to figure out.
House: To-may-toe, to-mah-toe.

Dr. Cameron: You want me to ask a man whose wife is about to die if he's cheating on her?
House: No, I want you to be polite and let her die.

Dr. Foreman: Sleeping sickness from sex?
House: It's not without precedent.
Dr. Foreman: I'm pretty sure it is, unless you're talking about going to Africa and having sex with the tsetse fly.

House: You told me you hadn't changed your diet or exercise. Were you lying?
Samantha: Lying?
House: Does your husband have high blood pressure?
Samantha: My husband?
House: Yeah, see, if you're going to repeat everything I say, this conversation's going to take twice as long.

Cuddy: The tests were normal. Of course, that's just my opinion. You might want to call a couple of guys in from Maintenance for a consult.

House: So what's her name and when do I get to meet her?
Dr. Wilson: There's nobody! Give it up!
House: Your lips say no, but your shoes say yes.
Dr. Wilson: They're French. You can't trust a word they say.

Dr. Foreman: How come (House) doesn't ride you guys?
Dr. Chase: He's got a crush on you. He just doesn't know how to show it.

Dr. Foreman: Why are you riding on me?
House: It's what I do. Has it gotten worse lately?
Dr. Foreman: Yeah. Seems to me.
House: Really? Well, that rules out the race thing. You were just as black last week.

Dr. Foreman: We looked at everything else
Dr. Wilson: Did you look at her breasts?
(Cameron glares)
House: Men...

Cuddy: (to House) You're ordering tests to cover your lechery. Interesting.

House: You want to look pretty. At work. (singing) Wilson's get a girlfriend . . .

Dr. Wilson: Well. That's what breasts look like.

Samantha: (My breasts) were a present for my husband on his 40th. I figured he'd appreciate them more then a sweater.
House: How sweet.

House: Husband described her as being unusually irritable recently.
Dr. Cameron: And . . . ?
House: I didn't realize it was possible for a woman to be "unusually" irritable.
Dr. Cameron: Nice try, but you're a misanthrope, not a misogynist.

House: Clinical depression. Incredibly contagious. Every time I get around one of them, I get blue.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
the guys shits me. he threats his work mates like shit, doesnt aprrectiate the help people do for him and is an asshole to the patients. in real life this guy would be fired.

he also doesnt do any work. he is like a little kid always playing with toys and dazzing away.

for example i saw an episode where a guy dressed in santa costume asked for help , cuase his stomach hurt alot or sometihn and he had to go to toilet frequantly, so the idiot prescribes him cigarretes. nice work moron, that will really help anyone.

sometimes though he does make good points about stupid people, but when sometihng serious is happening and he is a smartass, i feel like kicking him in the face.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
the guys shits me. he threats his work mates like shit, doesnt aprrectiate the help people do for him and is an asshole to the patients. in real life this guy would be fired.

His chracter is often misunderstood by others not only in the show but in real life. In the show, Dr. Wilson is the only person who understands Dr. House.

He does treat his "work-mates" badly but if you haven't noticed there is an underlying importance in why he actually does it. In every episode.

The fact is, you can't rely on a single doctor's or neurosurgeon's opinion. One doctor says something, another something else. Foreman is constantly picked on due to his assumptions that the simplest answer is always the correct one and he never attempts to search for other possible answers.

The female doctor on the other hand, does the opposite to Foreman, however she is constantly reluctant to voice her own opinions in fear that she might be wrong.

ANother theme is that patients never follow the instructions or advice given by the people who actually know their condition and health better. Thus the constant questioning of House's methods and him saying something along the lines of "No don't take the medicine, I mean what would I know, I"m just a doctor".

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I hope the program lasts a long long time...tis awesome

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah, brilliant. The sad thing is that we started using House 'diagnoses' in PBL this week. Where is the world going?!?! nah loving it!

