• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
fornstar said:
i thought it was a bit of a joke with how they made such a big deal about it

its not like he said it at the press conference, it was during the game, & that shit happens

political correctness gone mad!
no its not political correctness, it was a fair punishment (prolly deserved more)

Racism has no place in society

HSC
Best Friday night game of the season!

Dean Whitters was again sensational, Ben Smith is a real revelation this season and not to mention a pretty physical encounter in which Parra controversially scored when there was a pretty large altercation! :D

*mel*

Boo_ said:
saints will win, and the rorters logo is staying, and dragons rock, and no team is ever guaranteed a win...take the penrith vs knights game, panthers said they were going to win and they didnt!!!

lol, ne1 going 2nite to the game???
alright then... saints lost... so does that mean that the rorters logo is going? ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Parra played well, not going to take anything away from them.

Dragons are a different outfit with head and hornby there.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Cant beleived Eels smashed dragons...:D:D:D The game was just, gold. Any1 who smashes those Dragons needs praise. Im psd off that i didnt go- i could of helped Eels supporters boo Trent Barett whom was an absolute wanker. LOL, but they didnt actually need much help neway.:p

Ben Smith was absolutely terrific. :uhhuh:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
kimi said:
Cant beleived Eels smashed dragons...:D:D:D The game was just, gold. Any1 who smashes those Dragons needs praise. Im psd off that i didnt go- i could of helped Eels supporters boo Trent Barett whom was an absolute wanker. LOL, but they didnt actually need much help neway.:p

Shuddup, Kim.

I'd like to see what would have happened if Tim Smith had copped the same hit to the head.

Fark, we need Hornby back for next week's match against Manly. Sheppard couldn't do anything in his debut, despite being decent enough.

While I can't be stuffed going through every screw up made by Mander and his buddies, I'll give you a few of the important ones:
  • Mander doesn't stop the play when the touch judge came in for the brawl. It is MANDATORY that as soon as a second official comes in, deeming the incident more important than the ball play, the game is stopped. Mander doesn't do this and lets play continue.
  • Mick Stone figures that Marsh didn't hit Barrett on the point of the chin. Leads directly to a try.
  • Hindmarsh knocks on when Dean Young is about to score. Knocks on twice in the act of picking it up, in fact. This is ignored, when we are five metres from the line and would have had a full set of six.
  • Ben Smith knocks on when he tackles Timmins. This is ignored, and Smith runs downfield to score.
  • All night, Mander gets the Dragons for not having markers straight. In the second half, Parramatta committed the same sin at LEAST five times. Not one penalty given, while the commentators hint at Mander's possible bias.

Once Smith scored the runaway, knock-on try, the match was over.

Congratulations to Parramatta, who showed in the first half that they deserve their second placing on the ladder. Despite playing shit for the first half hour, they managed to only be behind by 10, and then Dean Widders proceeded to tear us apart. He is an amazing player.

The second half, after the brawl, is really a non-event. The scoreline doesn't reflect the game at all, and the sellout crowd at Kogarah in Round 24 will be ready to give it to Riddell and the rest of the Parramatta players who decided to take the piss out of our boys when they raised their arm for Riddell's final kick.

Our forwards were dominant last night. Barrett played fantastically, but it showed how important a halfback is. When Hornby comes back, he will be invaluable. Perhaps he might even go to fullback, pushing Baz to halfback and moving Holdsworth up from PL, where he tore apart the Eels last night (who were coming first).

Oh well. Our Jersey Flegg boys recorded their 13th straight victory with a 32-30 win against the second placed Parramatta. We are now four points clear there. Premier League won 18-12 against first placed Parramatta. In first grade, we got thumped by second placed Parramatta on the scoreboard only.

Despite the fact that Hornby will return, I am still left with one sinking feeling...

No Matty Head, no premiership in 2005.

With him playing last night, Baz at five-eighth and Hornby at fullback, we would have leading by 30 after half an hour. Not 10.

EDIT: Also, it sucked not having Gaz there in attack. And it was plain stupid leaving Ben Creagh out of the side and keeping Corey Payne there.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Shuddup, Kim.

I'd like to see what would have happened if Tim Smith had copped the same hit to the head.

Fark, we need Hornby back for next week's match against Manly. Sheppard couldn't do anything in his debut, despite being decent enough.

While I can't be stuffed going through every screw up made by Mander and his buddies, I'll give you a few of the important ones:
  • Mander doesn't stop the play when the touch judge came in for the brawl. It is MANDATORY that as soon as a second official comes in, deeming the incident more important than the ball play, the game is stopped. Mander doesn't do this and lets play continue.
  • Mick Stone figures that Marsh didn't hit Barrett on the point of the chin. Leads directly to a try.
  • Hindmarsh knocks on when Dean Young is about to score. Knocks on twice in the act of picking it up, in fact. This is ignored, when we are five metres from the line and would have had a full set of six.
  • Ben Smith knocks on when he tackles Timmins. This is ignored, and Smith runs downfield to score.
  • All night, Mander gets the Dragons for not having markers straight. In the second half, Parramatta committed the same sin at LEAST five times. Not one penalty given, while the commentators hint at Mander's possible bias.

Once Smith scored the runaway, knock-on try, the match was over.

