• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
over heard of a little something called IVF?

i would much prefer to have two mothers who loved each other than one mother and a father who wouldnt even want to know me, which is what a lot of kids of today have (and vice versa)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Alexander
I havent really seen evidence to prove that homosexual couples fundementally base their relationships on anything but sexual desire.
so what, because hetro couples have sex for both pleasure and procreation, their relationship is suddenly so much more meaningful than homosexual couples who can only have sex for pleasure?
i cant believe anyone thinks that two people of the same gender love each other less than two people of opposite genders

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Under that crap? If the family is loving, what difference does it make? And the mother is nurturing and the father is practical? We're not living in the 1920's and what not.

And ska, if people are rude and narrow-minded enough to laugh at a child's family unit obviously the child can do without them.

sorry to say it... but like some people are rude n narrow-minded... its out there.. its happening.

n what i mean by a child needs both mum n dad...

well they teach diffferent things.. like if ur a gurl.. for eg. its like u need mum sometimes to talk about gurl things like periods n stuff u know... like imagine having two dads n stuff...
u know what i mean?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
I...sadly agree with SKA. It undermines the family unit. To be mentally healthy a child needs Mumma and Papa, the ying and the yang. The mother is the nurturing influence, the father is the practical influence. It simply isnt fair to bring a human being into the world under that crap, maybe later on in their life, but not right at birth. Huge ethical question....not to mention the fact of one partner being unrelated to the child and the absence of the biological mother/father.
I havent really seen evidence to prove that homosexual couples fundementally base their relationships on anything but sexual desire.

well, that's funny, because I know many families where the mother is an abusive bitch, and the father gets nothing done, and anything that undermines all the sweeping fucking generalisations you just made.

I have a newflash for you: most hetereosexual relationships start out based on sexual desire, too! It's called hormones and the natural order!

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
over heard of a little something called IVF?

i would much prefer to have two mothers who loved each other than one mother and a father who wouldnt even want to know me, which is what a lot of kids of today have (and vice versa)

ivf isnt right...unless its for reasons like some1 has trouble getting pregnant

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

well they teach diffferent things.. like if ur a gurl.. for eg. its like u need mum sometimes to talk about gurl things like periods n stuff u know... like imagine having two dads n stuff...
u know what i mean?
What happens to children who have lost parents utterly by will of a higher power? They aren't being brought up under a conventional family structure, but they turn out "normal" right?

And you know what, if a gay couple feels they can handle the responsibility of a child, and that means telling their daughter about what they'll experience, then by all means, go ahead.

And how is IVF not right? What about couples who can't have children? Do they just have to accept that? And yes I saw what you originally posted so don't change your argument now.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
sorry to say it... but like some people are rude n narrow-minded... its out there.. its happening.

u know what i mean?

There are more influences and role models in a child's life than the parents, you know. I don't know how sheltered *you* were, but everything I learnt, I did not learn solely from my parents.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
A

What happens to children who have lost parents utterly by will of a higher power? They aren't being brought up under a conventional family structure, but they turn out "normal" right?

And you know what, if a gay couple feels they can handle the responsibility of a child, and that means telling their daughter about what they'll experience, then by all means, go ahead.

thats a completely different situation!!!!

sometimes kids cant always have both parents coz they are divorced or dead even.... in cases like that it cant be helped.. but kids have a tendency to have a more agressive attitude to life bcoz of it.. cause they dont have that loving, NORMAL family that most kids do have

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
You changed your fucking argument!

What the fuck is normal? How can you define normal in a world full of billions of people?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
thats a completely different situation!!!!

sometimes kids cant always have both parents coz they are divorced or dead even.... in cases like that it cant be helped.. but kids have a tendency to have a more agressive attitude to life bcoz of it.. cause they dont have that loving, NORMAL family that most kids do have

with divorce rates as high as they are, and the loss of the social stigma towards illegitmacy, a lot of kids don't have the NORMAL family you're preaching.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
with divorce rates as high as they are, and the loss of the social stigma towards illegitmacy, a lot of kids don't have the NORMAL family you're preaching.
Thank you glycerine.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
You changed your fucking argument!

What the fuck is normal? How can you define normal in a world full of billions of people?

normal.. a family that has both mum and dad... or atleast tryed to have mum and dad....
like if people are inclined that way as in .. they wanna be homo's then dont dragg some poor kids throu the mud.... they might be proud of their sexuality,.. n i applaude them for that but when it comes to kids.. i think they will just suffer

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Thank you glycerine.
yeh.. but everything is done in their power to stop it!
its not intentional.....
eg.. u dont get married and have kids with the intention to get divorced n therefore hurt the kids.
but if ur gay... thats hurting the kids when they know they will be hurt

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
That isn't normal. That's conventional and even that isn't as common as it used to be.

Gay people don't start families to drag them through the mud, they start families to love just like anyone else.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
normal.. a family that has both mum and dad... or atleast tryed to have mum and dad....
like if people are inclined that way as in .. they wanna be homo's then dont dragg some poor kids throu the mud.... they might be proud of their sexuality,.. n i applaude them for that but when it comes to kids.. i think they will just suffer

Oh fuck you, I don't know why I'm bothering arguing with you. I could deal with zealous christian girl, she at least had faith and biblical reasoning to back her up. All you have is "what if"s and generalisations based on your naive world view, which does not take into account our ever changing social climate and family structures. Homosexuality is not something you "drag someone into", it's an intrinsic part of who you are and should NOT stop you from enjoying the same opportunities as heterosexuals.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
im not saying gay people are incapable of love.... im just saying,.. if they choose to be that way .. then good on them... but dont drag kids into it.
homos cop shit for being gay but they dont care coz they are proud of it.
are kids gonna be proud of their parents being gay?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)