• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonazi

yeh i dont think that there is any doubt about williams bein out for a while. i dont even think any english club will want to sign him next year either, so it looks like his career has gone bye byes.

the raiders have signed david and michael howell for next season. david is a back rower and michael a wing or centre, so it looks like they have signed these guys to slot straight into the vacated spots left by wiki and monoghan.

the storm have also signed bulldogs forward dennis scott. the doggies r gonna be a bit light in the forward pack next year, with three players anouncing their transfer to other clubs.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
williams has very slim chances of playing football again basically.

how many players are the dogs losing?

nerd2die4

HSC
Hutch maivia is coming to the sharks and what a disgrace that is. i dont rate him at all. he is a 28 year old forward with hardly any first grade experience.

T

timbk2

Price is the only big loss.. they still have 3 origin forwards in Ryan, O'Meley and Mason.

and they got some good forwards coming through the ranks like matua, sonny-bill williams and roy asotasi, who've all had some good experience coming off the bench this year.

I agree... Hutch maiva is old and useless .. i got no idea where and why the bulldogs got him from in the first place.

nerd2die4

HSC
I think maiva is from new zealand. the bigger question is why in the world did the sharks buy him? the last New zealand forward the sharks bought from new zealand was Jason williams, though unfortunatley he was a mungral both on and off the field and landed himself in jail.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
the williams incident got a bit more interesting when some former kangaroo doctor saying that he does have a point with his "concussions makes you more agressive" excuse

nerd2die4

HSC
pfft thats stupid. soon players can use the 'my undies are too tight' excuse for a stupid brain snap. the judiciary has always been a farce, and if williams gets a lighter sentence because of his 'concussion' would just show how ridiculous the judiciary really is, and that it will continue to be that way.

neonazi

how long was greg bird's suspension when he kneed that souths fella in da head? i cant remember how much he got for that, but williams should get at least 2-4 more weeks out than bird did.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
he got 10 weeks i think. but yeah, williams deserves alot more.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Loz#1 said:
he got 10 weeks i think. but yeah, williams deserves alot more.
Is that it?

Someone told me last week or this week that someone who hit darryl brohman (that really big funny guy) in a similar situation apparently got 18 months...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
nerd2die4 said:
pfft thats stupid. soon players can use the 'my undies are too tight' excuse for a stupid brain snap. the judiciary has always been a farce, and if williams gets a lighter sentence because of his 'concussion' would just show how ridiculous the judiciary really is, and that it will continue to be that way.
theres no doubt that williams deserves a lengthy sentence, but this doctor is respected and has no interest with the storm, so if he can prove that concussions make people more agressive to the judiciary than they should take that on board. im not saying that williams deserves a light sentence, all im saying is that the judiciary should take expert opinion into account rather than bow down to the public and the media who know nothing about medicine

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Misturi said:
Is that it?

Someone told me last week or this week that someone who hit darryl brohman (that really big funny guy) in a similar situation apparently got 18 months...

I was talking about greg bird from the sharks.

neonazi

i think bird had a similar brain explosion to that of williams, but the williams incident was worse. so i think if bird got 10 weeks, then williams should get at least 14.

nerd2die4

HSC
he should get more than 14. birds was the softest hit in the history of league. bird deserved his suspension, but marteene didnt even bruise, the tigers player fractured his cheeckbone. disgraceful act.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I've gotten four out of four so far. I am quite impressed with that, seeing as though I'm a shit tipster.

neonazi

fuk fukedy fuk fuk fuk!!!!!!!! the bloody knights lsot in golden point. i am utterly depressed now. two weeks in a row we lose by so closeness. i got six from seven this week so im happy about that. but the bloody knights.

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah i heard michael hagan is going to introduce a new thing at training to kennedy and the boys, hands.

in other news alex chan from melbourne is the only player to be charged by the judiciary this week. which means vagana leaves the judiciary without a suspension, this is not good news for the sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)