• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by SKA
thats ok.. people have their different opinions....
i dont take it seriously.. but when peoples comebacks are ...'your a moron' that just shits me coz its not a reason
i didnt call you a moron but i was just unable to find any other example. i know this must be a pain for you, but please try

Iunny

Well can I just add an example then, to give another view into this subject?

Naturally parents are of a Man and a Woman, and since it has been like that since the beginning of time (minus a few discrepancies), not to mention animals insects etc. So there must be some important reason why parents with a man and a woman is better for the child.

And pls, if you think its stupid, give some reason for why its stupid, don't flame, we are DEBATING right?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
the only reason we think it's 'right' for a man and a woman to bring up a child is because society has taught us this; simply it's a social stigma. in my view, i see the best type of parents as parents who love their children unconditionally, and who care for their health and future. and who says that gay people can't do that?

all this crap about "but oh if it's a girl she won't be able to talk about tampons and periods with her mother", um well that's just ludicrous, how many of you girls talked about periods with your mother? there is sex ed in primary school these days and most girls have friends they can talk to about it, or at the very least school counsellors.

the only reason gay parents are generally not overwhelmingly accepted by society is because society has deemed it unacceptable. but i think we have to ask ourselves why it is unacceptable.. i for one cannot think of a reason.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Finally, two consecutive posts that discuss the issue...

I posted something similar to johnson's view long ago. I cannot see how biological conditions will determine how a child is nutured by its parents.

As for reasons, Iunny... The middle class family ideal that holds sway today emerged during Queen Victoria's time (ie the 19th century). Before that, if I am not mistaken, 'families' existed to support the parents, not to nuture the children. So from that we can assume that the idea of a family has changed at least once, and for the better most would argue, so why can it not change once again?
(That's only one reason of many, but I could also go into details with pack relationships amongst animals, insects being left to fend for themselves at birth, etc. Maybe you should leave the argument at the human level :p).

Edit: I have been visiting this thread every so often in the hope that a proper discussion would reemerge from the depths of stupidity that it had reached some time ago... Perhaps the thread could now be left to the topic at hand?

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
But the topic has changed from "same-sex marriage" to assuming same-sex people are allowed to marry should they be able to have children.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
You get paid out cause people dont agree with ya - just dont take it too seriously!! ps I dont agree was ya on this issue!!
No, she gets paid out because her "opinions" were not backed up, even when she was asked to give more examples. It's called clutching at straws and by arguing nothing it made her look like an idiot.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
No, she gets paid out because her "opinions" were not backed up, even when she was asked to give more examples. It's called clutching at straws and by arguing nothing it made her look like an idiot.
People are so judgemental these days!!

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by Iunny

So there must be some important reason why parents with a man and a woman is better for the child.
what about single parents?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
People are so judgemental these days!!
No, people rather intelligence over blatant ignorance and stupidity.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Wait I think I understand now, SKA's other examples was the same argument being repeated over and over.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
okay... you people asked for it... also done a lil research to help me n this is what i think.

1. almost everyone agrees that homosexuality is immoral

2. homosexaulity activity is a capital offence in the bible

3.marriage has always been between one man n one woman

4.children should be raised by their biological parents if possible

5. homosexual couples who conceieve a child are not doing it on their own .. they are tampering with nature.

6.hatred towards homosexuals would spread to the child

7.children raised by homosexual parents are more likely to become homosexual themselves

8.children are more likely to have a low self-esteem

9.children are more likely to experience behavioural and social maladjustment

10. children are more likely to be teased or bullied

11. their gender development can be affected

12. and according to some research, children from homosexual couples percieve themselves as less intellectually and physically competent

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)