• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lecture times, etc. (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
I was wandering if anyone knew the earliest times that lectures/tutors start in the morning? I am guessing around 9:00am. I realise that times will always be different but just need to know what i could have as i will be communiting from the central coast to most likely UNSW.

wake_tonight

HSC
At USYD, the earliest a lecture can be is 8.00, although I've never heard of a tutorial at that time.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wake_tonight said:
At USYD, the earliest a lecture can be is 8.00, although I've never heard of a tutorial at that time.
you can already preview USYD timetables. and yes, the earliest is 8am, however, that's more for engo/science subjects. ive never seen an arts or commerce subject that begins so early (nor would I do it :p)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
Awesome. Because i'll be doing commerce.
USYD? in that case you'll usually have a choice of which lecture to attend. I'll be doing a lot of the commerce 1st year subs next year and i think my earliest start is like 1pm

Ricky09

HSC
Nah. Most likely at UNSW. Not really a fan of USYD after today.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
Nah. Most likely at UNSW. Not really a fan of USYD after today.
haha you're asian?

what put you off usyd out of interest

Ricky09

HSC
stazi said:
haha you're asian?

what put you off usyd out of interest
Nah mate. White Australian and im from the central coast which is like 95% white Australian's, so i expected to like USYD, but i didn't.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
Nah mate. White Australian and im from the central coast which is like 95% white Australian's, so i expected to like USYD, but i didn't.
what exactly didn't you like (sorry but things like this fascinate me as i study marketing, and am very interested in university marketing in australia)

Ricky09

HSC
stazi said:
what exactly didn't you like (sorry but things like this fascinate me as i study marketing, and am very interested in university marketing in australia)
Nah, you're right. Um. I'll copy and paste from another thread.

Staff and some students seemed up themself, didn't really like the campus either. Thought there was certain groups (Like that troops in Iraq one) didn't really need to be at an advisory day, seemed pointless. Certain staff actually told two of my mates to go to UTS or UNSW, even though they have high UAI's and the uni wouldn't just be trying to get rid of them. It just didn't seem to have a good atmosphere.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
Nah, you're right. Um. I'll copy and paste from another thread.

Staff and some students seemed up themself, didn't really like the campus either. Thought there was certain groups (Like that troops in Iraq one) didn't really need to be at an advisory day, seemed pointless. Certain staff actually told two of my mates to go to UTS or UNSW, even though they have high UAI's and the uni wouldn't just be trying to get rid of them. It just didn't seem to have a good atmosphere.
oh strange. it's also wierd as it will add another 30 minutes each way to your commute time. It is true, however, that we're quite up ourselves :p

Ricky09

HSC
stazi said:
oh strange. it's also wierd as it will add another 30 minutes each way to your commute time. It is true, however, that we're quite up ourselves :p
It will be around another 20 minutes each way. It's alright. It's weird because i am probably up myself a lot of the time, but i just couldn't be bothered being around hundreds more who actually act it. Doesn't really matter, i still might go there. I'll figure it out. But asians tend to be more secluded and not out going which means UNSW will most likely not have as much of a social side as USYD.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
we have another conversion to the better uni for commerce or economics :p

the unsw campus is very much more modernised and the new fce or to be known as fob building will be finished soon.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
by the way...the earliest time i remember for a lecture was 10 and the earliest tute was 9

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
It will be around another 20 minutes each way. It's alright. It's weird because i am probably up myself a lot of the time, but i just couldn't be bothered being around hundreds more who actually act it. Doesn't really matter, i still might go there. I'll figure it out. But asians tend to be more secluded and not out going which means UNSW will most likely not have as much of a social side as USYD.
oh, it won't be hundreds of up-themself usyders. not at all. you only experienced a few who may have been selected to represent usyd based on that principle. the majority of students i've met are extremely down-to earth. also, yes, social life at usyd is fantastic (<3 manning bar's entertainment)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
my.unsw.edu.au/classutil

check out your times - for first year commerce look for acct1501, econ1101, econ1202

Ricky09

HSC
stazi said:
oh, it won't be hundreds of up-themself usyders. not at all. you only experienced a few who may have been selected to represent usyd based on that principle. the majority of students i've met are extremely down-to earth. also, yes, social life at usyd is fantastic (<3 manning bar's entertainment)
Mate you're making this decision even harder. Thought i had my mind set until this topic. Also, the 4 question survey with the last two questions being about Christianity that was near the buses was pointless. Seemed completely irrelevant for an open day. And although quality of building doesn't reflect teaching, the merewether (sp?) building was terrible.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
Mate you're making this decision even harder. Thought i had my mind set until this topic. Also, the 4 question survey with the last two questions being about Christianity that was near the buses was pointless. Seemed completely irrelevant for an open day. And although quality of building doesn't reflect teaching, the merewether (sp?) building was terrible.
lol :p yeah, merewether is horrid, but then again, the eco & business labs are great. also, you'll be taking a lot of your core commerce lectures at the eastern ave auditorium (which is also sexy). what are you thinking of majoring in

Ricky09

HSC
stazi said:
lol :p yeah, merewether is horrid, but then again, the eco & business labs are great. also, you'll be taking a lot of your core commerce lectures at the eastern ave auditorium (which is also sexy). what are you thinking of majoring in
Haven't really decided yet. But finance, marketing and commerical law all appeal. So most likely 2 of those.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
Haven't really decided yet. But finance, marketing and commerical law all appeal. So most likely 2 of those.
if marketing and claw appeal to you, then what the hell are you considering unsw for :p (granted, finance is probably better at unsw, though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)