• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Negative reputation (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AsyLum said:
Err, those two can exist on the same level. They can do whatever they want, according to a plan they wanted to implement. Nothing wrong with that?
so there is a plan now? one that the admins follow? may we see it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, go ahead i dont really care.

At the end of the day, this is a forum, you placing such importance on it just means that there should be something you should question yourself with.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so there is a plan now? one that the admins follow? may we see it?
Why are you asking us? Ask an admin.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think I'm missing a bright green square, personally.

I'm on 610 points.... I shoulda gotten one at 601, shouldn't I?

not that i really care though.

Bright squares are just pretty. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
mattycoss said:
ok
i will have the poll running in non school (the forum with the most exposure) for 24 hours
no moderator/admin interference

if i win, you leave

if you win, i leave

you're on
Who said id agree to leave? I agreed to a poll, until you edited your post.

mattycoss said:
there was no need for me to include it, as you contradicted yourself with the parts i included.
Haha, kinda like saying that "I..mattycoss...am...an...idiot...." Cos of course context doesnt mean a thing.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I think I'm missing a bright green square, personally.

I'm on 610 points.... I shoulda gotten one at 601, shouldn't I?

not that i really care though. If I did, I'd apply for benefactor.
lol. i think they r worth 200 points each

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
AsyLum said:
This is not a democracy. It is an internet forum. There are rules as to the content which is run on the servers of the host.

The admins, those paying, have free will over the running of the forum. You dont like it get lost. Simple as that. You keep thinking you have a say. Until you have the forum and the server under your name, you dont. Full stop.

This seems to be some misconception, that the ability to use these forums, means you have a right to veto anything the admins do. You can leave, as others before have done, it wont make a difference. In the end this forum will keep running.
I'm I the only who is feeling the need to click my heels and let off a few 'sieg heil!'s?

It's such an arrogent view point; fora without members are nothing. Sure the forum will keep running, but no one will be there.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AsyLum said:
Why are you asking us? Ask an admin.
so you don't actually know if any such plan exists, let alone what it contains?

ps i have asked an admin and am waiting for a response

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In the end of the day thats the fact. And of course the admins encourage you to be here, thats why they try to implement rules and regulations so the need for a totalitarian regime isnt implented. But its very difficult when those who break the rules and keep re-offending start complaining about rights. Prisoners who break the rules have rights, but if they keep re-offending those rights become more and more restricted. It is no different with breaking the rules here. Those who preceeded before and left amicably had no qualms about the running of this place, so ask yourself why is it that a minority seem to enjoy making this trouble and trying to gain this attention.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
this was antis pm

anti said:
Hi beccaxx,

Generally deleted posts are never reposted (unless they were deleted by accident). If you could direct me to those posts I'll have a look (or at least the thread they're in.. and page, when it comes to NS threads).

Jazz Man Tim, although a Benefactor, is still subject to the same repping conditions as other members of the forum. However, we can't moderate rep begging outside of BoS (obviously) which makes it harder for mods to de-rep especially if they haven't followed the entire 'competition' you guys were having.

I'm not sure how easy it is for admins to un-derep you, but if they can I'll ask them to add the rep for the double de-repped post. I don't think they will do anything about the original punishment.

anti

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sorry, discrimination? Tell us on what grounds of discrimination, i really am interested.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
AsyLum said:
In the end of the day thats the fact. And of course the admins encourage you to be here, thats why they try to implement rules and regulations so the need for a totalitarian regime isnt implented. But its very difficult when those who break the rules and keep re-offending start complaining about rights. Prisoners who break the rules have rights, but if they keep re-offending those rights become more and more restricted. It is no different with breaking the rules here. Those who preceeded before and left amicably had no qualms about the running of this place, so ask yourself why is it that a minority seem to enjoy making this trouble and trying to gain this attention.
Oh My God! I knew it! Prison = BOS!

Run before they release the probe droids!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, what did you think the mod stick really was? ;)

sunny

meh.
HSC
mattycoss said:
and i will continue to speak my mind - you cant stop me, the admins cant stop me. whether you like it or not - when i leave, i will be leaving on my terms.
People are not here to "silence" you, as you keep insisting. There is a very simple cycle here:

1) You were banned for the first time on the original account.
2) As a result, all other new accounts/threads/posts were automatically banned/deleted regardless of whether you spoke your mind/had malicious/non malicious intents. (I know you disagree with the way this works, but this is the etiquette of the forum)
3) When those subsequent accounts were banned, you saw it as a personal attack
4) Polls are made, abusive threads are made, and the cycle repeats.
5) Those polls historically have had three outcomes:
i) The poll creator deletes it because it went against their favour and pretended it never happened (I believe the last was JayWalker?)
ii) The poll voted they should leave or they decide to leave, but they eventually come back for one reason or another (as you have matty)
iii) The poll attracts no interest from the majority of the community except for the few of the 57000 odd members involved.
6) Regardless of the poll, it eventually turns out to be a no-show.

crazyhomo said:
see, that's what i thought it was, but sunny seems to be saying something different. you say admins do whatever the hell they feel like, sunny says admins have a set plan in order to correct failures in the system (except nobody knows how this plan applies to them, only how it applies to mods)
Put in a crude way, admins can do whatever they please as this forum belongs to them, but that does not mean they have no ethics or morals. They would certainly apply those same guidelines to themselves, which what I was trying to say. If they did did whatever they pleased, this website would never be updated, the server would have never gotten upgraded, etc

Arvin Sloane said:
fora without members are nothing. Sure the forum will keep running, but no one will be there.
Those around long enough would recognise the social evolution the forum takes. Outside of NS business always happens as per usual. It is only inside NS there are ever such problems. It is about every 1.5 years that NS has a form of "switch over" (since old Year 12 members will only stay on for so long before permanently leaving), where newer members are the majority posters in NS. Towards the end of each cycle the above process happens, until the old group dies out and leaves, then a new group will come in and take over.

My personal opinion for those members that want attention has always been that they are welcome to leave the BOS community and create their own forum, where they can take their people power with them, and be as self important as they see fit and set their own rules. Clone sites happen, but we rarely hear about them here.

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard that the mod stick was small, but is it now larger than before??

sunny

meh.
HSC
mattycoss said:
mate no poll voted me to leave

only things that have happend is when ive been banned people have created threads to bring me back
Edit:
sunny said:
ii) The poll voted they should leave or they decide to leave, but they eventually come back for one reason or another (as you have matty)
I remembered others that willing left but came back.

mattycoss said:
only things that have happend is when ive been banned people have created threads to bring me back
Like others in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)