• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Negative reputation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
meh. alls well that ends well..... anti is lookin into it :p

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
sunny said:
It is an attempt to normalise the rep system to be used the way it was intended.
how can it "normalise" if the admins don't follow any set rules about its use?

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
crazyhomo said:
how can it "normalise" if the admins don't follow any set rules about its use?
agree wholeheartedly. thanks 4 ur rep the other day. it wasnt counted tho, cos of kimmehs bro :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
Lazarus said:
Formally disapproving of a post therefore constitutes a serious punitive action. It should not be used to punish users for minor infractions. The test should be whether the user's conduct involves a substantial or consistent failure to reach or maintain a reasonable standard of forum etiquette.

Note the requirement of a "substantial or consistent" failure. It is not sufficient if the user's conduct falls short of the standard of forum etiquette that an ordinary person is entitled to expect of a reasonably courteous user, but does not do so in a substantial or consistent manner.

If a user flagrantly disregards a well-known rule that has been signposted in the forums for an extended period of time (such as no rep begging), their conduct will amount to a "substantial" failure.

Similarly, if a user ignores warnings for minor infractions and persists with the offending conduct, that conduct can be deemed to constitute a "consistent" failure for the purposes of this method of punishment.
While it leaves room for interpretation, as I have said before neg reps are documented and the mod handing it out can get scrutinised by other mods and admins for their decision on a case-by-case basis.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
sunny said:
While it leaves room for interpretation, as I have said before neg reps are documented and the mod handing it out can get scrutinised by other mods and admins for their decision on a case-by-case basis.
so, are those the rules for admins, supermods or mods? because, as asylum helpfully explained above, there are different sets of rules for those groups, and it was unclear which group those rules were referring to

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
mattycoss said:
i think you should review my case

i want my points back

just because i started up a hail mattycoss forum, i didnt break any rules
ur the bos anti christ.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This is not a democracy. It is an internet forum. There are rules as to the content which is run on the servers of the host.

The admins, those paying, have free will over the running of the forum. You dont like it get lost. Simple as that. You keep thinking you have a say. Until you have the forum and the server under your name, you dont. Full stop.

This seems to be some misconception, that the ability to use these forums, means you have a right to veto anything the admins do. You can leave, as others before have done, it wont make a difference. In the end this forum will keep running.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mattycoss said:

i want my points back

you said this on the same page.

mattycoss said:
just coz i created 2 mattycoss subforums encouraging rep swapping and the flaming of hostile members

sunny

meh.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
so, are those the rules for admins, supermods or mods? because, as asylum helpfully explained above, there are different sets of rules for those groups, and it was unclear which group those rules were referring to
Those guidelines were given by Lazarus to the moderators. That does not mean these guidelines automatically do not apply to smods/admins. Decisions should be based on these guidelines either way, but mods/smods/admins still allow for different decisions to be made for different cases as they see fitting.

mattycoss said:

i want my points back

You did not loose points for starting a "mattycoss forum".
1) The threads were deleted as they were spam (threads not related to the subforum where they were posted).

2) You encouraged rep trading in one of your posts. That is the reason you were neg repped.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You are just another wannabe celebrity in the history of BoS. Nothing more, nothing less.

You have a right to say, i never said anything about that. If though, it infringes upon the rules and regulations placed upon this forum, and you having signed up, knowing explicitly those rules, you are at fault, ignorance is no excuse.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
AsyLum said:
You are just another wannabe celebrity in the history of BoS. Nothing more, nothing less.

You have a right to say, i never said anything about that. If though, it infringes upon the rules and regulations placed upon this forum, and you having signed up, knowing explicitly those rules, you are at fault, ignorance is no excuse.
mattycoss has joined the ranks of pookie and aj.

his name will be remembered longer than many yellow typed names.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nice of you to leave the first part out, where i mention that its upon the running of the forum.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AsyLum said:
This is not a democracy. It is an internet forum. There are rules as to the content which is run on the servers of the host.

The admins, those paying, have free will over the running of the forum. You dont like it get lost. Simple as that. You keep thinking you have a say. Until you have the forum and the server under your name, you dont. Full stop.

This seems to be some misconception, that the ability to use these forums, means you have a right to veto anything the admins do. You can leave, as others before have done, it wont make a difference. In the end this forum will keep running.
see, that's what i thought it was, but sunny seems to be saying something different. you say admins do whatever the hell they feel like, sunny says admins have a set plan in order to correct failures in the system (except nobody knows how this plan applies to them, only how it applies to mods)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
beccaxx said:
mattycoss has joined the ranks of pookie and aj.

his name will be remembered longer than many yellow typed names.
Do you really think that those outside of NS would remember/know who the hell they are?

And judging by the activity of a few hundred in there, compared to a few thousand outside, i think that those who remember and leave will subsequently be less than those who have been here for a while.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
see, that's what i thought it was, but sunny seems to be saying something different. you say admins do whatever the hell they feel like, sunny says admins have a set plan in order to correct failures in the system (except nobody knows how this plan applies to them, only how it applies to mods)
Err, those two can exist on the same level. They can do whatever they want, according to a plan they wanted to implement. Nothing wrong with that?

withoutaface said:
Then those moderators should resign.
I thought you left.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
withoutaface said:
Then those moderators should resign.
i agree.
coughs to a certain mod. who will prob do somethin with this msg :(

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
mattycoss said:
lets settle this

create a poll, asylum vs mattycoss, who do u prefer

we'll c who wins
it wont do anything matty. except boost ur self esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)