• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Post trials atar estimate (1 Viewer)

Rivayne

HSC
School rank 212

Chemistry 10:17 (strong top 11)
Physics 11/21 (ranks 1,2,3 are very high, 4-12 are very close 3% in asses mark overall) <- That makes a difference?
Maths 2u (15/34)
Business (19/61) ( i hope i can pull off a high 80s/low 90s raw mark in the test) (got 81 in trial)
Standard english ( 40/110 ) (Trying to work my way up to a mid 80/105 mark) ( recently got 71 in trial)

Aiming to get 80+ atar (prefererably 85) so i can get into UWS B Medical Science (Advanced)

(also if any1 does UWS B Medical Science (Advanced), what is the minimum atar they will let in (is it highly demanded so will i HAVE to meet the cut off of 85+ 5 bonus marks?), or are the 2nd round offers given to people e.g 81 atar + 5 bonus marks) - possibly get in?

Thanks alot guys, hope it all made sense

Last edited:

Rivayne

HSC
ty, say i get marks that will normally get me a 90 atar in the hsc exams, then with this "76", will it go to around 80-85? Or will i have to perform really well, like maybe all high band 5's or low band 6's in my external (really pointless in asking, because im going to do try to do my best either way), just curious on how it works

HSC
I am going to try and get into med the following year
It's very competitive. A lot of people who do medical science try to transfer to med. you need to get like extraordinary marks and have so much extracurricular to probably even have a chance. It's very competitive

Rivayne

HSC
It's very competitive. A lot of people who do medical science try to transfer to med. you need to get like extraordinary marks and have so much extracurricular to probably even have a chance. It's very competitive
is it possible to get in with good marks + a really good umat? @ UWS

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
youre probably looking ~ 80

Anyway I suggest you don't take the Advanced Med Sci @ UWS pathway because they have cancelled it.
I believe the lowest cutoffs they took into the Advanced cohort was around 80-81.

HSC

Anyway I suggest you don't take the Advanced Med Sci @ UWS pathway because they have cancelled it.
I believe the lowest cutoffs they took into the Advanced cohort was around 80-81.
It's too hard to get into med, through medical science

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Mate it's hard with any degree. But yeah, competition is insanely high, I don't even wanna think about how it is in UNSW.
all asians competing for it. There was this one guy transferring from 2nd year law because he (or she) was that dedicated

HSC
Do asians even do med because they like it? I swear most of them probably do it for the rep and money

Rivayne

HSC

What do you mean they cancelled it?
What about people that are currently doing the course o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)