• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many people overloads (1 Viewer)

onigiri

HSC
I'm doing 12 units and I'm not planning to drop any subjects. So i think i'm fine.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
afta??? said:
hahaha... bet u r finding ur maths teacher too hard to tolerate.
drop to general if u find 2 unit too hard ... too much compliments from oranGez about the gracious atmosphere in that class ... ... our school usually get in the top 2 % of general anyway so i dont think it will affect ur uai too much if u pick up two other extensions.
Thanks for your vote of confidence, afta. I need it. :)

I should drop, eh, but not like everyone else did. Several people just disappeared (like oranGez) and we didn't even realised they'd dropped for a bit, others were discussing it loudly for a while. I want to go out with a bang. Maybe my teacher would actually remember my name then. :D

afta???

HSC
start a revolt in the class n get a whole bunch into general at the same time......
i bet she'll remeber u !

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
same here i am doin 14 u (prob drop down 2 13 durring the course of the year) but cos i accell its only 12.
this is the 1st year that my school has accell in anything (ill be in the history books) and maths is all they are offering as an accell at the moment but i think the sciences and social sciences would be good 2 accell in possibly even the histories. there was a friend who accell in Phy and ext2 maths... freek only need english and 1 other subject in hcs... imagine that, have 10 classes a week and 22freez (have 7 periods a day expt friday have 4 then sport)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
afta??? said:
just wondering about how many people at your school overload their units in yr11 and yr 12

we hav only about 30/168 who overload in yr 11
n half in yr 12 doin 13/14 units n the other half 10/11 units
most people at our school do 12/13 for prelim and 10/11 for hsc

afta???

HSC
JamiL said:
same here i am doin 14 u (prob drop down 2 13 durring the course of the year) but cos i accell its only 12.
this is the 1st year that my school has accell in anything (ill be in the history books) and maths is all they are offering as an accell at the moment but i think the sciences and social sciences would be good 2 accell in possibly even the histories. there was a friend who accell in Phy and ext2 maths... freek only need english and 1 other subject in hcs... imagine that, have 10 classes a week and 22freez (have 7 periods a day expt friday have 4 then sport)
our school is only accelling nxt year......our year would b the guinea pigs....they r goin to try n cover 2 years of studies of religion in one year but only offer it to ppl wo hav 9 units bcoz they dropped everything so they could fill it up

kpq_sniper017

accelerating sor??
i don't think i could bear that personally....

i wouldn't have minded accelerating business studies though...it wouldn't have required that much effort last year - i think i could've handled it...but i'm not sure that enough people would've applied...

HSC
there's no such thing as overloading at my school cos everyone must do 12 units unless they decide to do a course at TAFE therefore it's 14 units. only one extension subject in yr 11 can be chosen in addition to a religion type of subject. there have been rare cases of doing both english and maths extension but that's only one or two people and they're really REALLY smart. other than that, it's mostly 10-12 units throughout the whole school.
no one can accelerate subjects at my school since it's only a yr11-12 school only so basically hardly anyone overloads unless they do tafe units. i wouldn't recommend doing anything above 13 units. my friend does 14 units by doing a tafe course. even though she does mostly vet and non-uai subjects as she's not going for a UAI, she studies alot each day because of too much work placements and she's stressed to the point of near self destruction (true story) so believe me it's not good to overload your subjects unless your study skills are highly excellent.

Last edited:

kpq_sniper017

what school do u go to? only year 11 and 12?
at my school, there are about 15-ish people who do ext 1 maths and english. does anyone at your school do ext 2 english and/or maths?

HSC
all saints catholic senior college casula
i don't do any extension subjects but i'm doing great without them. there's only one english extension (around 20 people...only 2 guys in that class) and one maths extension class(around 20-30 people) in yr 11. same for yr 12. few people from my school do extension 2 maths and english. 5-10 maybe?

afta???

HSC
i noe we hav 3 classes of ext 2 maths, 2 ext history classes in yr 12 ....
apparently this yr 12 is crazy with extensions.....
normally we hav 1 history extension and probably 2 ext 2 maths classes

kpq_sniper017

afta??? said:
i noe we hav 3 classes of ext 2 maths, 2 ext history classes in yr 12 ....
apparently this yr 12 is crazy with extensions.....
normally we hav 1 history extension and probably 2 ext 2 maths classes
wow!
2 maths ext 2 classes? = ~40 people?
this year, there are 25 ext 2 students at my school, and next year (at an estimate): 20ish.
what school do u go to afta?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystal M

HSC
i totally agree with u "afta???".....our skool accerlate?! pahhh! they don't even let us acerlate in IPT while other skools like North Sydney, Sydney and James Ruse already finished their HSC IPT in yr 10!!@!!! i'm sooo angry....we could have done that too except nooooo.... the teacher let us muck around in yr 9 and 10 while we could have got one subject for HSC over and done with!

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
wow!
this year, there are 9 ext 2 students at my school, and next year (at an estimate): 7.
9 EXTENSION 2 CLASSES???????????????? WHAT THE HECK?? is that for one subject or for both maths and english combined? what school do you go to? is it selective by any chance?
same to you afta...2 extension history courses? 3 maths extension2??? i'm guessing your school is also selective or somewhere in the top 10 school for the hsc thing last yr. i think only around 5 people or so doing that at my school. i do know there's not much people doing it.

that's just so weird.

hey to those schools who accelerate subjects, you're really lucky to accelerate in a subject. you get to do more subjects early. i still regret not doing economics. but like i said before, my school cannot accelerate subjects since it's yr11-12 only. i don't get it. how do people accelerate their subjects. did your teachers teach you the subject earlier or was the hsc courses given to you at your yr9-10 subject selection thing back in yr 8? lucky you.

afta???

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
wow!
this year, there are 9 ext 2 students at my school, and next year (at an estimate): 7.
i go to st george ... third in state for maths
and freakstar... i think he meant 9 students doin ext2 not 9 classes

kpq_sniper017

afta??? said:
i go to st george ... third in state for maths
and freakstar... i think he meant 9 students doin ext2 not 9 classes
:)
i think we cleared that up with freakstar...

as for third in the state in maths - was that based on the number of people in band 6? or did someone from ur school come third in the state? if it was based on the number of people who got band 6, how did u find out? i want to see where my school ranked...
...or if anyone has the rankings, can u tell me where sydney grammar ranks?

Last edited by a moderator:

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
some guy in my year will be doin 16 units (4u maths, Adv english, Phys, Chem, Bio, SOR1, hindi continuers) and he is playing grade and jounor cricket(plays both sat and sunday) and plays crickert 4 skool (thursday 2 7:30) and plus training 4 all 3 grades of cricket... i think we have a winner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)