Congratulations to Parramatta, who showed in the first half that they deserve their second placing on the ladder. Despite playing shit for the first half hour, they managed to only be behind by 10, and then Dean Widders proceeded to tear us apart. He is an amazing player.

The second half, after the brawl, is really a non-event. The scoreline doesn't reflect the game at all, and the sellout crowd at Kogarah in Round 24 will be ready to give it to Riddell and the rest of the Parramatta players who decided to take the piss out of our boys when they raised their arm for Riddell's final kick.

Our forwards were dominant last night. Barrett played fantastically, but it showed how important a halfback is. When Hornby comes back, he will be invaluable. Perhaps he might even go to fullback, pushing Baz to halfback and moving Holdsworth up from PL, where he tore apart the Eels last night (who were coming first).

Oh well. Our Jersey Flegg boys recorded their 13th straight victory with a 32-30 win against the second placed Parramatta. We are now four points clear there. Premier League won 18-12 against first placed Parramatta. In first grade, we got thumped by second placed Parramatta on the scoreboard only.

Despite the fact that Hornby will return, I am still left with one sinking feeling...

No Matty Head, no premiership in 2005.

With him playing last night, Baz at five-eighth and Hornby at fullback, we would have leading by 30 after half an hour. Not 10.

EDIT: Also, it sucked not having Gaz there in attack. And it was plain stupid leaving Ben Creagh out of the side and keeping Corey Payne there.
i noticed withers was inside the 10 a few times and still made the tackle, but no penaly given, but dragons gave the game ot parra, they kept leaving the parra winger unmarked, when two dragons players came in, kept happening all night...

hornby wont be bac till the game against sharks in round 20

and yesterday was awesome, 2 brawls in 2games...premier league and first grade, lol, manu started it in premier leauge, he got sent off, with 2 parra players, it was good, lol.

Boo_

HSC
kimi said:

lol, what bout people who beat roosters...like the dragons did:)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Fucken hell Sharks! I hate being a Sharks supporter sometimes. Fucking cunts cant win a bloody game. We've got the Knights next week, and they'll kick us by 40 as well. We suck. Top 8 seems fucking hard to make now. Good luck to all your teams, except the Eels.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Boo_ said:
and yesterday was awesome, 2 brawls in 2games...premier league and first grade, lol, manu started it in premier leauge, he got sent off, with 2 parra players, it was good, lol.
mmm, i luv fights. :D Damn, so psd off i didnt go to witness them- i wanted to see Barett get bashed.

Boo_ said:
lol, what bout people who beat roosters...like the dragons did:)
bradley, did u read that essay i wrote you the day after that Anzac game? The one that outlined all the ref's fucken mistakes? well...read it again.

And at least we managed to beat the eels- you couldnt...so STFU. We're higher than you on the ladder now, and i dnt care if roosters lose this weekend [which they wont, cos theyre up against west tigers..pfft], im just glad dragons lost so that i can watch people like YOU suffer. :p

bookie said:
Fucken hell Sharks! I hate being a Sharks supporter sometimes. Fucking cunts cant win a bloody game. We've got the Knights next week, and they'll kick us by 40 as well. We suck. Top 8 seems fucking hard to make now. Good luck to all your teams, except the Eels.
lol, well at least u admit that u suck. :) Im psd cos i tipped them. It would be preety hard to beat knights i reckon- now that they regained confidence. But for Rabbitohs to beat sharks...hmm i predict a knights win this weekend over cowboys. If that can happen then anything could happen.

Last edited:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Loz#1 said:
Wow, never saw a Souths win coming.
dont think anyone did....once again my tipped get stuffed! :mad:

that premier league one was the best! it stated midfield and ended near the sidelines!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Loz#1 said:
Wow, never saw a Souths win coming.
You wouldn't believe how mnay Sharks fans like myself did see it coming. Theres little confidence among us. Knights this week. Fuck I hope we win. Bloody Johns just HAS to return at about this time. Then we have the Dragons in about the only year where all their origin stars are still intact.

Fuck. And we have no signings for next year;

OUT - Peach, Sully, Stevo, Galloway, Mellor, and most likely the whole Newtown Jets team;
IN - Darren Mapp (w00t!)

See yas later.

Boo_

HSC
kimi said:
mmm, i luv fights. :D Damn, so psd off i didnt go to witness them- i wanted to see Barett get bashed.

bradley, did u read that essay i wrote you the day after that Anzac game? The one that outlined all the ref's fucken mistakes? well...read it again.

And at least we managed to beat the eels- you couldnt...so STFU. We're higher than you on the ladder now, and i dnt care if roosters lose this weekend [which they wont, cos theyre up against west tigers..pfft], im just glad dragons lost so that i can watch people like YOU suffer. :p
lol, it was full of bs, so i tossed it, get over the ref's mistakes, cause yesterday, during the try scored during the brawl, the touch judge did run in, therfore no try. but there was a ref mistake, as well as with the not penalising of offside, u dnt see me make a huge deal about it, cause it wont change the score, so get over it...

um, who cares if u beat eels, u couldn't beat dragons. u know the two teams that actualy matter if us 2 are talking bout it roosters and dragons, dragons beat roosters.

and like i said before, no team is guranteed a win, just cause ur up against tigers, who are playing quite well (i want to see them in top 8:)). knights beat panthers, who every1 expected the knights to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)