• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SRC Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Kwayera said:
It's very dehumanising, innocently walking to a lecture, and then being abused as I walk past them just because I dare to think differently.

So, you know, Alma? Not nice.
Yeah but we abuse them back so it evens out? (Atleast i yell at them if i walk past one of their stalls)

scarybunny said:
I'm not even at uni on weds or thurs.

Sweet. I usually have to pull some hectic gladiator moves or use a human shield to get through Wentworth.
There's always Tuesday Prepoll day.

jayadore said:
Coleman looks better than Noah.
That's the basis for my vote.
But I'm not voting so why does it matter?

Will, however, vote HYPE for honi.
I too vote HYPE for Honi as its the only independant Honi ticket. But what i don't understand is if your going to vote for a honi ticket shouldn't you vote for president at the same time... This is everyones decent chance to get rid of those NLS Hacks... Why wouldn't anyone jump at the opportunity to try and be apart of that?

Enteebee said:
Q: Does someone doing a diploma get to vote?
Do you have a student card? If the answer is yes then you can vote.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
...gee thanks townie :p

kokodamonkey said:
I too vote HYPE for Honi as its the only independant Honi ticket. But what i don't understand is if your going to vote for a honi ticket shouldn't you vote for president at the same time... This is everyones decent chance to get rid of those NLS Hacks... Why wouldn't anyone jump at the opportunity to try and be apart of that?
easy tiger. no need to talk in campaign mode on teh interwebs.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
...gee thanks townie :p

easy tiger. no need to talk in campaign mode on teh interwebs.
no without picking/taking sides is, what i mean is, if your at the polling booth and voting on one of the 4 elections taking place, why wouldn't you cast a vote in the other 3 while your there at the same time?

beetlegirl

HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:
no without picking/taking sides is, what i mean is, if your at the polling booth and voting on one of the 4 elections taking place, why wouldn't you cast a vote in the other 3 while your there at the same time?
Refusing to vote based on uninformed choices?
I mean if I was going to vote, I'd vote because I like the candiate/their campaign/etc, not because I just happen to be there and their name looks appealing.

(but srsly, will just vote for Neb for whatever he's running :S Can I vote for Neb?)

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Tear up your vote and piss on people handing out leaflets. That's my 10 cents.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Triangulum said:
i don't think the src publishes the results online (because their website is shit) but it's probably at the end of the 2007 election thread if you want to dig it up.
Last year the SRC website had me listed on the Executive as 'Simon Justin' for the entire year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
It doesn't matter!

How do I find out what the voting turnout for the last previous years were.
Turnout last year was probably in the low 2000s.

CurlyRuby

HSC
HYPE is running independant SRC tix too,according to one of their minions in my geopol tute, so I'll probs vote for them for SRC. Get rid of NLS hacks etc.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm dissapointed Simon, you're BoS's staple of student politics.

And yes you can vote for me! Get one of them big SRC papers and put a [1] next to my name and then just place some other consecutive numbers elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that 1 is the minimum of boxes you've got to number for it to be valid (unlike those dirty senate ballot papers). Iuno, it's all in Honi.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
in other uni election news, i saw the list of candidates for the undergrad senate seat and there are two candidates: sara haghdoosti and kate laing. how did we go from five candidates last year to two this year?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
five candidates for such an important job isn't impressive at all, so the difference between 5 and 2 seems pretty insignificant.

el gwapo

HSC
it should be compulsory all those campaigning and handing out leaflets should be accompanied with a recycling bin beside them all the time.

kokodamonkey

HSC
"At the close of nominations at 12.00 noon on 20 August 2008, two valid nominations had been received. As a consequence of there being more nominations than vacancies, the University will now proceed to an election by postal ballot." Does that mean they were only hoping for 1 nomination ehh.. http://www.kateforsenate.com/ Kate's site is looking pretty good!

Nebuchanezzar said:
I'm dissapointed Simon, you're BoS's staple of student politics.

And yes you can vote for me! Get one of them big SRC papers and put a [1] next to my name and then just place some other consecutive numbers elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that 1 is the minimum of boxes you've got to number for it to be valid (unlike those dirty senate ballot papers). Iuno, it's all in Honi.
They could then Put a [2] Next to my name perhaps? Next year Neb you and i should run a BOS'ers for SRC Ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)