• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rudd Immigration Plan: A Cultural Divide? (1 Viewer)

Should the Rudd immigration plan be adapted?

• No, it should remain the same. It is after all quite reasonable in its objectives.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Yes, the number of immigrants should be decreased substantially.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Yes, the number of immigrants should be increased substantially.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I don't know. I don't mind either way.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Freakin600

HSC
immigrants would bring new workers and different forms of work to Australia.
They'll open up shops and whatevers and they'll need people to work for them as well, so they'll either hire australians or other immigrants. it's a win win situation.

They'll also bring new culture to Australia which, considering we're already pretty multicultural already, i don't really think it's going to negatively affect anyone unless they're racist idiots who are scared of people like muslims or something because i mean CLEARLY every single muslim in the world is a terrorist and is out to kill us.

And if people want to come to Australia badly enough, they'll eventually start moving further in land and start developing towns like coober pedy etc.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
the ramifications of immigrants moving inland would expose the ignorant, racist and stupid.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i think Rudd's main priority in the short term (with the global economic crisis) should be:
  • bringing skilled workers (carpenters, construction,etc.) to help build the new infrastructure projects that is needed, and fix the current bottlenecks.
  • bringing more people with professional skills (e.g doctors, pharmacists, medical background, teaching etc.) to work in Australia. without a doubt there are shortages in the area of education & health, so retrain them or update their skills if necessary.
  • entice more migrants, who want to establish their business here.
1) by building the infrastructure, we will be able to use its services, which in turn will stimulate the economy.
2) a good education = qualification/s = employment = producing goods or services = economic growth

MY CONCERN:
if more and more people move to Sydney, it will furthermore add more pressure on current infrastructure and hence it will bottleneck the current system even more.
more people in Sydney =
- more traffic congestion
- more people on the current crappy public transport system
- more pressure on hospitals
- more pressure on schools
etc....

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
reminds me of a scene in Black Hawk Down

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
Says who?
Fuck off. You're the same guy who thinks the Large Hadron Collider is evil and that Obama is a terrorist.

Moron.

impervious182

HSC
Trefoil said:
Fuck off. You're the same guy who thinks the Large Hadron Collider is evil and that Obama is a terrorist.

Moron.
Both taken out of context and overly simplified. I neither said Obama was a terrorist or that the Hadron Collider was evil, nor inferred either.

HSC
d3vilz said:
i think Rudd's main priority in the short term (with the global economic crisis) should be:
  • bringing skilled workers (carpenters, construction,etc.) to help build the new infrastructure projects that is needed, and fix the current bottlenecks.
  • bringing more people with professional skills (e.g doctors, pharmacists, medical background, teaching etc.) to work in Australia. without a doubt there are shortages in the area of education & health, so retrain them or update their skills if necessary.
1) by building the infrastructure, we will be able to use its services, which in turn will stimulate the economy.
2) a good education = qualification/s = employment = producing goods or services = economic growth

MY CONCERN:
if more and more people move to Sydney, it will furthermore add more pressure on current infrastructure and hence it will bottleneck the current system even more.
more people in Sydney =
etc....

They're not moving to sydney because their middle east 'camel dollars' aren't worth squat. They can't afford houses in Sydney.

We've successfully ghettoised sydney to the a) Heavily indebted and b) Intelligent pragmatic individuals who manage money.

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Both taken out of context and overly simplified. I neither said Obama was a terrorist or that the Hadron Collider was evil, nor inferred either.
Yeah you said Obama was pally with terrorists and loved America's death and you posted utterly unfounded retarded shit about the LHC.

All you've proven is that you can't use google or evaluate sources.

Good luck in life.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
Yes you did[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Done. Was busy testing Quake 4 on Ubuntu (awesome).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
d3vilz said:

MY CONCERN:
more people in Sydney =
etc....

You dont increase immigration in tough economic times - you wind it back. If there are jobless 'Australians' they will resent having to compete for jobs with highly skilled immigrants, and then something like Hansonism or the White Australia policy kicks in again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)