• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if these broncos injuries recover by the cowboys match i think broncos have a great chance

J

jhakka

Meh, it was a long shot anyway. And the way we've been playing, Roosters would have just been making up numbers in the 8 had they have made it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
no expectations, no disappointments... never thought manly would lose to raiders even as shit as they are playing recently... canberra has been going even worse. we lost our spot weeks ago when we choked against panthers and rabbitohs. now if knights beat dragons by 50 something points raiders will get the spoon lol.

J

jhakka

blackfriday said:
wow it feels good to listen to rorters supporters saying that
Considering I'm being realistic and a good sport, is it too much to ask that you do the same and at least call my team by its actual name?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
I'm starting to understand why everyone hates Manly. Sort of. Why do people hate them?
Came from the 1990s. Same reason everyone hates the Roosters now.

They used to be the richest club in the league, and they would just buy the best players from other clubs.

Dad once described it to me as being so bad that they would buy players off other teams who made the Australian squad, but they could only find a spot on the bench or in the reserve grade side.

I'm not sure as to the validity of the statement, but that's what he told me.

The idea was to take the best players from other teams in order to weaken the comptetition and make it easier for Manly.

Thus, everyone hated them.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Ahh, the knights with the spoon, memories of last week at the stadium, one of the flower arrangments had a well positioned wooden spoon in it froim the kitchen, sooo amusin, one of the players took it out, walked down to theb kitchen and returned it, gotta love kitchen staff!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, you deserved the spoon. When you beat the Sharks, at least you know they wont bounce back next week [unless they're wearing retro jerseys :D]. They were always gonna lose.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Finals Week 1

Wests Tigers (4) vs (5) North Queensland Cowboys -- Friday, 8pm
Brisbane Broncos (3) vs (6) Melbourne Storm -- Saturday, 6.30pm
St George Illawarra Dragons (2) vs (7) Cronulla Sharks -- Saturday, 8.30pm
Parramatta Eels (1) vs (8) Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles -- Sunday, 4pm?

A couple of interesting matches there.

The two entertainers to kick it off on Friday night, followed by an EXACT repeat of 2004, where 3rd-placed Broncos host 6th-placed Storm.

Dragons and Sharks in the local derby on Saturday night, even though it's being played at the 'Gong.

Parramatta SHOULD smash Manly by 50, but any team coached by Brian Smith seems to come under Finals' wobbles. Still, they should win comfortably.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Cowboys v Tigers will be lame. Tigers have come to the form slump which was always gonna happen to a B-grade team like theirs. They might win this one, but only because the Cowboys are playing even shitter. Pretty boring Week One.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Wests Tigers (4) vs (5) North Queensland Cowboys -- Friday, 8pm
I'm pretty undecided. West tigers have kind of slumped, whilst the cowboys seem to be gaining a bit of confidence again. Tigers have a good home crowd.

If it was storm vs tigers, I'd tip storm after what happened last time. however, at queensland it's a different story. We'll have to see how many broncos come back from injury. I hope stormers will come through for me.

St George Illawarra Dragons (2) vs (7) Cronulla Sharks -- Saturday, 8.30pm
I wonder :p sharks suck

Parramatta Eels (1) vs (8) Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles -- Sunday, 4pm?
As above

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
If it was storm vs tigers, I'd tip storm after what happened last time. however, at queensland it's a different story. We'll have to see how many broncos come back from injury. I hope stormers will come through for me.
It's not a different story in Qld - Storm beat the Broncos this time last year at Suncorp. I've never really thought Suncorp holds much of an advantage for the Broncos, there's always a large portion of the crowd that supports the visiting team. Storm will win.

I think Tigers v Cowboys will be a great game. It'll be inetersting to see how the Tigers deal with finals football. That along with the Sharks and Manly getting beaten by 80 each will make for a great weekend.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
tigers cowboys will be electric, because im sure lots will come down from townsville to watch it. storm have a chance against the broncos, but if darren lockyer comes back, they could go all the way because the forward pack looked the goods against parra.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Im glad people are all saying the sharks will get flogged, that way we'll look even better when we only lose by 10 (or around that). Sharks and Dragons always has alot of feeling, and usually ends closer tha people think.

I will be pissed off if the sharkies exit the finals week one having played like shit, however, if they exit week one having put up a solid fight and played ok, i'll be happy. I know we got nothing going for us, except Retro jerseys and Stevo's and peachey's last games, but I would like to see us play well.

And Rob, feel free to quote me if we lose by 40, because i am fairly sure it wont happen. If we were playing someone else i would think it more possible, even though your Dragons are undoubtably the favourites for the competition.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Random_87 said:
Im glad people are all saying the sharks will get flogged, that way we'll look even better when we only lose by 10 (or around that). Sharks and Dragons always has alot of feeling, and usually ends closer tha people think.

I will be pissed off if the sharkies exit the finals week one having played like shit, however, if they exit week one having put up a solid fight and played ok, i'll be happy. I know we got nothing going for us, except Retro jerseys and Stevo's and peachey's last games, but I would like to see us play well.

And Rob, feel free to quote me if we lose by 40, because i am fairly sure it wont happen. If we were playing someone else i would think it more possible, even though your Dragons are undoubtably the favourites for the competition.
a loss is still a loss. I think it'll be about 14 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)