Keen

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
I luv this show, but anyways, hope someone can help me with a question i have about it. Just wondering if it has a soundtrack, OR, can anyone tell me the theme song of the show? Ive looked absolutely everywhere, no luck so far!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
the proper theme song for the show is teardrop by massive attack. the australian version has a cheap knockoff that sounds similar. i guess they didn't want to pay for the rights to that song here

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
crazyhomo said:
the proper theme song for the show is teardrop by massive attack. the australian version has a cheap knockoff that sounds similar. i guess they didn't want to pay for the rights to that song here
I dont think thats the case. Personally i prefer the one ten has. I suspect the theme song ten is showing is the one that will be on season2. Ten delayed the premiere so its likely they got the episodes with the new theme when they were working on season 2. I don't think there has ever been a case where a network gets rights to a show but not for the theme song!

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
routemarker said:
I dont think thats the case. Personally i prefer the one ten has. I suspect the theme song ten is showing is the one that will be on season2. Ten delayed the premiere so its likely they got the episodes with the new theme when they were working on season 2. I don't think there has ever been a case where a network gets rights to a show but not for the theme song!
actually it happens all the time. for example, las vegas also has a different theme song in australia than it does in america. and often dvd releases will not include the original music because it was only licensed for the tv broadcast and they don't want to spend the extra money licensing it again

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
more quotes

God bless House
-------

Georgia: I notice colors more. And music. I...I'm really hearing music. I'm eighty-two, and I'm supposed to be playing canasta with the other old ladies, but…now when I see a guy with a cute butt...I just can't stop looking at him. (looks at House) Or a sexy beard.
House: And you figure that enjoying cute butts is a sign of disease?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i loved her to pieces.

House: I am extremely disappointed. I send you out for exciting new designer drugs and you come back with tomato sauce.

Dr. Foreman: The kid was just taking his AP calculus exam when all of a sudden he got nauseous and disoriented.
House: That's the way calculus presents.

House: I assume "minimal at best" is your stiff upper lip British way of saying "no chance in hell"?
Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.
House: You put the Queen on your money. You're British.

Matt: Who are those guys?
Margo: Oh, they're the arrogant jerks that saved your life.

House: Although there's a real good chance...
Margo: What? Matt might kick off?
House: That's a little blunt. I was going to say 'run out of time'. Just kinda let my voice trail off.
More HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that one made me laugh for yonks.

Margo: What makes you think you're right this time?
House: The same thing as last time.

Dr. Wilson: Hey, I'm a man - I don't have time for laundry. I'm saving lives here!

House: I'm sorry - the fact that the sexual pleasure center of your cerebral cortex has been overstimulated by spirochetes is a poor basis for a relationship. I learned that one the hard way.

House: Would you step outside for a minute, Mr. Adams?
Matt: Why?
House: Because you irritate me.
Oh Lord, if this man isn't perfect.

Margo: Who are you?
House: I'm the doctor who's trying to save your son. You're the mother who's letting him die. Clarification – it's a wonderful thing.

Dr. Cuddy: (to House) Her only sign of mental illness is she disagrees with you. Some would consider that a sign of sanity.

House: What can I say? Chicks with no teeth turn me on.
Dr. Wilson: That's . . . fairly disgusting.

House: But I am going to admit (Virginia) to the hospital for tests.
Mark: What tests? She's just old.
House: And you're just insufferable.

Georgia: And now...I think about Ashton (Kutcher) all the time. (whispers) All the time.
House: Ah.
Georgia: You remind me of him. Same bedroom eyes.
House: People are always mixing us up.

Dr. Foreman: You know why House thinks I'm a druggie?
Dr. Cameron: This is going to be a racial thing, isn't it?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH poor Foreman.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
*Hugs tangerinespeedo* Team House!

What wouldn't I give to work for that guy. :rolleyes:

I'm getting season one on DVD on Monday! *jumps up and down* :D:D:D

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
:O:O:O *jealous*
i want it so bad!

p.s. i think house is weirdly hot...maybe its the persona

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
:O:O:O *jealous*
i want it so bad!

p.s. i think house is weirdly hot...maybe its the persona
Oh man, I can't wait. :D

P.S. Oh!!! Me too! *melts*

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
*rep of life to you*

i dont want him and cameron to get with each toher....house is miiiinnnee (u can share sometimes)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
*rep of life to you*

i dont want him and cameron to get with each toher....house is miiiinnnee (u can share sometimes)
*points to avatar*

I'm Cameron. :D

<3<3<3 House.

"He's mine. You can't have him." :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)