• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

silly (1 Viewer)

clementine sea

HSC
I feel ridiculous having had to resort to this level.. haha. oh well. i think i need some help, and it seems as though this is a popular way to ... well, let it out.
here's my dillema:(
there is a guy...whom i am friends with (friends since we were in primary). and yes, yes i like him. maybe more than i should, clearly more than i should. we talk alot, everyday..on msn. and we've got a good friendship....
we havent been "out" together, and we dont see eachother often...being a girl i read into a lot thngs he says....making me confused or falling hard, once again.
today... i sent him a message...asking if he wanted to go to library to study withme.. no reply...and its been 4 hours :(
ive tried inviting him to other places before, i just seem to get let down with no replys or later making excuses :( what do i do? ive never been in a relationship...and this is my only close guy friend (who i happen to like:( ) and its clear my feelings are one sided........
My point is, i dont understand why hes being rude, by not replying, perhaps im just a paranoid freak...i dunno.
any advice would be helpful...i need to get over.
thank y'all.................................................clem.

aimstar555

HSC
well it's good that u can see that it's clearly one-sided, if u were nieve to that then you'd be in a lot more strife...
um...i've found that most guys when approached to a situation that they KNOW they dont wanna be in, they'd prefer to pretend they didn't see it of ignore it and hope that the female gets the message. yes it's rude and chicks HATE it because we always want a reason, but guys do this and they think it's okay "she's not gonna get hurt because i don't tell her the truth and hopefully she'll get that i only wanna be friends"
ur best bet is to stay friends with him, and its obvious thats all he wants :) and as for the replying thing, if he thinks that you asking him to hang out is too personal for him, well thats his own problem and certainly isn't a bad reflection on you :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
maybe he doesn't know what he feels or what he wants??? I think you shoudl relax and as aimstar555 said stay friends, who knows maybe he might make a move one day when he is more comfortable :) I'm not the best at this kind of thing but relax something could happen when you least expect it but if not you'll still be friends

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
One problem with a lot of girls is reading too much into body language. Well, verbal language too. :rolleyes:

I hate to say it but it doesn't appear he's very interested in being more than friends with you. You're buddies, which is cool, but being buddies often leads to one person wanting more because of misinterpreted signals, etc etc. Don't be too depressed over it, unrequited feelings happen all the time, to everyone.

You shouldn't make any moves. Stay friends, act normal. If he's becomes interested, he'll show it.

Meanwhile, there are a hell of a lot of other guys. Everywhere. :p Don't set your heart on this one. Some are good friends, but just not boyfriend material. ;)

anarchron

HSC
You know what? He's probably been reading too much Ladder Theory. So much so that the thought of spending time with you in the library would have set a RED ALERT about an impending situation of him turning into an Intellectual Whore.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Maybe try asking him to do something that he would be interested in doing.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Or maybe he's just like me: not really interested. A few of the girls did stuff like that to me last year though I didn't come up with lame excuses or resort to ignoring them, I jsut came straight out and turned them down nicely.
Poor girls. You shattered their hearts!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yeah, I carved a new notch into the brickwork every time I did it.

But known me, they wouldn't want someone like me. Probably the exact opposite. I'm yet to meet someone of the opposite sex who can put up with me. Or at least take me in larger doses.
Putting up with you doesn't sound difficult at all.

You're just using that as an excuse. You think you're too good for them. :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
I don't think I'm too good for anyone. In actual fact, I doubt I'm good enough, if you must know.
Awwwwww, here's a present. :)

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
you hug it and it'll help you stop feeling self-piteous.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
Very cute, honey.

Now how is that supposed to help me (if you can call it help)?
Squeeze it when you're sad. :)

Hello, Aiiiiiiirrrrrrrnnnnnnnneeeeesssssssssssssssss.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Oh dear, Argo's one of em cynical disillusioned urbanites.

Oxfam will have to raise the tear level of their ads.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
clementine sea said:
I feel ridiculous having had to resort to this level.. haha. oh well. i think i need some help, and it seems as though this is a popular way to ... well, let it out.
here's my dillema:(
there is a guy...whom i am friends with (friends since we were in primary). and yes, yes i like him. maybe more than i should, clearly more than i should. we talk alot, everyday..on msn. and we've got a good friendship....
we havent been "out" together, and we dont see eachother often...being a girl i read into a lot thngs he says....making me confused or falling hard, once again.
today... i sent him a message...asking if he wanted to go to library to study withme.. no reply...and its been 4 hours :(
ive tried inviting him to other places before, i just seem to get let down with no replys or later making excuses :( what do i do? ive never been in a relationship...and this is my only close guy friend (who i happen to like:( ) and its clear my feelings are one sided........
My point is, i dont understand why hes being rude, by not replying, perhaps im just a paranoid freak...i dunno.
any advice would be helpful...i need to get over.
thank y'all.................................................clem.
My advice is to do a few more of these :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Maybe include a few in your sms'?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
Oh dear, Argo's one of em cynical disillusioned urbanites.

Oxfam will have to raise the tear level of their ads.
Looks like you missed L&R enough to come back, my dear, dear Jamesy.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Looks like you missed L&R enough to come back, my dear, dear Jamesy.
*chucks an argonaut* I don't miss things :rolleyes:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Argonaut said:
Haha Jamesy, she's get a pet name for you!No, an Argonaut is a James Bond-esque one-liner like: "I never miss".
Hey mine was a one-liner too. A Jamesy-esque one-liner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)