• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_

HSC
shortygb said:
HAHAHAHAHA!! Barrett could get 2 weeks for the fight on friday!!:D :D :D
barret wont contest the charge, cause he would definately lose, he'll got early guilty plea, and then only miss one game. marsh will also enter an early guilty plea and not miss any games.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
He should get suspended for those dog shots. Marsh didn't even react when he got blindsided so well done to him. At least all the parra players came in a gave him what for.
Speaking of point-gap closing. Watch out bunnies that spoon ain't coming to the Castle

Boo_

HSC
Buggdogg said:
He should get suspended for those dog shots. Marsh didn't even react when he got blindsided so well done to him. At least all the parra players came in a gave him what for.
Speaking of point-gap closing. Watch out bunnies that spoon ain't coming to the Castle
he is getting suspended...

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I probably didn't emphasis that right, it was a point of agreeance as it "rightly so". None the less I reckon he should get longer. Danny Williams got suspended for 2 million games for his blindside shot. And obviously Barret's was not even close to that thuggery but it was still a punch thrown at PJ's head when he didn't know it was coming. I'd personally give him 2-3 weeks to think about it.

Boo_

HSC
Buggdogg said:
I probably didn't emphasis that right, it was a point of agreeance as it "rightly so". None the less I reckon he should get longer. Danny Williams got suspended for 2 million games for his blindside shot. And obviously Barret's was not even close to that thuggery but it was still a punch thrown at PJ's head when he didn't know it was coming. I'd personally give him 2-3 weeks to think about it.
the williams one was fully knocked the other guy out, barret is so unco that he barely hit marsh.

and marsh did go high on barrett, another factor that was taken into account

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
True and the comparison between williams and barrett is at the most basic level. Marsh's shot was unavoidable in the sense he couldn't pull out. And it wasn't his elbow that caught Barrett's face it was his hand/fist so Barrett overreacted a touch (although if someone did that to me I'd have probably gone after him too). If you were Nathan Brown though you would be pissed that that incident effectively ended the game for them. But then again they probably should have concentrated on stopping dean widders instead of brawlin' like rusty crowe.

Boo_

HSC
Buggdogg said:
True and the comparison between williams and barrett is at the most basic level. Marsh's shot was unavoidable in the sense he couldn't pull out. And it wasn't his elbow that caught Barrett's face it was his hand/fist so Barrett overreacted a touch (although if someone did that to me I'd have probably gone after him too). If you were Nathan Brown though you would be pissed that that incident effectively ended the game for them. But then again they probably should have concentrated on stopping dean widders instead of brawlin' like rusty crowe.
nah, parra were playing way better then dragons on the night, parra were always gonna win, but yeah, that incident allowed parra to pile on points.

and they shouldnt of had to stop widders, the touch judge next to the fight came onto the field, thus time should of been called off

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm Roosters sign Ashley Harrison, he's a good signing. Anasta to follow in the next 48 hours i would assume.

Boo_

HSC
yeah, i heard bout that, im certain anasta will go to sth sydney, only cause of family if ne thing else...

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
No way he'd go to souths. I think he'd rather be at the roosters (why is beyond me) and its almost guaranteed success at the roosters where as souths is a lot of hard work with a forward pack that's just lost its key memebr in Harrison. I hope Orford doesn't go to Manly. Someone should point out to him that HE ALREADY LEFT THERE. He got traded for Kimmorley. What sort of twit would go back there. I'm pissed off that Bell signed with them and that unfortunately means Orford will go to.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i think anasta going to souths will depend on who he has surrounding him next season. With Harrison gone(an origin bolter) and Luke Macdougal looking to go elsewhere it might deter anasta if hes in for more than just money, which seems to be the case.

Boo_

HSC
copious said:
i think anasta going to souths will depend on who he has surrounding him next season. With Harrison gone(an origin bolter) and Luke Macdougal looking to go elsewhere it might deter anasta if hes in for more than just money, which seems to be the case.
yeah, thatz true, but sths are looking to get a few good players, and with anasta's family ties with the club i reckon he'll go there, especially if sths can avoid the spoon

davo_

good kid
HSC
Buggdogg said:
More players are leaving souths than are signing so that's not a good endorsement.
If Anasta cared about family ties he wouldn't have left in the first place.
If he wanted to play in the NRL he didn't have a choice. Well I'm pretty sure Souths weren't in the comp. round the time he made his debut and all that... Still I can't see him going there really, I think he'd rather be in competitive team.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i've been overseas the whole season, i finally have acees to results, and omg! is it as close a season as i read? it looks like the table has been turned upside down (except souths!)
and could someone explain.... MANLY?!?!?!

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
davo_ said:
If he wanted to play in the NRL he didn't have a choice. Well I'm pretty sure Souths weren't in the comp. round the time he made his debut and all that... Still I can't see him going there really, I think he'd rather be in competitive team.
He played for souths back in the day, possibly just the juniors but the sticking point lies in that he said to george piggins he'd come back if souths got readmitted. They did. He didn't. End of story.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Dougie said:
i've been overseas the whole season, i finally have acees to results, and omg! is it as close a season as i read? it looks like the table has been turned upside down (except souths!)
and could someone explain.... MANLY?!?!?!
No one can explain Manly. If we could do that the tipping comp would be a whole lot easier. In a word there succes is due to Kennedy. Ben Kennedy. He plays hard and tough and helps any side.

Its a really even comp which shows that the salary cap is working but the Broncos are looking pretty good at the moment and every expects them to win it. Whether they do..well...that's another story.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)