• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Presso night (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
Whose school is having a presentation night really soon? Ours is on Thursday. Apparently it's heaps boring, but I'm just cheery at the thought of getting awards. Who else here is going?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
elisabeth said:
Whose school is having a presentation night really soon? Ours is on Thursday. Apparently it's heaps boring, but I'm just cheery at the thought of getting awards. Who else here is going?
I had mine as part of speech day. Getting awards and leadership things makes it less boring. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
We have ours during the day. Next Wednesday to be specific.

I'm being dragged back to school for an award though :(

Kulazzi

HSC
ours is on friday. so yeah, it'll most probably be borng with the principal giving her usual 10 min long speech :-|

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Ours is next Wednesday afternoon, in the place of sport. I'm vice captain so I have to run it. I'm getting a few awards so that should make the ugly ugly speeches a little more bearable.

mishka

HSC
N/A
ours is on monday 13th dec. yay!! i like presentation nights, but sometimes they can be long-winded and have a high yawn factor.

Xayma said:
I'm being dragged back to school for an award though :(
oh you poor thing!! :p ;)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ours is tomorrow morning... yay another hour long speech by our crappy principal..

HSC
Just got back from mine then, from 6pm to 9pm...i was hosting and got awards so yeah, that made it more interesting :) our principal talked forever but it was forgiven coz it was his last speech before he leaves us...haha a painting of him was revealed as a farewell gift on the stage and all eyes were on it for the rest of the night. Don't think anyone was interested in what i or anyone had to say :rolleyes:

HSC
Ours is Monday 13th, dingy thing in our school hall with heaps of old people and "important" people with heaps of money. I hate them cos you gotta tuck in those bloody shirts and wear a skirt. Our skirt is brown checkered. I hate skirts!!!!!! ;)

elisabeth

HSC
demonduckofdoom said:
Ours is Monday 13th, dingy thing in our school hall with heaps of old people and "important" people with heaps of money. I hate them cos you gotta tuck in those bloody shirts and wear a skirt. Our skirt is brown checkered. I hate skirts!!!!!! ;)
Ours is tonight... apparently we're all meant to wear skirts, but nobody specifically nagged me. Just as well, because there's no way in hell I'm wearing mine.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Ours is this tuesday coming. Do you get vouchers and other prizes with your awards? Last year our school gave out hmm i think $15 book vouchers for a "first" in a subject.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
hey archangel leila... lucky it wasnt you who tripped over the crystal ball :rolleyes:

good job presenting, miss captain. btw ill message you sometime in the hols for a party at my house.

elisabeth

HSC
fi_babezy said:
Ours is this tuesday coming. Do you get vouchers and other prizes with your awards? Last year our school gave out hmm i think $15 book vouchers for a "first" in a subject.
Damn, that'd be cool. I would've got $60! But I can't really complain, since with some of our special awards came book vouchers. I got a $30 one, which will probably end up going on revision guides. I don't think our school could afford that though, we have like 45 subjects for year 11...

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Our everyone-gets-an-award day was this morning. Got 3, one for maths, one principals award and a Credit for a Uni course that we did.

Our actual presentation night is on Tuesday, getting 2 school service awards and one of the special awards they give out first, something about sharing of talent or something. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

astro

HSC
we had ours today... we had two rehearsals for it...
it was overall, pretty boring....
For some reason the captains from another school were present and they gave awards too....

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i got 3 1st in class awards and some big award from the newcastle uni for ipt.. overall a pretty boring event though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)