• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Yeh i reckon Andrew Johns would get it.... he'd be getting 3 pts practically every match for the past 2 monhs or so, even when knights lose, he'd still get 1 or 2 pts, like last weeks game.
that should be enough i reckon, despite him missing half of the season.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Count after round 20:
Kennedy 22
Thurston 22
Prince 20
Jones 16
Johns 16
Watmough 15
Webcke 15
Orford 14
Anasta 13
Slater 13

This was after Kennedy was on 20 and Joey wasn't even on the list 4 rounds ago ...

HEREEEEEEEEE COMES JOEY!!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Holy. Mercible. Crap.

Thurston won. He's played shitter than Kimmorley all year, as I mentioned above. Bloody joke. I mean, I'm happy that a Queenslander won it and all, but Thurston? Lame. At least when Preston won it, he deserved it.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
thurstan 32
johns 31
kennedy 27

ooo 1 point... that was a surprise.

edit: well cowboys won more than the sharks, more wins = more chance at gaining points... except for maybe johns.

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
wow jonno thurston. only one captain tipped him to get it, it was lockyer if i remember correctly.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Awards:
FullBack: Hodgson
Winger: Grothe
Centre: Gasnier
5/8: Anasta (what a joke!)
1/2: Thurston - Dally M
Lock: Kennedy
2nd Row: Hindmarsh
Prop: Bailey
Hooker: Buderus
Rookie: Tim Smiths
Coash: Sheens
Captain: Prince (wonder if he'll get stripped of the captaincy anymore)
Rep Player: Johns
Provan-Summons Award: Hindmarsh

How did anasta get 5/8 instead of jason smith, lockyer, marshall (though he's got his work cut out by being in the same team as prince and hodgson) or even barrett and sutton (ok maybe not that far down ... but dont think he deserved it)

edit: haha though i probably should be less harsh to anasta as he comes over next year... actually I can see the conspiracy theorists brewing their theories already.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
JOKES;

1. Anasta - anothe Rorter in the making getting prizified.
2. Bailey. Fuck me freddy. At least Janet didnt get it.
3. Prince did jack as captain.
4. Hindmarsh as Provan Summons, yes, he is in fact one of the good overrated players, but what happned to the worldwide plan of voting for Luke Covell?

And you missed Dykes and Campbell on your list of 5-8ths.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
Holy. Mercible. Crap.

Thurston won. He's played shitter than Kimmorley all year, as I mentioned above. Bloody joke. I mean, I'm happy that a Queenslander won it and all, but Thurston? Lame. At least when Preston won it, he deserved it.
Do you watch and understand the game of rugby league?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
And i was the only one to tip Thurston :D God im good :D

On the cover of no idea weekly aye bookie? yeah, whatever...

I was right Thurston was good this year. I listened to alot on Radio and watched almost all televised games this year so i figured he would stand a good chance, but then again, you never know with the shitty radio commentators. They pick afvourites and tend to hate the sharkies, and that makes them even more frustrating to listen to. Not to mention the amount of times they will rip a "did you see that?" or "Have a look at that!" Cmon you idiots! its radio!!!....frustrating :(

But good on Thurston, glad it wasnt Johns.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Good job Thursty, im glad he got it.

Im not happy Anasta got 5/8th of the year, he played crap after june 30.

Prince captain of the year? I think Johns wouldve been a better option

and Asotasi shouldve got prop of the year, he's the reason we didnt get the spoon

*mel*

Ohhh no!! I missed the Dally Ms. I wasn't home all last night :( but was it even on TV? So Thurston won? Who else won the other awards?

vwola

HSC
Tim Smith - Rookie of the Year
Andrew Johns - Rep. player of the year

that's all i heard

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Warren Ryans system is good, but it'll never happen.

the Bookie Awards;

Fullback - Hodgson
Wing - Grothe
Centre - Cooper
Five-Eighth - J Smith
Halfback - Prince
Lock - Gallen/Kennedy
2nd Row - Gallen/Kennedy
Prop - Nutley/Asotasi
Hooker - Not Buderus. Hard one. Piggy possibly.

Captain - Johns
Rep - Johns
Coach - Sheens

Peoples Award; Covell (can you people imagine what it would be like if Covell won?)

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yes, i can imagine Covell winning. But i think it would lead to similar scenes to that of New Orleans at the moment. Men running wild looting and fighting everywhere, women hiding from Rapists and children being protected from molestors... somehow I think this might be the way the rugby league world would revolt, Covell is a bity of a joke as your joke shows, but i digress, no way in hell could Covell ever get that award.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Yes he could. All we need is to spread the word. Say we could get 200 people on BoS to do so. About 200 on other online forums. Another 200 at school. Thats about 600 people. Now if we add about 100 through each person on average [say, 15-20 people], we can get another 2000. Now, only about 40000 vote. So if we can get 2000 people to vote for Covell, we have a good start. Plus add people from League Unlimited, who have tried to vote for Covell [another 200]. Get the WoRL guys on board [another 200], then just put it up on the big screen at Shark Park [VOTE 1: LUKE COVELL]. And we can have evryone voting Covell :D

nicksta_40

HSC
My awards:

Fullback - Minichello
Wing - Grothe/tahu
Centre - Cooper/tahu
Five-Eighth - Barrett
Halfback - Prince
Lock - Kennedy/Creagh
2nd Row - Menzies
Prop - Bailey by a mile!
Hooker - Piggy did play well, for his whole 30mins each game b4 his fatpigness sets in

Captain - Johns
Rep - Johns
Coach - Sheens

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Yes he could. All we need is to spread the word. Say we could get 200 people on BoS to do so. About 200 on other online forums. Another 200 at school. Thats about 600 people. Now if we add about 100 through each person on average [say, 15-20 people], we can get another 2000. Now, only about 40000 vote. So if we can get 2000 people to vote for Covell, we have a good start. Plus add people from League Unlimited, who have tried to vote for Covell [another 200]. Get the WoRL guys on board [another 200], then just put it up on the big screen at Shark Park [VOTE 1: LUKE COVELL]. And we can have evryone voting Covell :D
It seems you have thought this through very well, just explain to me why it has to be luke Covell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)