• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Your opinion on same-sex marriage:

• For it

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • For "civil uniuons"

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Against it

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
yes... keyword YOU
which equals ME
yes i am stating MY opinion.. that is all??
Yes, and we wind our way back down the long perilous road, WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR OPINION BASED ON?!

Originally posted by neeja
you can state your opinions, but do not press them upon others otherwise you are invading the privacy of their minds and that makes you the

http://members.iinet.net.au/~neeja/calvin-thoughtpolice.jpg

this goes for all of you people who continue to argue on this moronic point about choice
Meh. Those who don't attempt to press though, but attempt to open to both sides are those fighting for the right...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
i know i was being a smartass.
i aint trying to prove no 1 wrong!.. thats ur opinion n this what im telling u .. is mine.

but u know what.. i would just hate to be one of those kids...
hmmm what about u..do u think it would be 'cool' to have homosexual parents?
And you know what, they'd probably hate you, but being the ignoramus you are, I guess you really don't care right?

I'm not going to tell you to change your opinion but I would seriously reconsider the facts next time you step into a full-blown debate.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
i aint trying to prove no 1 wrong!.. thats ur opinion n this what im telling u .. is mine.

what *I* want isn't the point. I personally wouldn't want to be the result of a rape, but some people deal with it perfectly well in the end. my point is, you shouldn't govern what people can do because YOU think it might not be the easiest way to grow up. Neither is growing up a vegetable, should we make termination compulsory for pregnant women who are going to give birth to them?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
well... anyway i think its one of those issues that will neva be resolved coz everyone thinks differently n therefore there can neva be a conclusion.

just like how the judge legalised gay marriages in some part of america.,. cant remember where now.... some people argree with that.. n others dont

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
Originally posted by Protector
Yes, and we wind our way back down the long perilous road, WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR OPINION BASED ON?!

Meh. Those who don't attempt to press though, but attempt to open to both sides are those fighting for the right...
good little dude...you hit the nail on the head

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

I know a kid with homosexual parents. And he thinks its cool. Hes one of the nicest guys I know (NOTE I HAD TO REPEAT THIS). I'm just pointing out your base argument is flawed... some of them think it is, because they find it acceptable, others have taken society's view. If society's view was different, they'd be happier.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
what *I* want isn't the point. I personally wouldn't want to be the result of a rape, but some people deal with it perfectly well in the end. my point is, you shouldn't govern what people can do because YOU think it might not be the easiest way to grow up. Neither is growing up a vegetable, should we make termination compulsory for pregnant women who are going to give birth to them?
well the issue wasnt rape. it was having homosexual parents.... n u know what they say.. 'do onto others as u would like to have dont unto u!' right?

so if u wouldnt like to have gay parents ... why say that its ok for homosexual couples to have children togehter

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
well the issue wasnt rape. it was having homosexual parents.... n u know what they say.. 'do onto others as u would like to have dont unto u!' right?

so if u wouldnt like to have gay parents ... why say that its ok for homosexual couples to have children togehter
Were you deprived of oxygen at birth?

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
well... anyway i think its one of those issues that will neva be resolved coz everyone thinks differently n therefore there can neva be a conclusion.

just like how the judge legalised gay marriages in some part of america.,. cant remember where now.... some people argree with that.. n others dont
San Francisco = Gay Marriage Good

It can be resolved if we just allow it and let it come into the open. The Greeks managed, and they're considered primitive in some circles.

good little dude...you hit the nail on the head
You'd have to be a pretty big retard to hit it on the other end :p (though I know some people have/are... ;))

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

I have to go with Loz, and also repeat what I said before: do you suffer some mild form of down syndrome?

I *never said* that I would want to / wouldn't want to have homosexual parents. I said that what *I* want isn't the issue. Personally, I've grown up with a fairly typical family structure, so yeah, it might seem a little weird to me to be suddenly thrust into that situation. It would also seem strange to me to have divorced parents at first, because I'M NOT USED TO THAT.

My point with the rape argument, was that there are many kinds of family structures that are considered unorthodox, and in some cases, unfair on the child. So again: should a pregnant woman, knowing she's going to have a severely disabled child to the point of vegetation, be forced into abortion? After all, that's probably not going to be a very nice life, either

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

...Much of the old testament was misenterpreted, but this was not... And its Do Unto Others As You Will Have Others Do Unto You.

pfffft

He said, "Go and tell this people:

" 'Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.'
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.".

Isaiah 6:9-10

What that means is, though you may hear, you won't understand, though you see, you do not comprehend. etc.

You fit there. Open your heart to the words of others.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i dont remember asking for my parents...did you ask for yours?
no u dont ask for ur parents...
but generally 'real' parents want the best for their kids.
im not saying gay people are incapable of loving or caring for a child.. im just saying that its probly not the best position for the kid.... like it will have a difficult life accpeting these things mainly coz its not socially accepted.
god... imagine having gay parents..spesh if u wernt that way inclined

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i think a child should only grow up with attractive and wealthy parents. mainly attractive. i certainly wouldn't choose to have ugly hobo parents. in fact, any family that does not consist of jared leto and/or charlize theron should be against the law!

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
im not saying gay people are incapable of loving or caring for a child.. im just saying that its probly not the best position for the kid.... like it will have a difficult life accpeting these things mainly coz its not socially accepted.
Real parents.... PARDON?

PHP:
Main Entry: 1parent
Pronunciation: 'par-&nt, 'per-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin parent-, parens; akin to Latin parere to give birth to
Date: 15th century
1 a : one that begets or brings forth offspring b : a person who brings up and cares for another
Please note definition 1b.

I'm not sure what you're lacking, understanding or tolerance.

SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE IS GRANTED BY SOCIETY, IF ITS BLOCKED BY THEM, THEN ITS GENERALLY BLOCKED.

I've said it THREE times. CAN YOU NOT READ?!

*sigh*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA

Okay. Would you rather have an alcoholic mother and an unemployed, hobo father with no teeth and no real personal hygeine, a house that is basically trashed and that you're embarassed to invite people over to, and a physically + intellectually disabled sister who's not getting the care she needs..... or gay parents who love you, protect you, support you and do everything to do what's best for you?

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
i think a child should only grow up with attractive and wealthy parents. mainly attractive. i certainly wouldn't choose to have ugly hobo parents. in fact, any family that does not consist of jared leto and/or charlize theron should be against the law!
Originally posted by SKA
okay then. heaps niormal todulu
I don't think you realise, SKA, that Toodulu just undermined you... *shrugs* C`est la vie.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Protector
Real parents.... PARDON?

PHP:
Main Entry: 1parent
Pronunciation: 'par-&nt, 'per-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin parent-, parens; akin to Latin parere to give birth to
Date: 15th century
1 a : one that begets or brings forth offspring b : a person who brings up and cares for another
Please note definition 1b.

I'm not sure what you're lacking, understanding or tolerance.

SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE IS GRANTED BY SOCIETY, IF ITS BLOCKED BY THEM, THEN ITS GENERALLY BLOCKED.

I've said it THREE times. CAN YOU NOT READ?!

*sigh*
i mean 'real' parents as in people that care about their kids
'real' parents are the ones that want the best for their kids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)