• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hsc marks needed (2 Viewers)

Capt Rifle

HSC
i'm coming 4/5 in MX2 so probably not the best person to ask advice from in that haha. Same class as Sy123 *yaaay* :L

of course you can still get above 90? i recall getting 73 in my MX1 hye...HYE for my maths subjects are such a blur - i hardly remember them. They had the slightest effect because of the weighting of trials and other assessments. HYE arent usually significantly higher in terms of weighting? they're usually weighted approx 20-25, where usual assessments are about 15-20.

also, honestly, i believe that if it wasnt for my external mark, i may have gotten a high band 5 or perhaps scrape off a band 6. Externally for MX1 was 48/50 , whereas my assessment mark was 45/50. It REALLY comes down to consistent effort and enough (but not too much) confidence for all your exams, and having a determination that your hard work will pay off eventually :) Getting well in externals is a must.
Good Luck...

O

Omed62

hey lol, are you muslim... inshaallah I will get above 90 HSc mark. so I can still get above 90 HSC mark for 2u and 3u right? How did you study for both maths. So there are 7 people in my ext 1- class and 45 in 2u maths: I was sonsider to drop maths ext 2 becasue I think I may not get a band 6; how can I pull up my rank for maths ext 2 lol, any advice; if I should drop maths ext 2 or stay in it.

I am so worried guys; please give some adive on what should I do?
Guys by this Tuesday I think if I should drop maths ext 2 or not because I came 3/3 in terms of ranking; the top mark was 98/100 raw mark which One of my friend scored ( I am serious this guy is a beast) he might even get a state rank. SO how can I get top marks in maths ext 2; I only get like 70s always but never above it. SO should I drop maths ext 2 and focus on my other subjects or keep it. what should I do guys... any help/tips/suggestions.

O

Omed62

guys please stick to the top... I really need advice if I should drop maths ext 2 because I ranked 3/3; I am currently burning out; please help guys... should I drop maths ext 2 and focus on 2u and maths ext1 and get a band 6 for both or if I do maths ext 2, how should I get a rank 1... I work very hard.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
guys please stick to the top... I really need advice if I should drop maths ext 2 because I ranked 3/3; I am currently burning out; please help guys... should I drop maths ext 2 and focus on 2u and maths ext1 and get a band 6 for both or if I do maths ext 2, how should I get a rank 1... I work very hard.
What's your school rank? I suggest you drop it immediately if you can't manage your time or if you are struggling too much in the questions, especially the easy ones.
There's no point doing so much work now if you will drop it later this year. Also it will definitely help you focus on your other subjects.

O

Omed62

What's your school rank? I suggest you drop it immediately if you can't manage your time or if you are struggling too much in the questions, especially the easy ones.
There's no point doing so much work now if you will drop it later this year. Also it will definitely help you focus on your other subjects.
lol, I can obviously do the work but the thing is that it still takes a lot of time and how do you manage time for maths ext 2, isn't work overload for you.

so, can I still get a top Atar (99>) if I drop maths ext 2.

RishBonjour

HSC
yasmine was saying she got mid 80's raw in 2U, but got 95 overall due to her classmates pulling her up.

Cos I got 96 overall with 94 raw, so ~85 definitely does not go to 95.
advantages of going to a top school, other people pulling you up. sigh.
and did you do the test as a joke? or didn't know how to do a few questions?

O

Omed62

advantages of going to a top school, other people pulling you up. sigh.
and did you do the test as a joke? or didn't know how to do a few questions?
guys, please don't steal my thread. I need advice here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)