• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Never said that either... If anyone I follow the Raiders I spose, but much more of player than a supporter(by that I mean I don't strongly support any team, not I don't support the game - but have played the game since the age of bout 6). Feels free to bag the Raiders, I'm not that stronger supporter of them, just useda play with a fair few blokes who play in their lower grades, and plus I live in Canberra now..

Last edited:

*mel*

angelduck said:
ahh, Mel, did u expericence some swooning?
Hell yeah! :D

davo_ said:
Yeah, fair enough Ricko was a Roosters faithful, but he really wasn't THAT good.
He played for NSW and Australia... that's good enough for me!

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
Big whoop. Nutley made 43, 47 and 48 tackles in his last three games. He's older, fatter, shorter, and much more underrated than that Irish gob.
I'm not saying Ricketson wasn't a good player- but just that, he was made into a much greater player by blokes like Phil Gould... There are blokes like Nutley who were probably better players but never got all the recognition because they never played for the Roosters...

*mel*

Hey what exactly is Mad Monday? Matty and Andrew Johns were talking about it on the Footy Show last week and I've never heard of it before. Do they just all go and get drunk?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Dally M Awards tonight...who do you reckon will get the medal? I have no effing clue- Buderus won't get it again because he was injuried beginning of season, and no Andrew Johns cos the same thing happened to him. Hmmm, Hindmarsh? I have no clue, but im preety damn sure Tim Smith will walk away with Rookie of the Year. Damn Straight... im gonna make sure i watch it.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Dally M should gpo to the Peach, instead it could go to Jonathon Thurston. Thats who i think will win.... but the Peach deffinately deserves it :D :p because its hard to play well week in, week out in a shit team... maybe if he was at the dragons he would get more recognition..... but thank god he'd never do that :D

..... but seriously, the peach deffinately wouldnt get it, but I think its gotta be Thurston, he really was good for the Cowboys.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
kimi said:
Dally M Awards tonight...who do you reckon will get the medal? I have no effing clue- Buderus won't get it again because he was injuried beginning of season, and no Andrew Johns cos the same thing happened to him. Hmmm, Hindmarsh? I have no clue, but im preety damn sure Tim Smith will walk away with Rookie of the Year. Damn Straight... im gonna make sure i watch it.
You don't really have a clue, do you? Andrew Johns will get it. No fucking doubt about it.

Random 87 said:
Dally M should gpo to the Peach, instead it could go to Jonathon Thurston. Thats who i think will win.... but the Peach deffinately deserves it because its hard to play well week in, week out in a shit team... maybe if he was at the dragons he would get more recognition..... but thank god he'd never do that

..... but seriously, the peach deffinately wouldnt get it, but I think its gotta be Thurston, he really was good for the Cowboys.
Mate, I just bought the new edition of No Idea, and the cover story is about you.

Jonathan Thurston has done less the Kimmorley at the Sharks. They both played good before origin, and fucked up after. Remmeber the Johns rule; 1 point for being contracted, 2 points for turning up at the stadium, and 3 points for playing.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Ok, well i didnt say that he would deffinately get it, i just thought he played pretty well for most of the season. I havent seen the cowboys play in ages, so i was unaware of his form slide.

But still, no way can Johns get it! He wont even be there. And he was shit at the start, he even admitted he was playing the worst footy of his career. Surely he wont get it.

So if Thurston really went that bad in the 2nd part of the season, then i'd say Hindmarsh stands a good chance.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well, I know Hindmarsh will get 2nd rower and Luke Bailey prop of the year, even though those two awards should go to Gallen and Nutley. Shame.

The main awards between; Johns, Prince, Kennedy.

Man, three Sharks have won it, and we've got no premierships. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)